- Version 4.x | Release Date: 2015-03-10 | Download
Most recent update, entirely new interface, support for Yosemite.
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2010-04-24 | Download
- Monitors the overall health of your drive, alerting you to possible issues before they become major problems.
- Runs as a 64-bit application on Mac OS 10.6 or later with a compatible 64-bit processor.
- Provides even better defragmentation of your files and even more fragmentation information in a new user interface.
- Support for hardware RAID and Apple's software RAID.
- Add, delete, hide, expand or shrink OS X partitions so you can organize your drive more efficiently.
- Realtime bad-block scanning and an extended block verification that stress tests the read/write validity.
- E-mail notifications can be sent when long-running tasks complete and you are away from your computer.
- Version 2.2.1 | Release Date: 2009-08-28 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2009-07-29 | Download
- Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" support.
- Where possible, Drive Genius now works with non-HFS volumes.
- Volume duplication gains verification and bad block support (as whole-drive duplication did in 2.1.1).
- Defrag, Scan and Volume Shift/Move now display the estimated remaining time to completion.
- Scan includes a detailed log of any bad blocks found.
- Increased Repartition performance.
- Bug Fix: Defrag once again works with HFS+ volumes containing Mac OS 9 drivers (after volume conversion).
- Bug Fix: Volumes can be resized to larger than 1TB now.
- Bug Fix: When duplicating a volume, the progress sizes are displayed correctly.
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2009-04-23 | Download
- Enhanced Duplicate tool has an option to verify the destination of whole-drive copies. In addition, source bad blocks can be skipped if found during a whole-drive copy.
- Increased performance and reliability of Defrag.
- Bug Fix: spurious "test aborted by disk" S.M.A.R.T. warnings in 10.5.x
- Bug Fix: after shredding a volume, a new volume would always be created as "Untitled" instead of using the previous volume name.
- Bug Fix: the tooltip displayed for duplicate files in DriveSlimâ¢ contained an invalid path to the original file when displaying results from the boot volume.
- Bug Fix: crash during launch if information about installed languages could not be obtained (10.4.x/PPC only).
- Bug Fix: Adobe and Microsoft application updates would fail if language bundles were removed or their binaries trimmed; these are now excluded from the DriveSlimâ¢search results.
- Other bug fixes.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2008-09-24 | Download
- Brand new DriveSlim tool that intelligently finds and frees space on your volumes that is redundant or unused.
- Enhanced Shred tool that now shreds individual files or complete folder hierarchies as well as volumes and disks. In addition, there is now a single-pass zero option.
- Enhanced Repair tool that finds corrupted preference files and performs additional volume repair and rebuild actions.
- Enhanced S.M.A.R.T. reporting if an error is detected (via the Information tool).
- Many more enhancements.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-06-02 | Download
If you currently own Drive Genius 2, you qualify for a free DVD of this new version. Details may be found at www.prosoftengineering.com
* All drive operations are re-enabled on systems running OS X 10.5.3 or later.
* New OS X 10.5.3 (Leopard) based boot DVD.
* Increased Shred performance.
* Bug Fix: Spurious "HFS volume could not be created" warning after shredding a disk listed in the "Devices" tab.
* Bug Fix: Never ending unmount warnings in Sector Edit if the volume failed to unmount.
* Bug Fix: Increased font size of contextual help.
* Bug Fix: Text for two or more icons in the main menu could be shown at the same time.
* Bug Fix: Rare crash in Defrag (Intel only).
- Version 1.5.1 | Release Date: 2006-11-22 | Download
- Universal application that runs native on PowerPC and Intel computers.
- Redesigned and performance enhanced GUI.
- GUID partition support (10.4 only).
- 10.4.5 boot CDs and/or 10.4.7 boot DVD.
- 10.2.x and 10.3.0-10.3.8 are no longer supported. 10.3.9 or later is required.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2006-08-24 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo