- Version 10.4.1 | Release Date: 2011-12-14 | Download
- Version 10.4.1:
Please note that the system requirements have changed!
- Spell Catcher X 10.4.1 requires Mac OS X 10.5 and later, running on Intel Macintosh hardware.
- PowerPC Macintosh users running Mac OS X 10.5 must continue to use Spell Catcher X 10.4.
- New Cancel Last Expansion command in Spell Catcher’s Input menu. This will delete any text entered since the most recent shorthand expansion or completion. In most applications, this is generally equivalent to choosing Edit > Undo. There are some applications, however, where the Undo command may work differently—undoing more than you might want. The Cancel Last Expansion command is useful in such applications, particularly when you type an abbreviation that you didn’t mean to.
- New Special Key for use in shorthand expansions to explicitly specify the final position of the insertion point (Insert pop-up > Special Key > Position Cursor Here).
- Ability to show and sort by Date Modified in Shorthand Glossary document windows. Control-click the table column header to see a shortcut menu to set the visibility of the columns. It’s now possible to hide the Expansion column, as the Expansion is always visible in the text area on the right side of the window.
- Spell Catcher’s input method application (64-bit capable) makes use of new-in-Lion input method functionality. The most noticeable will be improved performance of DirectCorrect in many applications.
- The Spell Catcher application now “opts-out” of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion’s “Reopen windows when logging back in” feature. This means that the Spell Catcher application will only open (at login) when required by its input method, or by the Mac OS X system-wide spelling checker.
- The Spell Catcher application now supports Mac OS X 10.7 Mac OS X 10.7 Lion’s suspend/resume functionality for the Preferences, Find in References, Check Word, and Edit Macro windows.
- Improvements to Spell Catcher > Get Updates and Languages window, adding a pane to display a full, styled text description of the selected update.
Full release notes can be found at http://www.rainmakerinc.com/products/spellcatcherx/whatsnew10_4.html.
- Version 10.4 | Release Date: 2011-06-08 | Download
The Spell Catcher X 10.4 Upgrade is free for those that purchased Spell Catcher X on or after May 1, 2010. Otherwise, the upgrade costs $14.95 USD for Spell Catcher X 10.2 and 10.3 ("X102" license code) owners, and $19.95 USD for those that own an earlier version of Spell Catcher X ("SCX" license codes).
- Spell Catcher X version 10.4 adds MobileMe Syncing of Reference documents and Modify Selection Macros.
- Ability to create and use Styled Text shorthand expansions (requires Mac OS X 10.6).
- It's now possible to "nest" shorthands â in other words, define shorthand expansions that include other shorthands.
- Styled Text shorthand expansions will expand with styles when chosen from the input method's Completion pop-up window.
- Added the ability to define "numeric unit" shorthands.
- Major linguistics upgrade - both the software and language plug-ins.
- Many user interface modernizations, improvements and enhancements. Almost every element of the software has been updated.
- Spell Catcher's "helper" applications all run in 64-bit mode (on supporting systems).
Full release notes can be found at http://www.rainmakerinc.com/products/spellcatcherx/whatsnew10_4.html.
- Version 10.3.7 | Release Date: 2010-12-22 | Download
- Spell Catcher X version 10.3.7 includes a Quick Look generator, supporting previews of Learned Words, Omitted Words, Shorthand Glossary, Dictionary Server, and Modify Selection Macro documents.
- Better handling of soft hyphen characters (Unicode SOFT HYPHEN U+00AD) during Spell Checking.
- Improved compatibility with Spell Catcher's input methods and Google Chrome.
- Fixes a potential crash bug when editing shorthand expansions (exactly) 64 characters long.
- Fixes a problem where some multi-line shorthand expansions (primarily those imported from TypeIt4Me and TextExpander files) wouldn't expand properly during interactive checking.
- Worked around a Mac OS X bug, where input methods residing in (top-level) /Library/Input Methods or /Library/Components could disappear from the list of input sources in Language & Text System Preferences, after Spell Catcher installed or updated its input method(s).
- Version 10.3.6 | Release Date: 2010-06-15 | Download
- Worked around a bug in the version of WebKit.framework that gets installed along with Safari 5.0 that caused Spell Catcher's Look Up window to crash.
- Fixed a bug introduced in Spell Catcher X 10.3.5 where function keys without modifiers could not be set as keyboard shortcuts.
- Version 10.3.5 | Release Date: 2010-06-02 | Download
- Improved compatibility with the input methods in specific applications.
- Support Multi-Touch gestures in the Look Up and Check Selection windows.
- New General and Language preferences, allowing more control over Mac OS X system-wide integration.
- Fixed positioning of the various pop-up windows shown by the input methods, when multiple monitors are used.
- Fixed behavior of the Suggest Spelling Window in the input method application when it becomes the âkeyâ window (the destination for keystrokes).
- New shortcut (control-click) menus, improved implementation of all shortcut menus.
View all that's new in Spell Catcher X 10.3.5 here:
- Version 10.3.3 | Release Date: 2010-01-13 | Download
Spell Catcher X version 10.3.3 adds 64-bit support on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), updated linguistics and language plug-ins, a number of new features and changes, along with some bug fixes.
View the complete list of changes here:
- New input method application, for compatibility with both 64-bit and 32-bit applications on Snow Leopard.
- New German localization.
- Autosaving of reference documents.
- New speech alerts features.
