Seamlessly Backs Up Your Google Account to Your Mac
Google provides great cloud-based services, but it is important to keep a local copy of your data. This protects you against your account being compromised, a Google service outage, or a Google data loss event.
CloudPull seamlessly backs up your Google account to your Mac. It supports Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and Google Drive. By default, the app performs backups every hour, and maintains old point-in-time snapshots of your accounts for 90 days.
CloudPull allows you to back up a single account for free. For $14.99 (USD), you can upgrade to get premium features including:
- Support for up to ten Google accounts
- The ability to run CloudPull as a background app
- The ability to store your backup files in an alternate location
CloudPull creates backups in standard file formats:
- Email messages can be imported into Apple Mail individually.
- Entire mail labels can be imported into Apple Mail as mailboxes.
- Contacts can be imported into Address Book.
- Calendars can be imported into iCal.
- Documents, presentations, and spreadsheets from Google Drive can be opened with Microsoft Office, and can also be imported into Pages, Keynote, or Numbers. Other files from Google Drive are backed up in their native formats.
CloudPull provides a Mac native interface for working with your backups:
- You can browse current backups and backups from old snapshots.
- You can preview backed up items via Quick Look.
- You can restore items by dragging them to the Finder.
Whether you need backups because of a problem with your Google account or because you are offline, your backups are available to you on your Mac.