- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2008-10-31 | Download
V2.0, October 2008
1. Re-implemented in X-Code for OS X. No longer uses CarbonLib. No longer compatible with OS 9. Compatible
with Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers. Compatible with OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.x, 10.5.x
For OS 9 users, v1.1.4 will still be available.
2. SilverKeeper now can run in the dock or in the background. SilverKeeper can be minimized. We still
recommend that you do not run other applications or use your computer while backups are being performed.
There is a preference setting to sound an alert when the backup is complete.
3. Setup wizard added to assist users with common setup tasks. User is prompted to create Backup Sets for
entire System, all users, logged-in user.
4. Better support for network shares, drives, and network-attached storage (NAS and Ethernet Disk). Sparse Disk
Image can now be used as a Backup destination, in addition to normal volumes mounted on the desktop.
SilverKeeper will automatically mount disk images used as Backup destinations.
5. Bootable disk backups for OS X are limited to direct connect USB, FireWire, IDE/ATA or SATA disk drive
volumes and must be formatted as Mac OS Extended.
6. The size of the log file has been increased; the max size can now be set by a preference setting. The logs may
be saved as text files; there are preferences to determine what information is saved in the log files.
7. A user preference optional setting is available to show backup throughput performance.
8. Exclusion and Delete options can be set. Certain files/folders can be set to ânever deleteâ or to be excluded
from a backup.
9. Better file copying and permission management to reduce errors indicated by OS X. OS X errors are from the
operating system â“ these numerical values are detected by SilverKeeper, and reported to the user.
SilverKeeper errors are text based â“ a description is provided for errors within SilverKeeper. An error threshold
can be set to terminate backup if error limit is reached before completion.
10. Help menu expanded to include links to the built-in SilverKeeper Help; LaCie homepage; SilverKeeper
homepage; and email support link for SilverKeeper. SilverKeeper Help now available as separate PDF
document. The email link will automatically capture key information about your setup to help troubleshoot
your problem report.
- Version 1.1.4 | Release Date: 2006-07-10 | Download
- No changes specified