Best 3D modeling, rendering and animation for professional artists, animators, film production houses and game developers.
3D Creation: Model, Render and Animate
Create or import models, build scenes and render! Build models for your 3d games. Use 3D modeling tools to build organic, mechanical and architectural designs. Shade gives you the tools; you provide the imagination. Shade is scalable to projects of any size - great art, film or game content development.
First released in 1986, Shade is one of the oldest, most consistently used 3D products today on Mac OS X and Windows. Shade is published worldwide by Mirye Software.
* All Basic curved, expanded polymesh tools, boolean + deformation, and conversion tools
* complete hair and fur tool set with collision detection for creating realistic, animated characters
* use photos and illustrations to generate objects
Materials and Surface Tools
* unlimited layers of materials, textures, UV editor, displacement and normal mapping
* volumetric materials and material effects
* projection mapping to set up your materials
Set Up Tools
* unlimited number of custom, static, animated cameras
* control shadow rendering
* volumetric lighting, image based lighting, support for negative lights
* camera control with tilt, video safe zones
Rendering and Animation
* multi-pass rendering, toon rendering
* unlimited network rendering nodes
* advanced physics system and particle effects
* radiosity and global illumination options
* Post processing effects!
* 32/64/128 bit depth with color correction; HDRI image support
* Transformation animation, morphing and camera animation
* 3D stereo sounds with doppler effect
* real 3D stereoscopic rendering and exporting as .mpo (for Stereoscopic 3D TV)
* Python-based scripting and SDK
* import BVH, SketchUp, Poser® figure with animation
* import/export, LWO, 3DS, DXF, COLLADA, Piranisi EPIX
* import/export as QuickTime movies
* export QTVR panorama cubic-panorama and object movie
* import/export Adobe Illustrator, PFM, EXP
Compare versions of Shade at http://mirye.net/compare-shade-12-versions