- Version 8.0 | Release Date: 2016-03-29 | Download
New "URL collection" table for frequently visited web pages, e-mail addresses and similar links.
Flexible definitions of multiple triggers and actions.
Keyboard triggers can now include the "fn" key.
Hands-free mode can be specified separately for each trigger.
Quick access to the settings window with a user-definable trigger.
Definable actions for right-clicking the menu bar icon.
Different actions for clicking the menu bar icon with combinations of modifier keys.
Height of the Settings window can be increased to show more items in the trigger and custom lists.
On El Capitan, KeyCue's Tenaya theme now uses the new default system font.
Tenaya is now the default theme for users who run KeyCue the first time on Yosemite and El Capitan.
More tolerant treatment of dashes in license key.
Mouse movement no longer cancels the display.
Shortcuts appear significantly faster in situations when long items need to be truncated.
The legend at the bottom of the table now always contains all menu modifiers (command, option, shift and ctrl).
When more than one macro tool (Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys, iKey) is active, KeyCue now shows the macros of all active macro tools (instead of just one).
The installer now shows a clearer warning when the version to be installed is not covered by the current license.
Silent installation without audible feedback.
The installer now automatically quits after successful installation.
Improves collection of menu items in Mail with certain Mail extensions.
Works around a situation in which a new version could not be installed because an active older version would not quit.
Works around a problem where the built-in installer got confused when a previous version of KeyCue had been moved to the trash.
Fixes a problem where KeyCue could not detect shortcuts in Papyrus Autor after longer usage.
Works around an issue that caused checks for new versions to fail on El Capitan.
Fixes a truncated button title in the "What's New" window.
Fixes a problem that caused shortcuts to be missing in Logic Pro.
More robust handling of rare cases in which update checks failed.
Fixes a problem where KeyCue could not find the contents of certain menus in Mailplane after switching back and forth between applications.
- Version 7.1 | Release Date: 2013-11-05 | Download
- KeyCue now has a keyboard shortcut for mouseless searching.
- When a new version of KeyCue is available, a more informative message now also mentions the release date and the currently installed version.
- Improved handling of special cases when checking for modifier keys that are available for "KeyCue Settings".
- New attributes for custom themes (separator lines between menus, uniform menu widths and uniform submenu widths).
- Works around an issue that resulted in incorrect characters instead of key symbols.
- The search field now also works with CJK input methods.
- Version 7.0 | Release Date: 2013-10-09 | Download
- Plug-in themes for the appearance of the shortcut table.
- Find field for searching shortcuts when the table is open.
- Column headings for the application/system/macro groups, when KeyCue shows more than one such group.
- Custom shortcuts can now have arbitrary textual descriptions.
- Clicks and other gestures with modifier keys can now be included as custom shortcuts.
- KeyCue can now be invoked via an AppleEvent («event KeyCShow»).
- Improved handling of command titles and headings with leading or trailing whitespace.
- Improved scaling and alignment of the shortcut table under certain border conditions.
- Changed the name of the "Info" tab in the Settings window to "About KeyCue".
- KeyCue now always shows a legend; this is no longer an optional feature.
- The settings window now appears in all spaces and can no longer "get lost".
- No longer logs a message about Lion's hotkeys.
- Improved handling of Custom shortcuts for Emacs.
- Fixes a misalignment of the selection feedback with scaled tables and multiple screens.
- Fixes a problem when theme fonts were missing.
- Fixes a problem where KeyCue could incorrectly activate a previously selected menu command after dismissing the shortcut window with the esc key.
- Fixes an issue where some clicks in the Settings window got lost immediately after showing the shortcut table in "sticky mode".
- On Mavericks, KeyCue now shows the "Wave" desktop picture as the background in the Theme tab of the Settings window.
- Version 6.6 | Release Date: 2013-08-29 | Download
- KeyCue is ready for OS X Mavericks.
- In the Custom section, KeyCue can now import plain text files with command names.
- Internal debugging aid for issues with macro utilities.
- Improved visual feedback during drag&drop of custom shortcuts with headers.
- KeyCue shows fewer registration reminders during the trial period.
- The built-in installer now reliably cleans up temporary files after automatic updates.
- Works around an issue in Finale, where the Simple menu was not included in KeyCue.
- Works around an incompatibility with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) that led to a crash when KeyCue launched.
- Assistant for granting KeyCue "Accessibility" permissions now also works on Mavericks.
- Fixes an alignment problem with commands that contain control characters.
- Version 6.6 | Release Date: 2013-05-21 | Download
- - "Check for Updates" is now accessible via KeyCue's menu bar icon. - New internal drawing order avoids partially clipped submenu frames. - Avoids beeps when dismissing the shortcut table with the esc key. - Improved diagnostic messages when KeyCue detects applications with incorrect menu structures. - Improves menu scanning of deeply nested bookmarks in Safari. - KeyCue now recognizes the "fn fn" shortcut for "Start Dictation" on Mountain Lion. - Fixes a problem in FileMaker 12, where KeyCue missed some shortcuts after switching between Layout and Browse modes. - Fixes a cosmetic issue where the desktop background was not shown in the Theme tab of KeyCue's settings.
- Version 6.4 | Release Date: 2013-02-19 | Download
- KeyCue now has an optional icon in the menu bar for opening the shortcut table with a single click and accessing various settings with a control-click or right-click.
- In trial mode, no registration reminder is shown when the Settings window is already open.
- Background version checks now take place only when the computer has been idle for a while.
- KeyCue no longer shows the shortcut table when the scroll wheel is operated while pressing modifier keys.
- The shortcut window no longer pops up when the screen is being zoomed with the scroll wheel.
- Improved positioning of the mouse selection frame.
- Works around a problem that caused Mission Control to show a KeyCue shortcut table in a miniature desktop although the KeyCue shortcuts were not visible.
- KeyCue now correctly highlights shortcuts that do not require any modifier keys.
- Fixes an issue with handsfree mode that caused highlighting of wrong shortcuts when no modifier keys were pressed.
- Fixes typographically incorrect smart quotes in multiple places.
- Rewording of messages that refer to the "Universal Access" system preference pane, which has been renamed to "Accessibility" on Mountain Lion.
- Works around a Mountain Lion issue, where KeyCue showed all items in the Services menu, even those that were not available in the current situation.
- Version 6.4 | Release Date: 2012-09-18 | Download
+ Compatible with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
+ The Installer's completion sound now plays through the "sound effects" channel and respects the alert volume as defined in System Preferences.
+ Fixes an issue during editing of custom shortcuts that caused group titles to appear white on white.
+ New technique for adding KeyCue to the list of Login Items now also works for Mountain Lion.
+ Improves handling of the "start at login" setting in cases where the KeyCue application was renamed.
+ The installer now uses an improved technique for finding the preferred destination location.
- Version 6.2 | Release Date: 2011-10-27 | Download
+ User-definable custom shortcut descriptions.
+ Import and export of custom shortcut descriptions.
+ Downloadable shortcut descriptions unveiling "hidden" keyboard shortcuts for Finder, Photoshop, and Indesign.
+ More shortcut descriptions will be made available for download in the future.
+ On-screen animation of menu scanning.
+ Faster reaction when modifier keys are quickly pressed and released.
+ When the Settings window is visible, KeyCue correctly displays the menu shortcuts belonging to the application that owns the menu bar.
+ Works around an issue that caused "reference count underflow" log messages with garbage-collected target applications.
+ Fixes an issue that resulted in partial off-screen legends in space-critical situations.
+ The system-wide shortcuts are now correctly localized on non-English systems under Lion.
+ Fixes a problem with function keys in combination with the fn modifier key.
- Version 5.4 | Release Date: 2011-07-28 | Download
+ An optional legend explains the meaning of symbols used in the shortcut table.
