Create crazy paintings from photo or from scratch
Psykopaint, the most popular painting app on the chrome web store, is a painting application with a twist that allows you to paint while the colors are selected automatically based on a photo.
Unlike other software based on filters, it is your own personality expressed in a painting.
Until now the app was accessible exclusively online at: www.psykopaint.com
And now as a fully packaged app for Mac.
Create unique pieces very easily and have totally unique brushes either from scratch or using a photo.
- paint brush: emulation of traditional painting styles of impressionist artists like Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir, Cezanne etc...
- Spraycan: spray all sorts of effects. Spray mozaics, 8 bit style, hearts, paint splashes etc...
- Cannon: Use physics properties like gravity, velocity and air friction to throw objects around. Totally unique way to paint!
- Pointillist: Very rapidly create pointillist style paintings
- Knife: Create this unique cut up style like infamous Steve Jobs collage. This is a unique feature particularly appreciated by designers.
- Ribbons: Paint using a Ribbon, made famous by digital artist Erik Natzke. It will allow you to create interesting digital impressionistic style.
The many ways our users use it for:
- As a secret weapon for many up and coming artists mixing digital art and traditional medias. (ex Russ Mills)
- To showcase their painting skills on the gallery and start a new career.
- As entertainment tool. Psykopaint is a very fun painting tool. Even if you don't know how to paint.
- In architecture, to give a more organic feel to renders.
- As a teaching ressource for schools, to learn about composition and what makes a great painting using the powerful photo-painting capabilities.
- As a therapeutic tool. Used in hospitals, rehab centers, prisons and mental institutions. As Psykopaint let you quickly achieve the feeling of flow, one of the side effect is to make users become happier and remove stress levels. (One painting a day will keep the psychologist away!)