JavE (Java Ascii Versatile Editor) is a free ASCII Editor. Rather than for editing texts, it is intended for drawing simple diagrams by using ASCII characters.
It is like a graphics editor for editing texts instead of images.
- Freehand painting by mouse
- FIGlet support - 195 fonts included
- GIF/JPG/BMP to Ascii conversion with multiple options
- Crash recovery - edited documents can be recovered by JavE when starting the next time
- Free shape selection tool
- Easy textbox editing (borders, move, rescale)
- Extendable clipart library
- Export for multiple purposes (HTML, Java/C++/C/... comment)
- And many many more - check it out!
Java Runtime (JRE) 1.2 or greater installed. You may want to also download the FIGlet Fonts Library (not required to run JavE, though.)