Advanced desktop file search tool for OS X Yosemite
Use HoudahSpot to locate hard-to-find files and keep frequently used files within reach. HoudahSpot builds upon Spotlight, which comes preinstalled with OS X. It makes Spotlight both more powerful and easier to use.
Start with a simple search. Refine it by adding and combining criteria. Quickly sort through search results. Add columns. Apply filters. Preview files and text matches.
If you've ever had a hard time finding a file before, this is what you've been looking for.
- Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, pixel count, etc.
- Combine criteria to narrow down search results
- Specify which folders to search and which ones to exclude
- Add any of the hundreds of columns available
- Apply filters to reduce search results to only the relevant items
- Preview files and text matches
- Open files and, where the application supports it, continue searching for text matches by pressing command-G (Find Next)
- Set up templates for recurring searches