- Version 4.38 | Release Date: 2015-02-12 | Download
New: App icon.
New: File Juicer reports when a file is completely empty or filled with zeroes. From such files nothing can ever be extracted, and for file recovery it is handy to know when a file is beyond hope.
Updated: Version checking now includes the version of OS X into its workings, to avoid reporting updates which requiire a newer OS than you have.
Temporary: Removal of check for OS 10.8 or newer - it might work on older systems than I have on my Macs. It will launch on OS X 10.6.8.
- Version 4.36 | Release Date: 2014-01-27 | Download
Fix for Mavericks
Fix for extraction of images from Office documents larger than 256 MB
- Version 4.30 | Release Date: 2012-07-25 | Download
Signed to be recognized by the Gatekeeper in Mac OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion.
- Version 4.22 | Release Date: 2010-05-17 | Download
- Version 4.20 | Release Date: 2010-04-07 | Download
Fixed: a bug with extracting some images from Word files
Fixed: a crash with extracting images from already damaged PPT files
Added hint about OCR (which File Juicer does not) when attempting to extract text from scanned files.
- Version 4.18 | Release Date: 2009-07-15 | Download
- Added: shortcut in the File Menu for iPhone and iPod Touch backup files
- Added: Finder Info for origin of files extracted from iPhone and iPod Touch backup files
- Version 4.17 | Release Date: 2009-06-04 | Download
Fix: crash when extracting images from some pps files.
- Version 4.16 | Release Date: 2009-06-03 | Download
- Updated: Portuguese localization by LuÃs Damas
- Added: Shortcut in the File menu for ectracting images from Safari's page preview cache.
- Fix: crash when extracting mp3 files from PF files (rarely seen!).
- Version 4.15 | Release Date: 2009-05-11 | Download
Added: Swedish localization by Winterpil
Added: Extracted text now gets saved in Word format in addition to rtf and plain text.
Fix: Extraction of images embedded in word files embedded in other files now work.
- Version 4.14 | Release Date: 2009-01-01 | Download
Added Russian localization by Michael Krekin
- Version 4.13 | Release Date: 2008-12-30 | Download
Dutch localization by Jakko Westerbeke
- Version 4.11 | Release Date: 2008-11-21 | Download
File Juicer can now extract the slightly corrupt JPEG files found in older Flash files and fix them.
- Version 4.10 | Release Date: 2008-09-24 | Download
- Added: shortcut in the file menu for the Flash video cache. This is where you can find the FLV files from the moment they are downloaded until you leave the web page.
- Added: support from extracting previews and coonverting Sony ARW files. Conversion requires Mac OS 10.5.4
- Version 4.9.9 | Release Date: 2008-08-29 | Download
- Added: support for discovering contents of iPhone applications (ipa files), including use of the iPhonePNG normalizing tool for the "png" like files used on the iPhone.
- Added: automatically digging into zip files (which are found inside other files - exe or ipa are examples) to extract files from their content.
- Added: extraction of Microsoft Office files types: doc, ppt/pps and xls from other file types - like msg files from Microsoft Outlook.
- Fixed: blue color cast on converted WMV files on systems with Quicktime 7.5 or newer.
- Fixed: crash on Mac OS X 10.3.9 when extracting images from PowerPoint and setting the dates from EXIF tags.
- Version 4.9.8 | Release Date: 2008-07-17 | Download
- Added: support for iPhoto's ithmb files for the iPod Photo (they are different from the ones on the iPod).
- Added: extract of content of .webarchive files from Safari 4.
- Added: extract of xml coded binary data from .plist files.
- Version 4.9.7 | Release Date: 2008-04-21 | Download
Improved: when recovering JPG images from flash cards, File Jucier will use the date the photo was taken for the recovered file.
- Version 4.9.6 | Release Date: 2008-03-30 | Download
- Improved: File Juicer will now automatically unpack gz compressed files which are found in FireFox cache, and Apple Pages documents.
- Sanity check: File Juicer will not generate index html files if there is more than 20.000 images. To browse this abount of images, an application like iPhoto is far better than Safari.
- Fix: Can generate the disk image needed for recovery needed for recovery of images Casio Exilim cameras. Advanced users can can also make this disk image this with Disk Utility, but File Jucier is simpler.
- Fix: Extracted a non-JPEG from CR2 files.
- Version 4.9.5 | Release Date: 2008-03-10 | Download
- Updated: Support for juicing the Safari cache in Mac OS X 10.5.2
- New: Menu shortcut to extracting thumbnails and previews from Aperture libraries.
- New: Chinese translation done by Mimihzs.
- New: Automator action for extracting jpeg previews from RAW images
- Version 4.9.4 | Release Date: 2008-02-25 | Download
- Fixed: The "Extract Images" Automator action works again (It gave the error code -1708).
- Fixed: Blue pixels in images extracted from iPod Nano 3G ithmb files.
- Fixed: Crash when juicing some PDF files for JPEG and TIFF while showing image progress.
