- Version 3.8 | Release Date: 2014-04-22 | Download
What's New in Version 3.8
This update adds a new language-aware plugin for searching Amazon and improves the clarity of some menus and tooltips. It also introduces JSON-based plugins and accepts results from search engines in JSON format. Many plugins as well as some scanners and search sets have been updated. This update is recommended for all users.
- "Shopping > Amazon" plug-in.
- "Recently used" submenu for quick access to recently used plugins and search sets.
- Support for JSON-based plugins.
- Menu extra shows "No results" instead of giving no feedback in case of no results.
- Expansion tooltips of menu extra results wrap too longs titles instead of truncating them.
- Recent searches appear in a submenu of the menu extra.
- Inactive results in the menu extra are easier recognizable.
- Search results support VoiceOver.
- Plugins updated: "Apple Cocoa-Dev", "DEVONtech Forum", "Facebook Profiles", "FDA", "FindLaw", "Google Patents Search", "Google Scholar (Articles)", "Google Scholar (Legal opinions and journals)", "Gutenberg.org", "Healthfinder.gov", "Images", "Info (Images)", "Poetry", "RocketNews", "US Patent Office", "Wikipedia", "Wiktionary", "Yahoo News", and "Yandex".
- Plugin "Koders Code Search" becomes "Ohloh Code Search", "FirstGov" becomes "USA.gov".
- "Marketing" default search set updated.
- Support for Yahoo.
- Support for news feeds.
- Filtering of links to cached results and to social bookmarking and social networking sites.
- Obsolete plugins: Exalead, Google Government, Googlism, Scinet, Scirus, Usenet Groups, and Webshots.
- Deprecated plugin key "ReformatPreformattedText".
- Version 3.7 | Release Date: 2014-02-20 | Download
What's New in Version 3.7
This release brings updated plugins, an improved French localization, and reliability enhancements. It is recommended for all users.
- Plugins updated: "References > JSTOR", "References > SEC", "Blogs > Technorati".
- Search sets updated: "Marketing", "Macintosh News (Latest)", and "Macintosh News (More)".
- Scanners updated: "Tube" (again compatible to YouTube).
- Scanning of links by many scanners.
- Standard error logging redirected to file "Console.log" in application support folder. The messages are still logged to the Console application too.
- French localization.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2013-12-05 | Download
What's New in Version 3.6
This update brings new plugins for searching IEEE Xplore and EUR-Lex and updates the plugins for Blekko, Google Patents Search, and the American Chemical Society. Some minor bugs have been fixed, too. This update is recommended for all users.
- Plugins for searching IEEE Xplore and EUR-Lex.
- "Blekko", "Patents > Google Patents Search", and "Science > American Chemical Society" plugins updated.
- Maximum download size increased to 64 MB.
- Rare glitch of popover of menu extra.
- Incompatibility to, e.g., google.com.au.
- "Science > Science Gems" plugin.
- "Patents > WIPO" plugin.
- Version 3.5.2 | Release Date: 2013-10-03 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5.2
This maintenance release improves compatibility, adds the possibility to access commonly used options by right- or âControl-clicking the menu extra icon, and fixes a number of bugs. This update is recommended for all users.
- Right- or âControl-clicking the menu extra icon opens a menu similar to the action menu to give, e.g., access to the preferences or quit the application.
- Revised appearance.
- Updated "Tube" scanner is again compatible to YouTube.
- Count of found scanner objects wasn't always correct.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.5.1 | Release Date: 2013-08-21 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5.1
This release updates the "MacUpdate" and "Twitter" plugins and fixes a few bugs and glitches. This update is recommended for all users.
- Plugins updated: "Apple > MacUpdate", "Social Networking > Twitter" (requires at least OS X 10.8, 64-bit mode, and a valid Twitter account).
- Appearance of menu revised.
- Automatic repositioning of menu.
- Checking for updates on startup could freeze DEVONagent Express, e.g. when the server was unresponsive.
- Minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.3 | Release Date: 2012-08-28 | Download
What's New in Version 3.3
This maintenance release adds compatibility to OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion", adds sandboxing for the App Store variants, and fixes a number of minor issues.
Note: Starting with this release DEVONagent Express requires an Intel-based Mac and OS X 10.6.8 or later.
- NEW: Plugin Legal > Google Scholar searching for legal opinions and journals.
- NEW: App Store versions are sandboxed.
- Improved: Plugin Google Scholar renamed to Google Scholar (Articles).
- Improved: Search set Marketing updated.
- Improved: Google plugins updated and simplified.
- Improved: Tube scanner.
- Improved: Support for Google plugins, e.g. caching of previews.
- Improved: Plugin Discussion Lists > Usenet Groups for reliability in Agent mode.
- Improved: Handling of URLs containing pseudo-anchors.
- Improved: French localization.
- Improved: Compatibility to Text Expander.
- Improved: High-resolution application icon for Retina displays.
- Improved: 64 bit support.
