- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2013-12-05 | Download
What's New in Version 3.6
This update brings new plugins for searching IEEE Xplore and EUR-Lex and updates the plugins for Blekko, Google Patents Search, and the American Chemical Society. Some minor bugs have been fixed, too. This update is recommended for all users.
- Plugins for searching IEEE Xplore and EUR-Lex.
- "Blekko", "Patents > Google Patents Search", and "Science > American Chemical Society" plugins updated.
- Maximum download size increased to 64 MB.
- Rare glitch of popover of menu extra.
- Incompatibility to, e.g., google.com.au.
- "Science > Science Gems" plugin.
- "Patents > WIPO" plugin.
- Version 3.5.2 | Release Date: 2013-10-03 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5.2
This maintenance release improves compatibility, adds the possibility to access commonly used options by right- or ⌃Control-clicking the menu extra icon, and fixes a number of bugs. This update is recommended for all users.
- Right- or ⌃Control-clicking the menu extra icon opens a menu similar to the action menu to give, e.g., access to the preferences or quit the application.
- Revised appearance.
- Updated "Tube" scanner is again compatible to YouTube.
- Count of found scanner objects wasn't always correct.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.5.1 | Release Date: 2013-08-21 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5.1
This release updates the "MacUpdate" and "Twitter" plugins and fixes a few bugs and glitches. This update is recommended for all users.
- Plugins updated: "Apple > MacUpdate", "Social Networking > Twitter" (requires at least OS X 10.8, 64-bit mode, and a valid Twitter account).
- Appearance of menu revised.
- Automatic repositioning of menu.
- Checking for updates on startup could freeze DEVONagent Express, e.g. when the server was unresponsive.
- Minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.3 | Release Date: 2012-08-28 | Download
What's New in Version 3.3
This maintenance release adds compatibility to OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion", adds sandboxing for the App Store variants, and fixes a number of minor issues.
Note: Starting with this release DEVONagent Express requires an Intel-based Mac and OS X 10.6.8 or later.
- NEW: Plugin Legal > Google Scholar searching for legal opinions and journals.
- NEW: App Store versions are sandboxed.
- Improved: Plugin Google Scholar renamed to Google Scholar (Articles).
- Improved: Search set Marketing updated.
- Improved: Google plugins updated and simplified.
- Improved: Tube scanner.
- Improved: Support for Google plugins, e.g. caching of previews.
- Improved: Plugin Discussion Lists > Usenet Groups for reliability in Agent mode.
- Improved: Handling of URLs containing pseudo-anchors.
- Improved: French localization.
- Improved: Compatibility to Text Expander.
- Improved: High-resolution application icon for Retina displays.
- Improved: 64 bit support.
- Improved: Compatibility to OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
- Improved: Overall performance and memory management.
- Fixed: Localization issues in Support Assistant.
- Fixed: Dates older than Jan 1, 2001 were not used.
- Fixed: Further minor bugs and issues.
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2012-05-18 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
This maintenance release updates a number of plugins, improves the help integration, and fixes a number of minor issues. This update also adds a new Welcome Assistant.
- NEW: Welcome Assistant is displayed after launching the application for the first time. Also accessible via Help > Welcome.
- Improved: Retrieval of titles and descriptions for links, e.g. for the results of the Facebook Profiles plugin.
- Improved: Updated plugins: Medical > PubMed, Images & Videos > Webshots, and Images & Videos > Picsearch.
- Improved: Updated Tube scanner.
- Improved: Animated frame changes of tooltip of menu extra results.
- Improved: Plugin Patents > Google Patents Search updated.
- Improved: Help integration.
- Improved: Overall performance and stability.
- Fixed: Rare issue of search engine returning too many results in case of complex queries.
- Fixed: Cursor is now an arrow instead of an I-beam over popup and clear buttons of search fields.
- Version 3.1.2 | Release Date: 2012-03-01 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1.2
This update is a maintenance update that brings support for Google Chrome bookmarks, can generate preview thumbnails via Thumbshots.com, opens the menu extra also in OS X 10.7 Lion's fullscreen mode (via the hotkey), and fixes a number of minor bugs and glitches.
- NEW: Support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
- NEW: The menu can be shown in OS X 10.7 Lion's fullscreen mode by pressing the hotkey.
- NEW: Thumbnails can alternatively be generated via Thumbshots.com (faster but lower quality). [Read more...]
- Improved: Marketing default search set.
- Improved: Thumbnail Gallery scanner.
- Improved: Updated References > SEC plugin.
- Improved: French localization.
- Improved: About and splash panels.
- Fixed: Action menu font.
- Fixed: Minor interface glitches.
- Version 3.1.1 | Release Date: 2011-12-13 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- NEW: Search fields support also keywords and names of plugins as well as names of search sets followed by a colon, e.g. "google:term" or "marketing:apple", to easily switch the current plugin/search set.
- Improved: DEVONtech Forum, Googlism, PubMed, Twitter, and Wiktionary plugins updated.
- Improved: Wallpaper, Thumbnail Gallery, and Tubes scanners.
- Improved: Filtering of links to login pages or social bookmarking.
- Improved: Tooltips of popup menus of search fields include keywords, too.
- Improved: Links updated for new DEVONtechnologies website.
- Fixed: Various glitches of Preferences, Menu Extra tab.
- Fixed: Memory leak of Wallpaper scanner.
- Fixed: Various other minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2011-11-23 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1
- NEW: Several additional symbols ($€£¥%§) are now supported for searching for price or legal information.
- Improved: More reliable Webcam, Embedded Multimedia, Thumbnail Gallery, and Wallpaper scanners.
- Improved: Marketing and Apple (Feeds) search sets.
- Improved: Embedded Multimedia and Linked Video scanners recognize .f4v files.
- Improved: Thumbnail Gallery scanner.
- Improved: DEVONtech Forum plugin.
- Improved: Advertising filter.
- Improved: Similar Pages filters now only pages without any additional, unique objects if a scanner is selected.
- Improved: Filtering of links to cached pages.
- Improved: Higher quality of icon previews for Facebook profiles.
- Improved: Default settings for some search sets.
- Improved: Handling of redirect/forward patterns.
- Improved: Compatibility of RSS parser to buggy feeds.
- Improved: Handling of storages used by background processes.
- Improved: Reliability, performance, and memory management.
- Fixed: Various issues of handling of [range] wildcards.
- Fixed: Embedded Multimedia scanner is again compatible to YouTube.
- Fixed: Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Version 3.0.4 | Release Date: 2011-11-03 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 3.0.4" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 3.0.4
<p>New:<br />- Results support selecting by entering the first characters of the name of a result.<br />- Query terms support now words separated by hyphens. E.g. e-mail is identical to (email OR "e mail") and therefore matches email, e-mail, or e mail.<br /><br />Improved:<br />- Images plugin, Twitter completely rewritten.<br />- Multimedia, Webcam, and Thumbnail Gallery scanners.<br />- Macintosh News, Marketing, and New Software search sets.<br />- Very small icon previews are scaled up to the desired size in expansion tooltips.<br />- Handling of thumbnails, titles, summaries, and links returned by Yahoo.<br />- 64 bit support.<br /><br />Fixed:<br />- Icon previews of expansion tooltips were not automatically updated.<br />- Workaround added to anchor/fragment handling for Twitter.<br />- Toggling Show Text Summary In Menu via the action menu didn't immediately update the menu.<br />- Minor user interface glitches.<br /><br />Removed:<br />- Obsolete Google Directory plugin.</p>
Licence: Commercial with demo