- Fixed: Crash when juicing for corrupt TIFF files on PC disk images.
- Improved: speeed when processing many small files (Safari 2.x cache files)
- Version 4.9.3 | Release Date: 2008-01-08 | Download
- Fixed: Recognizes 8 GB flash cards
- Improved: conversion of ithmb files from the iPhone. Now the JPEG versions are un-dithered as well as enlarged. The TIFF files are still the direct conversion.
- Version 4.9.2 | Release Date: 2007-12-07 | Download
- Improved: improved speed (and memory use) when when extracting from Safari's chaches on Leopard
- Improved: speed when extracting FLV files from the Temoprary Items used by the Adobe Flash plugin. Speed tip - uncheck all but FLV in the preferences.
- Fixed: Extracting MP3 files - support for a variant of ID3 tags - used when naming mp3 files from the tag.
- Version 4.9.1 | Release Date: 2007-10-28 | Download
- Updated: the shortcuts in the File Menu now find Safari's mand Mail's chaches on Leopard
- Fixed: Extracting MP3 files - The skipped the last letter in the file name for newer formats of the ID3 tag.
- New: extracts .gz files from inside other formats. GZ files have a very tiny header and may result in false positives. If extracted GZ does not decompress with Finder it was not a gz file.
- Version 4.9 | Release Date: 2007-10-17 | Download
- New: extraction of ithmb images from the iPhone.
- New: extracts RAW images from flash cards. Raw images are special image formats used by Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Sony and Pentax. File Juicer will recognize CR2, CRW, NEF, ORF, PEF and DNG files. If your camera is not supported you are welcome to email me sample files so I can add support.
- Fix: unintended black frames when converting WMV to QuickTime
- Documentation: Notes about using File Juicer as a forensics tool
- Version 4.8.4 | Release Date: 2007-09-16 | Download
- New: extraction of ithmb images from the new 3rd generation iPod Nano.
- Improved: File Jucier can now extract images from very large PPT presentations (Like 250 MB!)
- Fix: extraction of grayscale images with alpha channel from PDF now preserve the alpha channel.
- Version 4.8.3 | Release Date: 2007-09-05 | Download
- New: extraction of images (etc..) from sqlite3 databases (which will be more common on Mac OS 10.5).
- New: extraction of files form Safari's cache on Mac OS 10.5
- New: extraction of icns files from bundles and folders. This is currently tied to tiff extraction checkbox.
- Fixed: when converting WMV files to QuickTime with Flip4Mac's codec the sound would sometimes not be included on PPC Macs
- Version 4.8.2 | Release Date: 2007-08-15 | Download
- Fixed: Some ithmb files would not convert properly on Intel Macs
- New: conversion of ithmb files recovered from iPhone
- New: converted ithmb files are now also saved in jpeg format enlarged 150% for convenience. The tiff version still contain exactly what is in the ithmb.
- Verified: File Juicer will still extract the thumbnails and images stored in the iPhoto Library from iLife Â´08
- Verified: extraction of images and video from iWork Â´08 - KeyNote, Pages and Numbers.
- Version 4.8.1 | Release Date: 2007-07-21 | Download
- Fixed: Using the index feature on Mac OS 10.3.9 would cause File Jucier to crash after extracting files. This feature require Mac OS X10.4 (Spotlight). The "Make Index" checkbox is now properly grayed out on 10.3.9.
- Version 4.8 | Release Date: 2007-06-03 | Download
- New: Tetris style panoramic index files - try it on your Safari cache! After extracting images it creates a one page html index as if the images were Tetris blocks. Images form Safari's cache get linked so you can visit the pages where they come from .
- New: Improved handling of the BOM files found in installer packages and software update receips. The file list inside is saved as a text file, and the files in the list are juiced too.
- Fixed: Bug preventing some images to be extracted from Word documents if it contained a special EMF file.
- Version 4.7.6 | Release Date: 2007-04-12 | Download
New: Uncompressed bitmap files found in PDF files are normally saved as PDF bitmaps to preserve as much information as possible. For convenience File Juicer will now save an extra 24 bit RGB TIFF version if the TIFF checkbox is checked in the preferences.
Fixed: File Juicer had problems extracting progressive JPEG files from other files. Progressive JPEG ar typically created by Photoshop to be displayed gradually in browsers as they download over slow internet lines.
- Version 4.7.5 | Release Date: 2007-03-31 | Download
Since version 4.5
- Spanish and Portuguese localization
- Added support for Apple's RAW converter to allow conversion of CR2, CRW, NEF, ORF, PEF and RAF files to TIFF and JPEG. File Juicer still extract the JPEG preview files found in those formats as well.
- Added better support for extracting text from PDF on Mac OS X 10.4
- WMV to QuickTime conversion if you have the WMV codec from Flip4Mac installed. There are more advanced converters, but this feature of File Jucier is for simple, no options to set, conversion to a QuickTime file of the same size as the WMV.
- Version 4.5 | Release Date: 2006-07-11 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($17.95)