- New preference to indicate whether interactive checking is on or off in the Dock icon.
- Added ability to reset Universal preferences to their out-of-the-box defaults.
- Added import of TypeIt4Me version 4.x files.
- Added import of TextExpander files.
- Updated linguistics, including both code improvements and new and updated language plugins.
- DirectCorrect is now compatible with iWork '09 applications, Nisus Writer Express and Nisus Writer Pro.
- Spotlight plugin now built as 32/64 bit universal.
- Version 10.3.2 | Release Date: 2008-12-20 | Download
Spell Catcher X version 10.3.2 is a free maintenance update to Spell Catcher X 10.3. Spell Catcher X 10.3.2 includes updated language plug-ins, important bug fixes, and is recommended for all Spell Catcher X 10.3 and 10.3.1 users.
- Version 10.3.1 | Release Date: 2008-10-24 | Download
Spell Catcher X version 10.3.1 is a free maintenance update to Spell Catcher X 10.3, and recommended for all Spell Catcher X 10.3 users. To really find out what’s new, see the changes for Spell Catcher X version 10.3.
- Spell Catcher’s Help Book now opens correctly on Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger).
- Fixed crash with Interactive/Typing preference “Make replacements directly (without backspacing) where possible” in certain applications on Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger).
- Setting the font in the Look Up window now works as expected.
- Interactive/Spelling preference “Suppress tab, return and enter before automatically showing suggestions” no longer suppresses if not automatically showing suggestions.
- Spelling/Suggestions preference “Automatically select the first suggestion for all types of errors” properly sets the default button (usually to Replace) in the Suggest Spelling window.
- Spell Catcher Preferences, Shortcuts: Allow function keys (F1, F2, etc.) to be used as shortcuts without modifiers.
- In some situations, clicking a control that modified a document’s appearance without modifying its text, would not update errors highlighted via DirectCorrect—for example, clicking an alignment button in a TextEdit document’s ruler.
- Work around text input (from input methods) bug in Microsoft Word 2008, allowing shorthand glossary expansions containing tab characters to expand properly.
- Minor Help Book modifications.
- Version Spell Catcher X 10.3 | Release Date: 2008-10-07 | Download
Spell Catcher X 10.3 is a major upgrade, including many new features and enhancements:
- Spell Catcher X 10.3 introduces DirectCorrect™, an entirely new way to check and correct your documents. DirectCorrect allows users to work in a flexible manner: check and fix interactively as errors appear, or continue working and fix all errors when it is most convenient. DirectCorrect leverages advanced Mac OS X text and accessibility technology to provide virtually instantaneous display of errors.
- Spell Catcher X 10.3 incorporates a major upgrade to its linguistic software and dictionaries, giving vastly improved spelling suggestions, and a larger vocabulary, as a result of new and upgraded spelling dictionaries.
- Spell Catcher X 10.3 now includes a French localization.
- Spell Catcher’s input method now has input modes–Roman, Cyrillic and Unicode.
- Russian spell checking is now available via a new Russian language plug-in (purchased separately).
- Completely re-designed error alerts and customized date/time shorthand expansion preferences.
- All reference document windows have been re-written, offering improved editing, undo, and suffix control when editing Learned Words.
- The Check Selection, Look Up, Find in References, and Check Word features have been modernized–both the user interface and functionality.
- Most of Spell Catcher X’s preference panes can now be resized.
- Uses new Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) features for easier input method installation, and for direct interaction with the Input menu from within Spell Catcher X itself.
- Automatic update checking.
- Literally hundreds of other improvements, in every area of the program. No feature has gone “untouched.” In fact, a great deal of Spell Catcher X 10.3’s internals were re-written completely.
See everything that’s new in version 10.3:
Read the official press release:
The upgrade to Spell Catcher X 10.3 is free for those that purchased Spell Catcher X on or after September 1, 2007. Otherwise, the upgrade costs $14.95 USD for Spell Catcher X 10.2 (“X102” license codes) owners, and $19.95 USD for those that own an earlier version of Spell Catcher X (“SCX” license codes that have never been upgraded).
- Version 10.2.3 | Release Date: 2006-11-23 | Download
This is a free update for Spell Catcher X 10.2, 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 owners, your existing "X102" license will be used as-is.
Spell Catcher X 10.2.3 is primarily a maintenance and bug fix release, but does include a number of new features and enhancements. In brief, they are:
â¢ Three new interactive checking-related preferences - enhancements for spelling, completion and automatic changes.
â¢ New error alert preference.
â¢ Quick duplication of shorthands when editing Shorthand Glossary documents.
â¢ New behavior for the Speak button, making the feature actually useful.
â¢ Improved Spotlight Plug-in understands more kinds of Spell Catcher X documents.
â¢ Improvements to editing Dictionary Server documents.
â¢ Enhancements and fixes to AppleScript support.
â¢ Updated British English, French, Canadian French and Canadian English language plug-ins.
â¢ Improved compatibility with WebView, various mozilla.org applications, AppleWorks 6, and some Java apps.
â¢ Fixed: Long-standing, intermittent, "No text was found in the pasteboard" alerts when using Check Selection and other selection-based commands.
â¢ Numerous other enhancements, improvements and fixes throughout the entire product...
A complete list of changes in Spell Catcher X 10.2.3 is available at http://www.rainmakerinc.com/products/spellcatcherx/whatsnew10_2_3.html.
- Version 10.2.2 | Release Date: 2006-07-12 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo