- Version 2.1.5 | Release Date: 2016-08-31 | Download
This new version fixes some problems with conversion of .doc, .docx, and .odt files, an issue with Word documents sometimes opening with incorrect or duplicated list item bullets, a problem with autosaving duplicate backups, and resolves an issue with copy-paste from Apple’s Photos app.
The complete list of fixes can be found on the Nisus Writer Pro release notes page.
- Version 2.1.2 | Release Date: 2015-10-09 | Download
*Restores the preference that controls how often autosave is triggered.
*Improved import/export of DOCX and DOC documents
*The ability to import documents from Apple Pages '09 and older.
*Bugs and increases stability.
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2015-04-23 | Download
*Added support for Mac OS X autosave, where changes to all opens documents are saved regularly.
*Added support for Mac OS X document versioning, where a user can browse and revert to older versions of any document.
*Added support for iCloud.
*Nisus Writer Pro is now 64-bit.
*Other bug fixes, improvements, and macro language enhancements.
- Version 2.0.7 | Release Date: 2013-12-02 | Download
*Fixed: when running on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), could crash in certain circumstances.
*Fixed: lang: improved automatic hyphenation for non-English languages.
*Fixed: soft hyphens now transfer from Nisus Writer to Word properly.
*Fixed: lang: when running on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), could be very slow to show the list of languages.
*Fixed: images: editing an equation externally (eg: in MathType) now refreshes image correctly.
*Other bug fixes, stability improvements, and macro language enhancements.
- Version 2.0.6 | Release Date: 2013-10-03 | Download
Improved stability by addressing several bugs that could cause crashes in certain situations.
Fixed: lists: should be able to set list starting number for a single paragraph in the document text, ie: override starting list number enforced by styles.
Fixed: deleting some text should persist the formatting of that text in the typing attributes, eg: text typed just afterwards should have the same attributes.
Fixed: import: documents with certain configurations of floating content could fail to import.
Added: palettes: holding down the Command key when clicking a palette stepper's up/down arrows will restore the old behavior, where the first shown value is applied uniformly to the entire selection, instead of adjusting all selected values independently.
Fixed: palettes: using a palette stepper's down arrow should affect all selected values, even if the first selected value is at zero.
Other fixes and optimizations
- Version 2.0.5 | Release Date: 2013-09-11 | Download
- Fixed: import: DOC/DOCX file importer can fail for some users.
- Changed: import: improved import of DOC/DOCX files.
- Added: when inserting a link to a file/image, user can now choose a variety of different linking methods, including aliases that will still resolve if the target is moved or renamed.
- Fixed: when launched opening an existing document, could incorrectly create a new blank document as well.
- Fixed: shapes: floating shapes anchored in headers/footers can behave erratically.
- Fixed: index: fixed a variety of issues related to indexing. When affected files are first opened in this version a warning may be displayed; once the generated index is rebuilt and the file saved, the errors should be gone.
- Fixed: EPUB: EPUBs exported using Nisus Writer could produce some validation errors if they contained multiple chapters or used page breaks.
- Fixed: EPUB: exporting a document with no items marked in the root TOC (level 1) as an EPUB would produce a file that many EPUB readers would not open at all.
You can read the complete release notes online.
- Version 2.0.4 | Release Date: 2012-08-25 | Download
Fixed: print: preview in print dialog can be clipped/zoomed incorrectly.
Fixed: Apple's "Start Dictation" menu command should appear on the Edit menu (when using OSX 10.8)
Fixed: hyphenation for non-English languages wasn't always correct.
Fixed: using the Color panel can incorrectly spread colors to other content.
Fixed: clicking links to files can fail to open the file. The "Show Linked File in Finder" command could also fail.
Fixed: Nisus Writer can fail to launch for some users if certain fonts provide incomplete information.
Fixed: export: exporting an EPUB with special characters in TOC/Chapter names can fail to export all content from the document.
Fixed: right-clicking the style list in stylesheet view can crash/hang on OSX 10.8.
Fixed: the font size can fail to change in a document that has a Normal style whose font size is not 12pt.
Fixed: toc: possible hang when copy-pasting certain multipart selections with applied TOCs.
Fixed: using the color panel to change the color of a style's paragraph border/edge is awkward because the panel reverts to black.
