Springy features at a glance:
- Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without extracting any file from it.
- Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
- Quickly extract the whole archive or disk image by double-clicking its file in a Finder.
- Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in an archive or disk image.
- Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Finder.
- Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using system Services Menu in Snow Leopard or Finder contextual menu in Leopard and earlier.
- Edit and modify any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
- Live preview of many types of files inside archive, without extracting.
- Browsing files in archives and disk images and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical Finder contextual menu.
Springy supports all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, RAR, 7Z, PAX, CPIO, CPGZ, GZIP, BZIP2, UNIX Compress, SIT, JAR and DMG and ISO disk images. Support for more will come in future releases.