Fast, folder-based syncing
DropSync is a fast and flexible folder synchronization tool.
It is ideal for a wide range of syncing tasks including:
- Updating on-the-go documents to a USB stick
- Backing up, or mirroring a website from a remote host to your local computer
- Backing up precious files like photos, music and websites to a second computer or external hard drive.
Under the hood, DropSync uses an industrial-strength syncing engine (rsync), which means that it is both fast and reliable.
DropSync works by incrementally updating files from a source to a destination. It lets you setup multiple sets of folders to sync and can handle syncing between many folders simultaneously.
Some of DropSyncâs other features include:
- The ability to sync with remote computers via the ssh protocol (works from mac to mac and mac to linux)
- Detailed, searchable previews of every sync operation
- AppleScript support lets power users easily automate syncs
- Support for adding custom rsync options