- Version 4.5 | Release Date: 2011-03-17 | Download
Release 4.5 (Build 110316)
* Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been moved to a special version of TinkerTool called TinkerTool Classic Generation 2. Users of Tiger and Leopard must upgrade to this edition instead of upgrading to the standard version of TinkerTool.
* TinkerTool can now run as native 64 bit application.
* Added preference setting for Safari 5 to control DNS prefetching.
* Added preference setting for Safari 5 to disable the caching of preview images for visited web pages.
* Enhanced compatibility with iTunes 10.2.
* Keyboard navigation within the tool has been enhanced.
* The user interface has been streamlined. The new section âApplicationsâ replaces the previous operating system dependent preference pane, bundling all settings which apply to Mac OS X applications.The former Applications pane has been renamed to âDesktopâ.
- Version 4.3 | Release Date: 2010-10-11 | Download
* This version adds support for iTunes 10.0.1. Support for the interim version iTunes 10.0 has been removed.
* Adds preference setting to disable the Ping / iTunes Store pull-down menus in iTunes 10.0.1.
* iTunes options have now moved from the operating system-specific pane to their own pane. iTunes 8 options are now additionally available to users of Leopard. iTunes 9 options are now additionally available to users of Tiger. iTunes 10 options are now additionally available to users of Leopard.
- Version 4.2 | Release Date: 2010-09-20 | Download
Release 4.2 (Build 100920)
* Added preference for Snow Leopard and iTunes 10 to use a standard window with title bar and horizontal buttons for controlling iTunes.
* Added preference for Apple Mail to prefer the plain text alternative when displaying messages.
* Added preference for the Dock of Leopard and Snow Leopard to automatically hide all other applications when using the Dock to switch to or launch an application.
* Added preference for Safari 4 and 5 to disable all RSS features.
* Changed the layout of the General pane to enhance compatibility with small screens. The Dashboard settings have moved from the General to the Applications pane.
* Changed the layout of the Snow Leopard pane to enhance compatibility with small screens.
* Enhanced compatibility with Safari 5.
* Corrected a problem where reactivation of deactivated login items was not working as expected in Leopard and Snow Leopard.
Release 4.2 (Build 100920)
* Einstellung fÃ¼r Snow Leopard und iTunes 10 hinzugefÃ¼gt, um ein Standardfenster mit Titelleiste und horizontalen Tasten zur Steuerung von iTunes zu verwenden.
* Einstellung fÃ¼r Apple Mail hinzugefÃ¼gt, um bei der Ansicht von Mails die Darstellungsalternative fÃ¼r reinen Text zu bevorzugen.
* Einstellung fÃ¼r das Dock von Leopard und Snow Leopard hinzugefÃ¼gt, um alle anderen Programme automatisch auszublenden wenn das Dock benutzt wird, um zu einem Programm zu schalten oder es zu starten.
* Einstellung fÃ¼r Safari 4 und 5 hinzugefÃ¼gt, um alle RSS-Funktionen abzuschalten.
* Das Layout der Einstellungskarte Allgemein wurde geÃ¤ndert, um die KompatibilitÃ¤t mit kleinen Bildschirmen zu verbessern. Die Dashboard-Einstellungen wurden von der Karte Allgemein zur Karte Programme verschoben.
* Das Layout der Einstellungskarte Snow Leopard wurde geÃ¤ndert, um die KompatibilitÃ¤t mit kleinen Bildschirmen zu verbessern.
* Die KompatibilitÃ¤t mit Safari 5 wurde verbessert.
* Es wurde ein Problem behoben, bei dem die Reaktivierung deaktivierter Anmeldeobjekte in Leopard und Snow Leopard nicht wie erwartet funktioniert hat.
- Version 4.1 | Release Date: 2010-03-22 | Download
* By user request, settings for iTunes 9 are now available when running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, too. (In addition to settings of iTunes 8 in Leopard).
* Added preference for Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 to allow ratings with half stars.
* Added preference for Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 to show a master playlist for the entire media library.
* Added preference for Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 to load excerpts of tracks completely beforing playing them when browsing the iTunes Store. This is helpful when using slow Internet lines.
* Corrected a problem where the check mark âMaintain full-screen mode when switching to other applicationsâ for QuickTime X could show the opposite state.
* Corrected a problem where font smoothing of Mac OS X was assuming a different background color during animation of the preference panes. This could lead to visible artefacts on specific combinations of graphics chips and monitors.
- Version 4.0 | Release Date: 2010-02-27 | Download
- TinkerTool 4 was rewritten completely and uses new technologies for its core and user interface.
- A help panel was added.