- Improved: Compatibility to OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
- Improved: Overall performance and memory management.
- Fixed: Localization issues in Support Assistant.
- Fixed: Dates older than Jan 1, 2001 were not used.
- Fixed: Further minor bugs and issues.
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2012-05-18 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
This maintenance release updates a number of plugins, improves the help integration, and fixes a number of minor issues. This update also adds a new Welcome Assistant.
- NEW: Welcome Assistant is displayed after launching the application for the first time. Also accessible via Help > Welcome.
- Improved: Retrieval of titles and descriptions for links, e.g. for the results of the Facebook Profiles plugin.
- Improved: Updated plugins: Medical > PubMed, Images & Videos > Webshots, and Images & Videos > Picsearch.
- Improved: Updated Tube scanner.
- Improved: Animated frame changes of tooltip of menu extra results.
- Improved: Plugin Patents > Google Patents Search updated.
- Improved: Help integration.
- Improved: Overall performance and stability.
- Fixed: Rare issue of search engine returning too many results in case of complex queries.
- Fixed: Cursor is now an arrow instead of an I-beam over popup and clear buttons of search fields.
- Version 3.1.2 | Release Date: 2012-03-01 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1.2
This update is a maintenance update that brings support for Google Chrome bookmarks, can generate preview thumbnails via Thumbshots.com, opens the menu extra also in OS X 10.7 Lion's fullscreen mode (via the hotkey), and fixes a number of minor bugs and glitches.
- NEW: Support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
- NEW: The menu can be shown in OS X 10.7 Lion's fullscreen mode by pressing the hotkey.
- NEW: Thumbnails can alternatively be generated via Thumbshots.com (faster but lower quality). [Read more...]
- Improved: Marketing default search set.
- Improved: Thumbnail Gallery scanner.
- Improved: Updated References > SEC plugin.
- Improved: French localization.
- Improved: About and splash panels.
- Fixed: Action menu font.
- Fixed: Minor interface glitches.
- Version 3.1.1 | Release Date: 2011-12-13 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- NEW: Search fields support also keywords and names of plugins as well as names of search sets followed by a colon, e.g. "google:term" or "marketing:apple", to easily switch the current plugin/search set.
- Improved: DEVONtech Forum, Googlism, PubMed, Twitter, and Wiktionary plugins updated.
- Improved: Wallpaper, Thumbnail Gallery, and Tubes scanners.
- Improved: Filtering of links to login pages or social bookmarking.
- Improved: Tooltips of popup menus of search fields include keywords, too.
- Improved: Links updated for new DEVONtechnologies website.
- Fixed: Various glitches of Preferences, Menu Extra tab.
- Fixed: Memory leak of Wallpaper scanner.
- Fixed: Various other minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2011-11-23 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1
- NEW: Several additional symbols ($â¬Â£Â¥%Â§) are now supported for searching for price or legal information.
- Improved: More reliable Webcam, Embedded Multimedia, Thumbnail Gallery, and Wallpaper scanners.
- Improved: Marketing and Apple (Feeds) search sets.
- Improved: Embedded Multimedia and Linked Video scanners recognize .f4v files.
- Improved: Thumbnail Gallery scanner.
- Improved: DEVONtech Forum plugin.
- Improved: Advertising filter.
- Improved: Similar Pages filters now only pages without any additional, unique objects if a scanner is selected.
- Improved: Filtering of links to cached pages.
- Improved: Higher quality of icon previews for Facebook profiles.
- Improved: Default settings for some search sets.
- Improved: Handling of redirect/forward patterns.
- Improved: Compatibility of RSS parser to buggy feeds.
- Improved: Handling of storages used by background processes.
- Improved: Reliability, performance, and memory management.
- Fixed: Various issues of handling of [range] wildcards.
- Fixed: Embedded Multimedia scanner is again compatible to YouTube.
- Fixed: Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.0.4 | Release Date: 2011-11-03 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 3.0.4" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 3.0.4
<p>New:<br />- Results support selecting by entering the first characters of the name of a result.<br />- Query terms support now words separated by hyphens. E.g. e-mail is identical to (email OR "e mail") and therefore matches email, e-mail, or e mail.<br /><br />Improved:<br />- Images plugin, Twitter completely rewritten.<br />- Multimedia, Webcam, and Thumbnail Gallery scanners.<br />- Macintosh News, Marketing, and New Software search sets.<br />- Very small icon previews are scaled up to the desired size in expansion tooltips.<br />- Handling of thumbnails, titles, summaries, and links returned by Yahoo.<br />- 64 bit support.<br /><br />Fixed:<br />- Icon previews of expansion tooltips were not automatically updated.<br />- Workaround added to anchor/fragment handling for Twitter.<br />- Toggling Show Text Summary In Menu via the action menu didn't immediately update the menu.<br />- Minor user interface glitches.<br /><br />Removed:<br />- Obsolete Google Directory plugin.</p>
Licence: Commercial with demo