Fixed: redisplay flickers ungracefully when zooming in/out Draft View.
Fixed: if the entire document is selected, should not autoscroll after making a formatting change.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2012-07-31 | Download
Requires Mac OSX 10.6.6.
Nisus Writer Pro is now signed using an Apple Developer ID, so it runs under Gatekeeper (OSX 10.8).
Improved hyphenation for many non-English languages (including Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and more).
Fixed: Splash screen can incorrectly stay visible after Nisus Writer finishes launching.
Faster subsequent launches.
Fixed: A variety of issues when making a PDF/printout.
Improvements to EPUB export.
Many other changes. Please see the full release notes.
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2011-11-17 | Download
Changed: improved in-application feedback reporter (on the Help menu).
Fixed: Nisus New File can fail to load when running a non-English localization, preventing launch.
Fixed: crash that can occur on Lion when OSX probes/changes all scroll view settings. Only occurs if documents have been closed with certain types of GUI interactions.
Fixed: import: WordPerfect documents can fail to import.
Added: added Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) localization.
Plus many other changes. Please see the full release notes.
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2011-08-31 | Download
Some fixes and changes for compatibility with OSX 10.7 (Lion).
Changed: improved import of .doc/DOCX files.
Changed: when running on Lion (OSX 10.7), should use Lion's native full screen mode.
Fixed: page numbers (and other automatic numbers) can draw clipped (missing digits) in headers/footers when making a PDF/printout.
Fixed: Bookends scan/etc was broken with version 2.0 because of changed RTF output.
Many more changes in the detailed release notes
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2011-05-19 | Download
The new features in Nisus Writer Pro 2 include:
-a suite of drawing tools (shapes, lines, floating text boxes) -watermarks
-paragraph-level borders and shading
-a customizable "special characters" menu and palette,
-saved PDF files create clickable links for cross-references, page numbers in generated TOCs/Indexes, and hyperlinks
- Version 1.4.1 | Release Date: 2010-04-22 | Download
Changed: updated file importer to use OpenOffice 3.2 code. Also made available an Intel-only importer, which is faster.
Fixed: using the "Make Link" contextual menu provided by Apple should not prevent the file from being saved.
Fixed: if "ding" fonts (eg: Webdings) applied to certain kinds of text, could cause weird behavior under Leopard and later.
Fixed: notes: using tables in the endnotes area can cause Nisus Writer to hang.
Fixed: lists: certain RTF lists emitted by Apple can cause Nisus Writer to crash.
Fixed: macros: SIGPIPE raised by Perl macros should not abnormally quit Nisus Writer.
Fixed: loc: a few zoom menu percentages for non-English localizations are wrong.
Changed: Sparkle (auto-updater) can download different versions based on architecture (PPC/Intel) of user's machine.
Fixed: lang: custom languages with non-ASCII characters in their name could incorrectly split into multiple languages with fragmented names when reopening files.
Fixed: sometimes the keyboard shortcut for the "Underline" menu would not work when first reactivating Nisus Writer.
Changed: loc: some changes to the Italian localization.
Fixed: should not trigger Apple console log warnings about depreciated NSLanguage API.
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2009-10-16 | Download
Added: built-in menus for Bookends integration (under the menu Insert > Bibliography.
- Version 1.3.1 | Release Date: 2009-10-06 | Download
Fixed: Various Snow Leopard compatibility issues.
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2009-07-17 | Download
- all new Document Manager.
- style library (by way of Document Manager).
- selection history, allowing user to jump to prior editing locations.
- any menu can be turned into a toolbar item.
- can attach active document to new email message (only Mail and Entourage are supported).
- Many more enhancements.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2008-11-06 | Download
Added: TOC: can drag and drop TOC entries shown in the navigator pane to rearrange the corresponding document content.
Added: TOC: can use tab/back-tab (or indent/outdent menus) on TOC items in navigator to adjust TOC level.
Added: can edit the full set of âdocument propertiesâ (author, company, etc) as well as insert them as automatically updating smart text.
Added: can insert automatically updating date/time stamps.
Added: ruler and paragraph style changes in the document can be shown as little icons in the margin.
Changed: improved import of .doc files. Can also export to binary .doc format.
Many more fixes and enhancements.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2007-07-19 | Download
You incorrectly show the version as 3.0
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-06-27 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo