Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a free 3D Sonic the Hedgehog fan-game built using a modified version of the Doom Legacy source port of Doom. SRB2 is closely inspired by the original Sonic games from the Sega Genesis, and attempts to recreate the design in 3D while also providing a full host of multiplayer modes and features in a fast-paced mix of FPS and platforming gameplay.
SRB2′s features include, but are not limited to:
- Beautiful 3D Enviroment, with free movement in all directions.
- Old-school Genesis-era platforming, complete with rings, springs, baddies, reversible gravity and other obstacles.
- Three playable characters – Sonic, Tails, Knuckles — each with their own unique abilities.
- Over 30 levels to play, featuring a variety of locations, from green meadows, to deep underwater ruins, mines, mountains and space stations…and we haven’t even mentioned the unlockables!
- Fast-paced multiplayer fun with support of up to 32 players online, as well as 2 player splitscreen.
- Configurable graphics and control options – play with a modern WSAD + Mouse FPS control setup, a relaxed gamepad setup, or anything in between!
- Customization: SRB2 includes the ability to create your own levels, characters, level music and sounds and, with knowledge of programming, even a whole new game.
- 9 multiplayer game modes: Cooperative, Match, Team Match, Capture the Flag, Race, Classic Race, Tag and Hide and Seek. Not to mention, support for custom gametypes!
- Original Soundtrack produced by some of the best Sonic music artists on the Internet.
- Level design tools that allow easy creation of your own custom characters, levels, textures, music, and anything else you can think of!
- Full source code for the game, included right with the install.
…and so much more!