- Version 3.5.2 | Release Date: 2006-08-26 | Download
MT-NW 3.5.2 includes these new features:
- Secure News: Added support for news over SSL (snews), configurable via the server settings in the News Servers dialog.
- Secure Mail: Added support for SMTP authentication, and SMTP over TLS and SSL, configurable via the Mail Server tab in the Personalities dialog.
- Passwords Stored in Keychain: MT-NW can now store news and mail passwords in your Keychain, and not in its preferences file.
- Search Integration: The context menus in article and message windows now have items to search in Google, look up a word in Dictionary, and search using Spotlight (on Tiger). Spelling-related items are now also available in message window context menus.
- More reliable binary extraction: This version contains fixes for several bugs relating to binary extraction. Extraced binaries will no longer produced corrupted files, and the process will use less memory.
Bug fixes and other changes
* Added the ability to create filters via AppleScript.
* Removed the ability to base a personality on an Internet Config profile, since IC is deprecated in the OS.
* The "User agent" header no longer contains "Intel" on PowerPC machines.
* Build PPC with gcc 3.3 so that it's compatible with pre-10.3.9 systems.
* Fixed the "Print" menu item.
* Authentication via GSS (Kerberos) now works again.
* Fixed SOCKS connection error on Intel.
* Fixed a bug that caused extracted binaries to be corrupted sometimes.
* Fixed a bug that caused files created by cancelled binary extraction tasks to not be deletable.
* Improved error reporting when extracting binaries.
* You can now Copy from the binary extraction Log window
* Fixed memory leaks when extracting binaries.
* Now use long filenames when dragging msgs from subject window to Finder.
* JPEG images now display millions of colors, which fixes color banding issues.
* Fixed some issues enabling menu items on the "Shared Newsrc" submenu.
* Fixed a bug that caused some window positions to be restored incorrectly on Intel (this was most apparent with the Log window, and I believe was responsible for a nasty hang when extracting binaries on Intel machines).
* Fixed an issue that caused MT-NW to complain that some URL helpers (like Fetch) are too old to use.
- Version 3.5.1 | Release Date: 2006-07-11 | Download
- No changes specified