+ KeyCue now comes with a large (512×512) Finder icon.
+ KeyCue now disables itself in Screen Sharing, in order not to interfere with a copy of KeyCue running on the remote Mac.
+ Improved responsiveness in cases when KeyCue was invoked multiple times in a row.
+ Works with iKey 2.5.1 and newer.
+ Speed Improvement during collection of complex menu structures.
+ New diagnostic functions for isolating application-specific menu scanning issues.
+ KeyCue no longer skips menus in Eclipse.
+ Faster menu scanning in iChat.
+ Works around an issue with menu scanning immediately after an application has been launched.
- Version 5.4 | Release Date: 2011-07-26 | Download
+ Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion".
+ New wording in the installer clarifies the situation when an existing license does not cover the new version.
+ Works around an issue where commands in the shortcut table were shown with the prefix "DO_NOT_LOCALIZE".
- Version 5.2 | Release Date: 2010-12-07 | Download
+ Support for iKey shortcuts (with iKey 2.5 or newer)
+ New diagnostics functions for identification of problems on certain system configurations.
+ Fixes a problem with slow scanning of menus in FileMaker Pro 11.
+ Fixes a memory leak in combination with animations.
+ Works around a problem that sometimes resulted in an empty shortcut list for Keyboard Maestro.
+ Faster response in Safari with 1Password installed.
- Version 5.2 | Release Date: 2010-07-27 | Download
- Built-in diagnostic tool for application-specific adjustments.
- The installer now displays a more prominent warning when a new version is not covered by an older license.
- When a new version of KeyCue is announced, it is now possible to skip just this version yet receive announcements for subsequent versions.
- Corrects a misleading message about coverage of license keys.
- Rewording of some messages clarifies the new license model.
- Installation works around a permission issue when an older version of KeyCue had unusual permissions in a non-admin account.
- Reduces the amount of console log output.
- Avoids an extra delay when used in Xcode.
- Works around an installation issue that caused the Installer to give up when a running copy of KeyCue did not quit fast enough.
- KeyCue is now significantly faster for Safari.
- Version 5.1 | Release Date: 2010-03-29 | Download
+ Open interface that allows other other products to use KeyCue for displaying custom keyboard shortcuts.
+ New technique for easy installation.
+ New mechanism for updating KeyCue to a newer version while it is running.
+ New setting for specifying on which display the shortcut table shall appear.
+ Shows Typinator's keyboard shortcuts in the table of system-wide shortcuts.
+ Works around a problem that caused a high CPU load in Thunderbird.
+ Fixes a problem with the "press twice" option that sometimes caused the shortcut table to appear after typing a shortcut.
+ Improved compatibility with Snow Leopard.
- Version 4.5 | Release Date: 2009-08-25 | Download
+ KeyCue can display QuicKeys shortcuts (requires QuicKeys 4.0 or newer).
+ KeyCue 4.5 is ready for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
+ KeyCue now correctly displays arrow keys as dashed arrows.
+ Shortcuts with keys on the numeric keypad are now enclosed in brackets to distinguish them from other keys for the same characters.
+ KeyCue allows long lists of Keyboard Maestro to extend over multiple columns.
+ Improved handling of special cases for Java applications.
+ More flexible adaptation to applications with special requirements.
+ KeyCue now has a support interface that simplifies registration and various support activities.
+ The version check now includes dynamic updates of special cases for certain applications.
+ Works around a bug in Firefox that caused Firefox to crash.
+ Fixes a problem that caused KeyCue to forget license information when preferences were synced with MobileMe.
+ Works around a problem with Thunderbird that caused KeyCue to skip certain menus.
- Version 4.5 | Release Date: 2009-03-24 | Download
+ Now supports system-wide keyboard shortcuts.
+ Support for function keys F16 to F19 on aluminum keyboards.
+ Correctly displays shortcuts that include the space bar.
+ Fixes a problem with FileMaker that caused KeyCue to miss shortcuts after switching between Layout and Browse modes.