- The user interface can now be displayed in Spanish.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to let QuickLook inspect folders by showing them with transparent covers.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the feature âconnect to serverâ in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the iDisk features in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the eject feature in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the features for disk burning in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the feature âgo to folderâ in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the restart option in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to block the shutdown option in the Finder.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to disable the Dock ExposÃ© feature (returning to context menus on click-and-hold).
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to enable a larger, grid-like display for stacks in list view mode.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to set the delay before applications will display help tags (âtooltipsâ).
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to disable the immediate inline-display of attachments in Apple Mail.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to force Mail to copy plain e-mail adresses to the pasteboard (omitting names).
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to let the ExposÃ© feature âApplication Windowsâ include windows from all Spaces.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to disable the quarantine security warning when opening downloaded objects.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to control to which computer the remote access feature is sending system key shortcuts.
- Added preference for Snow Leopard to control the style and degree of font smoothing (optimized for CRT or LCD).
- Added preference for QuickTime X to disable display of controls when cursor re-enters player window.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to keep player controls always visible.
- Added preference for QuickTime X not to use rounded window corners for the player.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to disable the title bar of the player.
- Added preference for QuickTime X not to auto-play movies when opening the player.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to show close captioning and subtitles after launching the player.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to maintain full-screen mode when switching to other applications.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to allow multiple concurrent recordings.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to use the option key to switch between video and audio tracks when trimming movies.
- Added preference for QuickTime X to use the option key to highlight silent ranges in the audio track when trimming movies.
- The Portuguese version of the user interface had to be removed.
- Version 3.96 | Release Date: 2009-08-28 | Download
TinkerTool is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into Mac OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
- Version 3.94 (Build 090609) | Release Date: 2009-06-10 | Download
>Release 3.94 (Build 090609)
This release adds support for Safari 4 for Tiger and Safari 4 for Leopard.
>Release 3.93 (Build 081209)
This is a minor maintenance update which does not add any new features.
- The code size was optimized.
- Corrected a problem where the option to disable shadows when taking screenshots of windows did not work as expected in Mac OS X Leopard.
>Release 3.92 (Build 081110)
- The internal architecture of TinkerTool has changed to support new features in the future.
- The option for advanced features of Leopard Screen Sharing will be disabled in operating system versions which cannot support this.
- The following preference settings have been added for users of Mac OS X Leopard:
â¢ Disable the shadow when taking a screenshot of a window (cmd+shift+4).
â¢ Create file names with track numbers when importing music in iTunes 8.
â¢ Inverse the meaning of the option (alt) key when clicking on links in iTunes 8: Option-clicking will link to the local library.
>Release 3.91 (Build 080917)
By user request, access to some lost preference settings of iTunes 8 has been added:
- Disable the display of the genre column in the iTunes browser.
- Disable display of links to the iTunes Store.
- Enable playing songs while importing or converting.
(These settings are available for users of Mac OS X Leopard only.)
- Version 3.9 | Release Date: 2008-05-28 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.8 | Release Date: 2007-11-07 | Download
Added compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
Removed support for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar and other operating systems releases prior to version 10.3.8.
Added preference setting to modify the destination folder for screenshots (Tiger and Leopard).
Added preference to set the default user name when connecting manually to AppleShare (AFP) servers in the Finder (Tiger only).
Added preference setting to slow down animations in the Finder when the shift key is pressed (Tiger only).
Added preference setting to disable manual changes of the Dock size.
Added preference setting to disable changes of the Dock contents.
Added preference setting to disable the three-dimensional glass effect of the Dock (Leopard only).
Many small changes in the user interface.
- Version 3.7 | Release Date: 2007-04-22 | Download
* Added new preference pane to reorder and temporarily disable login objects (Mac OS X Tiger only). This feature was requested by many users, because Apple removed it from the original System Preferences application.
* Added new preference setting to enable display of hidden and system files in the context menu of folders dragged into the Dock.
* Added preference setting to generally limit the number of items shown in the "File > Open Recent" submenu of all native Mac OS X applications.
* Added preference setting to disable the drag-and-drop feature of selected text in Cocoa applications. The user can also set the delay time the system should wait when switching from selection mode to drag mode.
* Added preference setting for Safari to show the Internet addresses of links via Help tool tips when the mouse cursor is positioned on the link (Panther and Tiger only).
* Added preference setting for Safari to disable the database of web-site icons (Panther and Tiger only).
* Added preference setting for Safari to control the number of days after which history items expire automatically (Panther and Tiger only).
* Added preference setting for Safari to control the number of history items visible in the menu of the Back/Forward buttons.
* When used with Mac OS X Tiger, TinkerTool will now use the unified Tiger display style for its toolbar.
* Support for Mac OS X 10.1 "Puma" has been removed.
* The number of supported languages was reduced unfortunately. Volunteers for the translation of TinkerTool 3.7 are welcome.
- Version 3.61 | Release Date: 2006-07-10 | Download
- No changes specified