Easy-to-use video downloader supporting YouTube, Vimeo and over 140 other sites.
Downie may seem like a simple drag-and-drop app - and it is and isn't at the same time! It is designed to be simple to use - just drag and drop a link onto Downie and it will download the video on that site. It isn't simply another YouTube-downloader: Downie supports at this moment over 240 different sites! The full list may be viewed in Downie's preferences, under the Sites tab.
With each update, we add several new sites as per your requests - just send us a link to a web page that doesn't work and we'll most likely add it in the next update!
• Supports many sites - currently supports over 240 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
• 4K video YouTube support - unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
• Postprocessing - need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
• Quick support - I respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
• Frequent updates - Don't wait weeks for bugs for new sites to be supported, for bugs to be fixed! Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
• International - not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized. If your language is missing, contact us - we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.