+ Fixes a problem with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Dreamweaver where KeyCue displayed only a small set of shortcuts.
+ Works around a problem with Firefox that caused KeyCue to fail after closing the initial window of Firefox.
+ Fixes a problem that caused KeyCue to ignore certain application-specific configurations.
+ Fixes a problem where KeyCue could not find any shortcuts in Safari.
+ Works around a bug in Mac OS X that caused KeyCue to fail after switching applications with command-tab.
+ Fixes a cosmetic issue that caused truncation of submenu titles.
+ Fixes a problem with display of function keys in the Notebook theme.
+ Fixes an error that resulted in an empty table or a "no shortcuts available" message within a list of shortcuts.
- Version 4.3 | Release Date: 2008-11-19 | Download
- The key combination for activating KeyCue is now a user-configurable option.
- Double-tap option to activate KeyCue only when a selected modifier key is pressed twice.
- KeyCue displays the activation key combination at startup.
- Menu shortcuts and Keyboard Maestro macros can now be shown together in a single table.
- Improved handling of license key entry avoids common errors during registration of KeyCue.
- Improved messages when a license key does not cover an upgrade.
- New technique for flexible adaptation to peculiarities of certain applications.
- Fixes an alignment problem with the splash animation.
- Version 4.2 | Release Date: 2008-05-20 | Download
- KeyCue can now display Keyboard Maestro macros when you press the ctrl key.
- Under certain circumstances, KeyCue prevented the computer from shutting down or restarting.
- KeyCue avoids overlapping its shortcut table with the head-up display of CopyPaste Pro.
- Version 4.1 | Release Date: 2008-02-19 | Download
- Large high-contrast themes in black and white, especially designed for visually impaired people.
- Automatic checking for new versions.
- The shortcut table sometimes appeared with modifier keys other than the command key.
- The "KeyCue Settings" shortcut did not work on Leopard with certain non-US keyboards.
- KeyCue sometimes did not work properly when it was invoked immediately after starting an application.
- Some letter keys were shown incorrectly for international keyboards.
- Certain special keys were shown with incorrect symbols.
- On some screens, messages below the shortcut table were cut off.
- Fixes a problem that caused alert windows to hide below the settings window.
- Collecting shortcuts in Mail on Leopard is now significantly faster.
- Works around a bug in Mail that caused Mail to hang when KeyCue was active.
- Version 4.0 | Release Date: 2007-10-15 | Download
- Shortcuts can now be activated by clicking.
- KeyCue 4 is ready for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
- The activation delay can be reduced down to 0.
- Accelerated table updates.
- Significantly reduced memory requirements when the shortcut table is not visible.
- Trial mode allows more realistic exploration of KeyCue.
- Fixes a problem where KeyCue sometimes reported that "No shortcuts are available" in Opera.
- Fixes a problem with multiple Spaces in Leopard, where KeyCue would show up only in the first space.
- Fixes an inconsistency with online renewal of license keys.
- KeyCue now correctly appears on all "desktops" in virtual desktop managers (such as VirtueDesktops,Â You Control Desktops,Â Desktop Manager andÂ Codetek Virtual Desktop).
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-02-25 | Download
KeyCue 3.0 contains a new engine for collecting shortcuts and is up to ten times faster than previous versions. The new version also sports different themes for customizing the appearance of the shortcut table. These themes include the "Classic" look of previous versions and a brand-new "Dashboard" theme that darkens the rest of the screen to attract attention to the shortcuts. Besides that, the new release adds complete French localization including French documentation. It also includes some other functional improvements and maintenance fixes to user-reported issues. See the version history at the companyâs web site for a more detailed list of changes.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2006-10-02 | Download
The new version 2.1 adds complete German localization including German documentation. It also includes some functional improvements and maintenance fixes to user-reported issues. See the version history at the companyâs web site for a more detailed list of changes.
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2006-07-15 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (19.99)