- Version 3.3 | Release Date: 2013-10-22 | Download
What's New in Version 3.3
- Added support for the preferences subsystem of OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Resolved a problem where the domain overview window might not have included all preference domains of sandbox-protected applications directly after launch.
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2013-08-20 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
- The user guidance when working with protected files or files on a read-only disk has been enhanced.
- The reference manual has been revised and uses a new design.
- Fixed a problem where PrefEdit App could not decode binary data in XML-based property list files correctly.
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2013-06-25 | Download
What's New in Version 3.0
- The application and its user interface have been revised completely. Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 or later is now needed for operation.
- Due to changes in the architecture of the preferences subsystem of OS X, the differentiation between access to user defaults (preferences) and access to property list files had to be given up.
- Accessing preference settings of applications protected by the OS X application sandbox is now fully supported.
- Support for work without Save and the feature âVersionsâ has been added.
- The application can now process external modifications to preference domains or property lists live.
- Property list files can now be edited either in sorted form or by keeping the internal order of their XML representation.
- It is now possible to sort preferences or data items of type dictionary by alphabetical order of their keys.
- Copy / Paste is now supported in unlimited fashion for all components of property lists or preference settings.
- Drag and Drop is now supported in unlimited fashion within files or between different files.
- The application now explicitly differentiates between values of type integer number and real number.
- Search operations for keys and values in the entire preferences database have been accelerated significantly.
- The view on the preferences search path and on the different scope of user defaults has been changed. The correlations to the files' storage locations are now emphasized more strongly. Overridden, ineffective settings in the search path are no longer visualized for easier understanding.
- The license agreement for the App edition of PrefEdit has changed: For private, non-commercial users, the site license (use by an unlimited number of persons at a site) has been replaced by a single-user-multi-machine license (use by a single person on all her own computers). There are no changes for non-private users.
- Version 2.4 | Release Date: 2012-02-11 | Download
What's New in Version 2.4
- Adds support for the Resume feature of Mac OS X Lion.
- The preference domain inspector and the preference manifest setting inspector are now shown in head-up display style.
- Corrected a compatibility issue with Lion where the domain overview window was additionally opened when the user opened one or more documents.
- Corrected a compatibility issue when saving certain types of property list documents that contained an ampersand (&) character.
- Version 2.3 | Release Date: 2012-01-08 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 2.3" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 2.3
<p>- Added basic compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.<br />- Added a new menu item to quickly reach the search field of the domain overview window.</p>
Licence: Commercial with demo