- Version 2.0.5 | Release Date: 2013-12-03 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Fixes issue with crashing on database upgrade.
Fixes issue with double escaped URL's.
Fixes issues with a few buttons not behaving as they should in and out of fullscreen.
Fixes issue with double click not working.
General performance enhancements.
Added better sync progress indicator ( now is actually a progress bar ).
- Version 2.0.4 | Release Date: 2013-11-10 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Whats been fixed:
- Starred items not saving has been fixed
- Sending to Evernote has been fixed
- Sending to Twitter has been fixed
- Various small memory leaks have been fixed
- Launch speed has been reduced dramatically ( generally for people with very large databases )
- Various crashes have been fixed ( such as Unsubscribe )
- Various drawing issues fixed ( retina display issues )
- Fixed popover animation stuttering
- Issues with video's not appearing / loading / being to small have been fixed within the article
- Fixed a lot of issues with 10.9 Mavericks
- Memory usage has been greatly improved
- Significant performance increase ( will happily handle 50k items without a sweat )
- Much improved character / encoding detection for non UTF-8 character sets
- Much improved multi display support
- Subscription finding / parser has been improved
- Energy consumption has been vastly improved
- Much better searching and matching
- Brand new "Today" list
- "Starred" now displays unread counts
- Now happily works on OSX 10.9 Mavericks
- Implements AppNap ( and similar for systems - Can now auto mark as read depending on a day count you set ( see Preferences )
- Will now notify you about slow connections and prompt you about what to do with them
- Help popovers for preferences
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2013-08-21 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.3
** Please note, I do recommend backing up your subscriptions before doing this update, via: Subscriptions -> Export, just incase **
2.0.2/2.0.3 contains a huge update to the inner workings of the application, although not alot of visual changes or features have been added, a huge amount of effort has gone into creating a superior, more robust feed parsing engine as-well as performance.
Added support for authenticated feeds ( HTTP auth ) - huzzah!
Added preference to be able to centre the selected item in the article list
Added preference to be able to select only subscriptions and not groups when using the next unread shortcuts
Added preference to limit the internal cache size
Added preference against subscriptions to allow force enabling of readability
Added ability to save an image directly to downloads
Added preference to enable RTL per subscription
Added preference to disable mark as read on selection
This version contains a new way of keeping track of read and unread items, due to this change, there may be overlapping of items you may have read before being marked as unread ( these would generally be old items that were discarded ). What this will do, is cure issues with subscriptions that have no dates for items and subscriptions that update there feeds in a non chronological order.
Much better right to left language support / auto-detection
Improvements to search Performance increases
Improved RDF support
Improved overall support for ATOM / RSS / RDF
Uses much less memory when using large databases
Caffeinated now creates regular backups of your subscriptions
Fixed issue with menubar not showing
Fixed various submitted crashes
Fixed majority of issues ( that I know of ) with feeds not being detected
Fixed issue with finding a subscription that doesn't have a title which then caused a crash
Fixed crash with importing an OPML / XML file that doesnt have a "title" attribute on the groups element
Fixed Twitter not posting ( due to Twitter 1.1 API changes )
Fixed issue with overlapping text in the article list when using mix and match of various sizes and heights Fixed issue where some thumbnails were not appearing
Fixed issue with not being able to select an article without having to manually select a different item from the left hand list first
Fixed random hang issue
Fixed various formatting issues
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2013-06-28 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0
** Before updating to this version, please export your current subscription from the Subscriptions menu item within 1.3.3's menu bar ( or via Google Reader ), as 2.0 allows you to import your subscriptions back in, or read: http://support.caffeinatedapp.com/kb/documentation/july-1st-google-reader-shutdown **
- Super fast RSS / Atom parsing engine which learns on the fly which subscriptions are more active then others to give you content from those quicker
- Newer improved / fresher user interface, get at what you want quicker and easier
- Incredible performance, 2.0 has been tweaked and tested to provide the best experience when working with large amounts of items and subscriptions
- Brand new icon, which looks beautiful in your dock and within the application
- Article list now shows thumbnails
- Extra buttons have been put in place, you can now see, all items, unread and starred per folder and subscription
- You can click the group header with in the article list to scroll back to the top
- Mark as read whilst scrolling
Whats been improved:
- Performance has been improved massively
- Notifications are now quicker and displaying
- Reorganising subscriptions is now faster
- User interface when scrolling is now more responsive
- Memory footprint is now less
- CPU usage is now less
- Importing and exporting is now lighting fast
- Much better offline support
- Much better support for foreign characters
Whats been fixed:
- Various crashes and bugs have been killed
- Buffer sharing service crash has been fixed
- Sending via the share service of Messages crash has been fixed
- Much quicker launch speed
- Notifications now correctly remove themselves from notification centre if you mark its associated item as read
- Version 1.3.3 | Release Date: 2013-06-26 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3.3
Can now import and export subscriptions, huzzah!.
Completely new subscription adding system - also you can specify what folder the subscription should be added to when adding a subscription.
Added Messages as a service.
Added ability to change status item to a menu instead of toggling the window.
Much faster launch speed, generally whole application is now speedier.
Added a new theme "Sleek" from a user called "BjÃ¶rn Granberg".
Added "Save Image As..." into the context menu within the article view.
Ordering by subscription will now take sort by whatever your custom sort order is for subscriptions.
Subscription list now is more beautiful and functional, more spacious and easier to drag things around.
Fullscreen issues is now fixed when entering fullscreen with dock icon being disabled
Item list view is now even more efficient and speedier.
Logout system has changed, you must logout and restart the application in order to fully logout.
Slight CSS tweaks within the themes to make them more responsive.
Marking multiple items with a count greater then 30 will now warn you and ask you what to do.
Removed pull for next article.
Removed subscription finding until Google allow the correct OAuth scope's for it.
Services now load asynchronously for extra speed on startup.
Alot of work has been made to make the scrolling when dragging / selecting and reloading less spontaneous.
Evernote and Reading List services both now run in the background.
Fixed issue with crashing on launch when you dont actually have any subscriptions and you have starred items without being subscribed to those subscriptions anymore.
Fixed issue with application randomly deciding to crash at launch to do with loading services.
Dates regarding 2013 are now fixed.
Issue with saving to Evernote is now fixed, along with the content issue.
Buffer plugin crashing is now fixed.
Animation lag / oddities with popovers are now fixed. Should be alot smoother now.
Fixed foreign character bug ( problem with artefacts of umlauts being left over ).
Various other crashing related bugs have been fixed.
Crashed related to dragging within the subscription list are now fixed.
Unread counts are now fixed, was completely redone and now even faster.
Fixed issues with multi window shadows applying to the preference window.
Fixed issue to do with syncing where unread items would come in whilst read items were being synced back to Google causing oddities.
As far as I can tell, all syncing issue related bugs are fixed, huzzah!
Various memory leaks fixed.
Fixed issue with theme not redisplaying when being changed.
Fixed crash at launch when there is no net connection.
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2012-08-12 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3
Added customisable toolbar ( can add and remove services from it via the prefs )
Enhanced / Added support for Retina displays ( still a few icons left to make Retina ready )
Added ability to use Notification Center on 10.8 ( can still use Growl if you wish )
Added support for certain services to also be able to use the build in 10.8 share services if wanted ( Twitter, email, Facebook ( if installed ) )
Added Delicious service
Added Pinboard service
Added ability to rename subscriptions
Added ability to rename folders
Added ability to multi select items and mark as read / unread / starred and unstarred ( use cmd or shift / both )
Added ability to not hide the subscriptions list when using the in app browser ( check prefs -> article )
Added a services menu to the applications menu
Added slight blur under the group headers in the list view
Added scrolling text for the applications bar when viewing a website - will now scroll instead of truncating
Added basic print functionality
Added ability to change amount of lines displayed in the item list
Added ability to exclude certain subscriptions from notifications
Much improved list view scrolling - now silky smooth
Added "Show in Finder" button within the themes preferences
Much better offline support
Mousing over links will now show the link in the titlebar
Sidebar icons are much improved
Send to menu sort has changed to be easier to read
Fixed issue with starred items not showing up
Fixed various other bugs and crashes
Fixed issue with legacy scrollers on Lion and dragging in the web view scrollers
Fixed various crashes on various OS's
Fixed issue with sync'ing regardless of manual refresh being selected
Fixed issue with services not working correctly when sending via the drop down menu above the article
( hopefully fixed the start at login issue )
Various UI tweaks
Various Syncing improvements - faster and prioritises unread first
Improved image caching
Selection in the subscription list will no longer go under the top overlaying list
Marking as read / previous as read now takes into consideration the hierarchy that you are in
Upgraded to the new Growl framework
Will now fetch retina icons for subscriptions if they exist
Loads of other stuff that I cant remember...!
- Version 1.2.2 | Release Date: 2012-05-19 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Fixed issue to do with crashing when the app is deleting read items on 10.6
Fixed issue to do with scrollbar still visible when hiding subscription list when using legacy scrollers
Fixed issue to do with deselecting items
Fixed issue with items having future dates
Fixed issue with random crashes to do with caching images
Fixed issue with not all unread items merging when the unread item is selected ( fixes issue across all left hand items )
Massive speed improvement when selecting items from the left hand side also when items merge into view / when you reorder the items
Renamed Read It Later to Pocket
Few style changes to the Minimal theme and links
You can now CMD click to open a link in your default browser
Various other tweaks here and there
Caffeinated now uses a user agent of a version of WebKit so font-face should work on various sites
- Version 1.2.1 | Release Date: 2012-05-08 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Various fixes for 10.6 and 10.7
Fixed crash on launch on 10.6
Fixed known crashes
Added "Caffeinated" menu item under "Window" menu in the menu bar
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2012-04-25 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2
Better in app browser - can go back and forward etc
Added Google+ to sharing options
Added ability to share any link not just the items
Added ability to hide subscription list
Added another image caching option ( see preferences -> article )
Added ability to copy image and image address
Share menu above article now takes obeys what url you are on
Faster list changing
Various crash and bug fixes
- Version 1.1.2 | Release Date: 2012-04-05 | Download
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Added a new theme "Minimal"
Caffeinated now implements a few syncing things requested from Google - this includes less API calls and removed 1 minute refresh option ( lowest us 5 ), defaults to 30 minutes.
Fixed issue where items would not merge within the list.
Fixed various crashes.
Much better at finding favicons
Various syncing changes - fixes.
- Version 1.1.1 | Release Date: 2012-03-20 | Download
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Added API throttling option to put ease on the CPU ( check preferences, this is turned on by default for users on MacBooks )
Added preference for starred items sync dates - check preferences
Fixed issue with shortcuts and overriding default keyboard functionality
Fixed various crashes
Fixed starred items not appearing if they are from a subscription that is unsubscribed
Fixed item's deselecting themselves on sync
Fixed ordering of items ( you still may have to click view -> sort items by date descending )
Fixed various sync issues and refreshing
Fixed various issues with counts
Themes now don't have to have a default.html, if it does not exist, it will use the build in one for consistancy.
Updated theme default badge to be more modern
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2012-03-08 | Download
What's New in Version 1.1
Brand new icon
Added refresh / sync button - check preferences
Added mark all as read button - check preferences
Added menu bar item - check preferences
Added ability to remove read items locally on sync
Added ability to remove read items from the list on sync
Readability now uses encoding specified from the website - if the incorrect encoding is served then I cannot help that
Syncing is now crazy fast compared to last version also changed how sync works - check preferences
Overal performance increase
Fixed issue with not syncing after waking up or a long period of time
Fixed unsubscribe crash
Fixed subscribe crash
Fixed random crashing
Fixed issue with spacebar not scrolling correctly on last item
Fixed issue with website fonts being small
Fixed issue with scrollbars overlaying their content when they shouldn't
Fixed issue with plugins enabling themselves / not obeying preferences
Fixed issue with folders disappearing after you add them
Fixed issue with subscriptions list randomly scrolling
Removed alert that shows when cannot connect to Google
Changed a few small icons to tie in with the rest of OS X.
Changed default theme's default font to Helvetica
Added ability to set larger font and larger line height to default theme
Various other bugs and enhancements
- Version 1.0.2 | Release Date: 2012-03-03 | Download
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Fixed various issues causing the app to crash on 10.6, please note: if you're on 10.6 please remove the /Library/Application Support/Caffeinated folder before launching this version!!
Fixed preferences not showing up and build version of plugins not being correct, also issues causing search to not work correctly.
Fixed various crashes across all versions of 10.6 and 10.7.
Fixed issue with readability crashing.
Increased default font size for websites.
Themes and plugins files will now open in the app when opened from within finder.
Subscriptions will now refresh without having to restart the application.
The alert when waking from sleep is now suppressed for 8 seconds, if no net connection is found after that time period it will show.
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2012-02-25 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 1.0.1" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 1.0.1
<p>Fixing bug causing posting to Facebook to crash.</p>
Licence: Commercial with demo