SoundTap is a streaming audio recorder for Mac OS X. Record any audio playing through your computer in pure digital.
SoundTap is a streaming audio capture program that lets you record just about any audio that plays on your computer. Simply install this software, turn it on and then all sound played on or through a Mac will be recorded as wav or mp3 files. All audio is 'tapped' by a virtual driver directly within the kernel so the process is perfect digital quality.
* SoundTap complies with Microsoft's DRM signed driver model and will not record streams if a DRM player is used and if the stream is marked as DRM copy-protected.
- Records a direct digital copy of any audio played on your computer with no loss of quality.
- Saves files in wav or mp3 format with a wide range of selected codec and compression options.
- You can select to either listen while you record streaming audio or save audio silently.
- Provides automatic recovery from broken audio streams.
- Features the ability to pause and resume recording.
- As an internet recorder almost anything that is streamed over the web can be captured.
- Ability to record and mix microphone input to capture both sides if you are using SoundTap to recording a VoIP or Conference conversation (optional).
- Recordings can be searched quickly by date, time, duration or format.