- Version 2.4.8 | Release Date: 2012-10-02 | Download
- Fixed a crash if unable to get attributes for a root path when connecting via SSH
- Fixed default option for excluding DS_Store files
- Version 2.4.7 | Release Date: 2012-08-11 | Download
- Fixes keychain access under mountain lion
- Version 2.4.6 | Release Date: 2012-08-05 | Download
Fixed a bug where DropSync would not preserve ordering of user defined rsync options
- Improved help text to explain authentication via public/private key pairs
- Version 2.4.5 | Release Date: 2012-05-29 | Download
- Fixed a bug affecting users with special characters in usernames
- Fixed a minor memory leak
- Improved rsync parsing
- Now avoids escaping paths if the —protect-args option is set (Improves compatibility with some remote servers)
- Version 2.4.4 | Release Date: 2012-05-20 | Download
- Added support for Gatekeeper in Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- “Open with …” (available by right clicking on an item) presents a list of applications with which folders and files can be opened.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes occur if symbolic links were present in the root path
- Fixed 2 minor memory leaks
- Removed rsync timeout setting in preferences because it is no longer needed
- Version 2.4.3 | Release Date: 2012-03-28 | Download
- Fixed a hang that would occur when connecting via ssh
- Added default settings for FAT filesystems
- Version 2.4.2 | Release Date: 2012-03-16 | Download
- Better handling of network disconnects when browsing remote files
- Other minor bugfixes
- Version 2.4.1 | Release Date: 2012-02-20 | Download
- A preference item to globally disable Growl notifications
- Version 2.4.0 | Release Date: 2012-02-07 | Download
- Includes a dockless mode, shortcuts for immediate syncing and a major upgrade to the sftp engine.
- New dockless mode, which allows the app to run as a menu item only
- Keyboard and menu shortcuts for fast syncing without previews
- Improved sftp engine should result in better browser performance over slow network connections
- Now a 64 bit application
- Icons in the browser should now appear much sharper
- Accented characters should now display properly in previews
- Fixed the cause of several crashes
- Version 2.3.0 | Release Date: 2011-10-20 | Download
1. Scheduled and automated one-way syncs
2. A DropSync status menu item
3. Significant performance improvements to the activity log
4. Item and change type are now shown as a simple badged icon when viewing detailed changes.
5. Reorganised the preferences window
6. Fixed a serious bug in the browser view that would cause random crashes
7. Browser view now provides better feedback when connecting to slow connections or when timed out
8. Removed the ability to mark a selected item as "active" or "inactive" in the list view because this functionality is redundant and confusing
9. Recursive syncs (from a parent folder into its child) are now checked for and disallowed
10. Other minor bug fixes
- Version 2.2.1 | Release Date: 2011-06-24 | Download
- This includes improvements to the user interface and several bugfixes.
- The detailed log for a sync now includes a “Save Report” button to export the entire log as a text file.
- Columns in the Browser view are now delimited by faint lines to guide clicking in the deletion columns.
- Icons for deletion (left) and (right) now point left/right rather than up/down.
- For new users, deletion will now be enabled by default in preferences.
- The browser view now updates itself properly after a sync with errors occurred.
- Fixed an important bug in the sftp framework which was responsible for several crashes.
- Added parsing rules for two new error types.
- Version 2.2.0 | Release Date: 2011-06-04 | Download
- This release provides a major rework of the rsync parsing engine under the hood of DropSync and provides a better interface for logging and resolving errors.
- Version 2.2.0 is now 10.6 only
Major upgrade to the rsync parsing engine and error handling
- Errors are grouped and stored in the Activity log
- Help is now available as tooltips and in the help-book on common errors
- The browser view now has a status column which appears if errors or warnings are present
- A hang that occurred under certain conditions has been fixed
Bundled rsync upgraded
- Latest rsync upgraded to 3.0.8
- Apple rsync upgraded to version 40
- The configure window for synced places now handles unsaved changes properly
- Several rare crashes were fixed
- Old cache files are now thoroughly cleaned up
- Version 2.1.6 | Release Date: 2011-05-03 | Download
- Added “Select All” to allow selecting all subfolders of a synced item
- Fixed Four Bugs
- Version 2.1.5 | Release Date: 2011-04-05 | Download
- Fixed a crashing bug introduced in the last update (sorry!)
- Version 2.1.4 | Release Date: 2011-04-05 | Download
- Authentication with remote hosts via an identity file is now supported
- Fixes a crash that would sometimes occur when syncing multiple folders simultaneously
- Version 2.1.3 | Release Date: 2011-03-21 | Download
- Fixed a bug that prevented deletion options from being selected in the list view
- The application is now signed which should reduce the number of dialogs asking for keychain access
- Fixed some other minor bugs
- Version 2.1.2 | Release Date: 2011-03-01 | Download
- DropSync 2.1.2 Fixed a critical bug caused by a missing framework
- Version 2.1.0 | Release Date: 2011-02-20 | Download
The Activity window
- This version introduces the activity window. It keeps a log of all syncing activity, showing live progress as well as a log of all changes for completed syncs.
- Note that only syncs performed after upgrading to 2.1.0 will be included.
Improvements to the Browser view
- Folders can now be created, modified and deleted from within the browser
- Mirroring options can now be set from within the browser
- Improved help pages for creating synced places
- Streamlined creation of Synced Places
- Better arrangement of toolbar icons
- More sensible truncation of root paths
- Better handling of passwords (no longer need to enter passwords twice)
- Improved handling of sync cancelling and termination of underlying rsync tasks
- Version 2.0.5 | Release Date: 2010-12-06 | Download
- Fixed an interface glitch that occurred when switching between list and browser views
- Clicking the stop button twice will now force kill sync tasks. This effectively deals with cases where the rsync program hangs
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2010-12-01 | Download
DropSync version 2.0 is a major upgrade from version 1.
It features a new browser window that allows browsing of remote synced places, as well as greatly improved stability and performance
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2010-04-28 | Download
Changes in terminology
- Remote Locations are now called Synced Places
- New design for the main window
- New interface for configuring remote locations
- A test button to test connections to ssh locations has been added
- Custom rsync options are now supported including filtering etc
- DropSync now has a complete and detailed Help Book
- Includes fixes for too many bugs to list here
- Version 0.9.2 | Release Date: 2009-12-20 | Download
Fixed the following bugs:
Fixed a severe bug in which an empty session would remain open necessitating a restart of the app to regain functionality
DropSync no longer pollutes console.log with excessive logging statements
Fixed a problem where syncs with deletion would fail if the rsync version on a remote host was less than 3.0
Preview details are now viewable via applescript
- Version 0.9.0 | Release Date: 2009-11-30 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 0.9.0b7 | Release Date: 2009-11-19 | Download
- DropSync http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/Appcast.xml Most recent changes with links to updates. en Version 0.9.0b4 (62) http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/release-notes.html Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:39:07 +0930 Version 0.9.0b5 (63) http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/release-notes.html Sat, 07 Nov 2009 08:32:06 +0930 Version 0.9.0b5 (63) http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/release-notes.html Sat, 07 Nov 2009 16:20:43 +0930 Version 0.9.0b6 (64) http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/release-notes.html Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:48:54 +0930 Version 0.9.0b7 (65) http://dropsync.mudflatsoftware.com/release-notes.html Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:02:06 +0930
Licence: Shareware ($10 (US))