- Version 2.5.9 | Release Date: 2013-12-14 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.9
- Fixes some compatibility and stability issues with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
- Version 2.5.7 | Release Date: 2013-10-25 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.7
- Fixes an issue with recursive symlinks that could cause a crash.
- Fixes an issue that prevented creating new folders in Amazon S3 buckets with uppercase letters.
- Fixes an issue in workspaces that AFP/SMB passwords
- Fixes an issue with workspaces.
- Fixes a column-view issue that selecting column initiated an unwanted renaming.
- Fixes an issue with filanames beginning with spaces on FTP servers.
- Esc no longer exits fullscreen in column-view during renaming.
- The stop button is now visible in the droplet/synclet window.
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
- Version 2.5.5 | Release Date: 2013-06-24 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.5
- Folder sizes are not calculated automatically on network volumes
- Fixes an issue with UTF8 encoded characters
- Fixes an issue with AFP/SMB passwords
- Fixes an issue with type-selection
- You can activate a pane by clicking on an empty column (column view)
- Fixes a glitch with the Get Info panel
- Fixes a Webdav issue which could cause timeouts during transfers
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
- Version 2.5.3 | Release Date: 2012-08-29 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.3
Fixes the issue that caused crash on startup on 10.7.x (Lion).
Fixes the issue of the dock icon not opening a new window when clicked.
- Version 2.5.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-24 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.2
-Fixed the issue of the "FXP copy to" command being always -disabled.
-Volumes with nobrowse flag no longer appear under devices.
-Fixes an issue of pemission errors during copy would not be reported.
-Fixes some issues with FTP servers behind firewalls.
-Fixes a scrollbar issue in column view.
-Fixes the bug that prevented opening applications in column view by double-click.
-Fixed "Make symlink" command for SFTP.
-Fixes the issue of the path navigator not responding on Retina MBPs.
-Fixed gesture support.
-Fixes some filename encoding issues in the Sync engine.
-Fixes the backspace key not working in icon view.
-Fixes the drag and drop support in keyboard selection mode.
-Fixes the "Invert selection" command.
-Numerous other fixes and improvements
- Version 2.5.1 | Release Date: 2012-06-12 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5.1
-Improved drag and drop in list view.
-Added a "Rename" button to the toolbar.
-Fixes the issue of zero length files not uploading to Amazon S3.
-Fixes a possible crash while extracting archives.
-Fixes a possible crash in disclosure view while generating preview.
-Fixes a drag and drop issue in column view.
-Fixes a possible crash when deleting applications.
-Fixes a possible crash when splitting files.
-Fixes an issue with "Apply to all" not taking effect.
-Fixed "Open with other" in getinfo window.
-Fixes an issue when copying files from a search result.
-Fixes a possible crash in the multi rename module (regexp mode)
-Added a workaround for the a API bug of Lion on Fat32 filesystems.
-Fixed the file extension problem of recursive archives.
-Numerous other fixes and improvements.
- Version 2.5 | Release Date: 2012-05-16 | Download
What's New in Version 2.5
- Expandable folders in list view
- File grouping support
- Customizable view options per folder
- Full screen support
- Monochrome sidebar/toolbar icons
- New shortcut editor UI
- New Sync UI
- Automatic Application Deleter function
- New Favorite manager UI
- Added sort function for Favorite groups
- Color label support for favorites and devices
- New transfer queue UI
- Expandable folders in transfer queue
- Queue support for extract and move operations
- Real-time transfer queue pause
- You can now integrate any command line tool into Forklift (Tools)
- Improved AFP handling
- Improved Amazon S3 engine
- Improved Quick Look behavior
- Stability and performance improvements
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
- Version 2.0.8 | Release Date: 2011-11-28 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.8
- Move across volumes is enabled again
- Added Tab drag and drop
- Fixes an issue with hosts with ipv6 addresses
- Permissions are shown for multiple search results in get info panel
- Synclet 32/64bit issue fixed
- Fixes some rendering problem in the sidebar
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Version 2.0.6 | Release Date: 2010-12-28 | Download
Fixes and improvements:
- German localization added
- Network share handling improved
- Cmd+C, cmd+V in the same folder now duplicates file instead of asking to overwrite
- Duplicate extension when creating archive fixed
- Amazon S3 - Wrong modification datesfixed
- Wrong Modification Dates on certain FTP server localizations fixed
- Invisible volumes are now hidden from devices
- Option to choose location of PEM files for public/private key authentication added
- Coverflow also updates selection when navigating downwards
- iDisk doesn't inherit uneditable settings in the connect panel
- Path breadcrumb shading fixed
- Some issues with favorite management related to drag and drop fixed
- War (Web archives) files are now treated as archives
- Creating folder with no name not possible anymore
- Crash on Spotlight search with certain expressions fixed
- Some typos fixed
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2010-11-22 | Download
The second coming of file management.
- Mac OS X 10.6.X (Snow Leopard) only
- Completely re-built from scratch inside and out
- New view modes
- Transfer queue
- Improved archive handling
- New search modes and filters (with RegExp)
- Improved Sync
- Incredible speed!
- Integrated favorite manager
- Improved Multi-Rename
- and a lot more to discoverâ¦
- Version 2.0 beta6 | Release Date: 2010-10-05 | Download
- Version 2.0 Beta 6: Added Clone Pane to Context Menu Un-/check items in sync panel fixed Transfer queue order manipulation feature added Enter not working in favorites Growl notification corrected when syncing is completed Copying of invisible items when merging folders or when copying from or to remote fixed File - Compare (Typo) fixed WebDAV displaying folders as files fixed SFTP connection with key and no password fixed Favorites group added to sidebar is uppercase now Growl notification corrected for cancel on copy operation Crash on using "Show Original" on symlinks found in /usr/lib/ fixed Crashe at the end of copy operation during sync to external hdd fixed Some typos in Activity bar fixed Coverflow view sorting issue fixed Automatic crash reporter added ForkLift remembers passwords for network shares Easy access of favorites from the pathbar Fixed bug that caused random crashes during operations Added feature to manually remove specific items from sync operation
- Version 2 Beta 4 | Release Date: 2010-08-19 | Download
- Impossible shortcut Shift+F* to set
- Choose group on the New Favorite window
- Small Action icon is funky
- Control-Click Object in Sidebar should say Remove not Delete
- Go to Folderâ¦ ignores symlinks and aliases
- Copy URL to Clipboard does not copy URLs but filenames
- forklift2 does not release RAR Archives
- Menu "File/Find..." (Alt+F7) is always greyed out
- "Edit/Select..." does not work when "Keyboard Selection" is enabled
- Shortcut for Find (cmd-F) is always greyed out.
- Crash of PublicBeta2 on using Disklet of FTP-Server
- Going to Subdir via ENTER is blocked, if selection exists (with Keyboard Selection enabled)
- "Open in Other Pane" function does not work.
- Crash on RegExp Multirename
- No additional favorite groups can be created in the sidebar
- Copy to 'Search Spotlight Tab' has problem
- Quick look in archives
- Dragging items inbetween folders not working
- View options change makes ForkLift crash
- General error when cmd shift G and typing "/tmp"
- ForkLift displays the wrong default port number for FTP(/SSL)
- Sometimes progressbar doesn't show
- tar not extracted propperly
- Forklift crashes when you cancel out of MacFuse installation
- Crash when extracting archive
- Spotlight search indicator during search
- ZIP files (archives) are kept "busy" by Forklift after changing into them
- In icon view file or directory disappears when renameing and then esc
- If a file already exists creating a file with same filename simply overwrites it without a warning
- Reproducible crash in Multi-Rename with RegExp
- Version 2.0b2 | Release Date: 2010-05-30 | Download
- This new beta build brings some major fixes, plus the addition of a great new feature to ForkLift 2's toolbox.
- Disklets let other OSX applications access the servers connected via ForkLift, as if they were local disks.
- You can mount existing favorites as Disklets, or create a new Disklet directly from the Connect... panel.
- The feature works with all our supported protocols. The mounted server appears as a local disk in the Devices section of Finder and other apps' file dialogues.
- The Disklet feature requires the third-party extension MacFUSE to work and ForkLift will prompt for your confirmation to install the component.
- Version 1.7.8 | Release Date: 2010-01-05 | Download
- 'Move to' bug: we hope to catch this one in time. Several users reported this bug, that ForkLift (and the filesystem) fails to report it when an error occurs on the target volume during a Move operation on Snow Leopard. As the operation carried through even in case of an error, this could potentially cause loss of files, and therefore is the most important fix in this release.
- invert selection: the keyboard shortcut assigned in the Commander set didnât work properly.
- get info owner: the get info dialogue failed to correctly display file owners after the ownership was changed on a file.
- move to menu item: the Move to menu stayed active for local-to-remote transfers, although the operation is supported. This is now fixed.
- open enclosing folder: the operation was broken on Spotlight search results. Fixed.
- corrected some UI typos
- Version 1.7.7 | Release Date: 2009-11-03 | Download
This release fixes:
- AFP connection broken on Snow Leopard
- Amazon S3 default ACL handling fixed
- Amazon S3 issue where partial transfers were reported as completed
- Go To Folder destination field produced crash if left empty
- Version 1.7.5 | Release Date: 2009-09-17 | Download
- rename was broken for some users with certain configurations
- Version 1.7.4 | Release Date: 2009-09-08 | Download
- Snow Leopard Compatibility
- remote quicklook (Snow Leopard)
- "Connect as" to AFP (Leopard only)
- delete from Spotlight search result
- WebDAV SharePoint server incompatibility
- random resizing of Sidebar
- Version 1.7.3SL | Release Date: 2009-08-31 | Download
Snow Leopard compatibility release
- Version 1.7.3 | Release Date: 2009-07-29 | Download
- Version 1.7.3:
- "duplicate" command bug (1.7.2)
- Version 1.7.2 | Release Date: 2009-07-27 | Download
- copy url white space escaping
- Amazon S3 initial path problem
- zip executable file permission problem
- copying files with names with special characters
- webdav PPC issues
- possible crash when moving files from spotlight search result
- numerous minor issues
- Version 1.7.1 | Release Date: 2009-06-15 | Download
- file resume was not working (1.7)
- move from spotlight search crashed (1.7)
- Version 1.7 | Release Date: 2009-06-10 | Download
- New Features:
- Folder Synchronization
- Merge option when overwriting folders
- Open in Terminal command
- ForkLift is now able to create zip, pkzip, tar.gz, tar.bz2 and password protected zip archives.
- Duplicate file command
- Global preferences for conflict management
- ForkLift is now able to initiate multi-threaded FXP transfers between FTP servers.
- Copy URL everywhere
- Go To Folder improvements
- UI refinements
- Version 1.7b2 | Release Date: 2009-04-30 | Download
- Version 1.7b2 | Release Date: 2009-03-23 | Download
- open in terminal command
- added new compression formats: pkzip, tar.gz, tar.bz
- duplicate file command
- global preferences for conflict management
- multi-channel FXP copy
- copy URL improvements
- go to folder improvements
- redesigned info panel
- redesigned activity view
- Version 4452 | Release Date: 2008-12-10 | Download
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2008-12-10 | Download
Single Pane Mode
Volume Quick List
Auto Calculate Folder Sizes
Folder sizes are remembered
Open in New Tab
Open in Opposite Tab
The View Options Panel and Context menus were reorganized
Color Labels like in Finder
Path Navigator supports drag and drop
Redesigned Info Panel
fixed move across volumes
fixed a number of small FTP issues, failed connections to slow servers and certain server types.
fixed a number of SFTP bugs, including anonymous public key handling
fixed some WebDAV issues
- Version 1.6b4 | Release Date: 2008-11-28 | Download
FIXED: Keyboards shortcuts not saved
FIXED: Move across volumes
FIXED: FTP bug that might cause crash
FXED: SFTP folder creation bug introduced in BETA 3
FXED: File sizes are updated automatically before copying
FXED: Modification dates were not preserved when copying by drag-and-drop
FXED: Numerous minor bugs
- Version 1.6b3 | Release Date: 2008-11-19 | Download
BUGFIXES in 1.6 beta 3:
- Tab reordering will no longer crash
- Switching from Single to Dual pane mode will no longer produce an empty pane (the default location is opened)
- Path Navigator support for drag-and-drop now fixed
- Amazon S3 error when handling files over 2GB is fixed
- Dimmed display of Invisible Items fixed
- SFTP connection bug to certain server types now fixed
- Symlink copy problem fixed
- Problem with assigning ForkLift to handle certain file types (e.g. archives) fixed.
- Some stability issues were fixed
- Version 1.6b2 | Release Date: 2008-10-20 | Download
-many bug fixes and enhancements.
- Version 1.6b1 | Release Date: 2008-10-08 | Download
Whatâs new in 1.6
1. Single pane mode
As a first move to make ForkLiftâs UI more flexible, we are introducing the worldâs first dual-pane file manager, that is also a single pane file manager.
The keyboard shortcut cmd-alt-P will toggle Show/Hide the right side pane.
2. Separate Tabs
As we have discussed this earlier, we have been having second thoughts about the way the Tabs worked in previous versions.
The introduction of the Single/Dual pane modes made the move easier and more logical. So ForkLift will now have separate tabs for the two main panes.
With and eye on enhanced usability, the Tabs can now be dragged from one pane to the other (a move to enable Tabs to be moved between windows in the future).
Also, you will be extremely happy to learn that ForkLift will now remember Tabs on exit, and will load them on start (for local targets only)
3. Volume Selector
We have received many requests for a keyboard based navigation of the volumes listed in the Sidebar. So here it is.
Hit Esc to show the Volume selector in the active pane, and use the Up/Down arrows, or start typing a volumeâs name, to select it.
4. Keyboard selection
Another keyboard feature that many of you have been asking for is the ability to select items from the keyboard.
You can now turn on ForkLift > Preferences > General > Enable keyboard selection option, and use the space bar for selection.
When keyboard selection is turned on, a select cursor appears in item list. The cursor will follow the scrolling of the item list when PgUp/PgDown are used.
5. Calculate Folder Sizes
This is now a global option available from the View Options panel. When turned on, ForkLift will list all folder sizes in the item lists by default.
When turned on, ForkLift will store folder size data, and will track folder size changes on local filesystems.
NOTE: this options works only on local filesystems.
6. Navigation History
We have moved the history buttons to the right corner of the Path Navigator. Weâve got pretty used to them by now, hope you will too.
7. Sidebar hide
To save space for laptop users, you can also hide the Sidebar now with cmd-alt-S. This is when the Volume Selector will come in handy.
8. We have redesigned a few elements, hope you like it.
9. Color Label
Labeling now works in the same way as in Finder, from the File menu.
10. We have eliminated some entries from the context menus.
* remote edit - a problem was reported with some external editors (e.g.: MacVim), where any edits on remote files were lost. this is now fixed.
* Sidebar - reorganizing favorites could cause sudden crashes. fixed also
* SFTP modification date - ForkLift will now retain original modification dates of files transferred over SFTP
* FTP - we received several reports on smaller performance issues with the FTP engine, which have now been fixed.
* performance - we fine tuned some copy engine buffer settings, resulting in improved performance for some transfers
- Version 1.5.3 (4060) | Release Date: 2008-07-17 | Download
This version is Leopard-only, and is a free upgrade to all registered users.
ForkLift could not navigate SMB folders correctly. Now this bug produced various effects, with windows shares not being accessible, etc. It took some major debugging and rethinking here, but we believe we got it now. Feedback in the Forum topic will be welcome.
users using chinese characters experienced program crashes on networked volumes. This was of course related to encoding issues, which are now resolved, and non-english characters should not create any further problems here.
basic problem with connections to shares was that it wasn't ever clear who (FInder or ForkLift) connects to a given share. We have reworked this part of the app, and ForkLift will now use its own user to any shared volume, regardless of Finder. This means that when accessing a share, ForkLift will always log you in as a Guest user, even if the volume is mounted in Finder with another user. This may not sound so impressive, but it did fix the reliability issues we had with accessing these shares.
The Go To Folder feature caused some freak crashes. We've cleaned this part of the code now.
ForkLift failed to report connection timeout errors when using high-concurrency transfers over slow connections. This is now fixed (more in Forums)
SFTP public key authentication: ForkLift kept asking for a password each time the stored connection was launched. This is now fixed and the nag removed.
Some minor bug fixes
- Version 3109 | Release Date: 2008-06-25 | Download
- Version 1.5.2 | Release Date: 2008-04-24 | Download
This 1.5.2 (Leopard-only) release brings the following:
- Local path setting for remote connections: this new option will bind a specific local folder to a remote connection. This means that Favorites can now load a remote target folder, and a local source folder in the two panes in just one click. You can enter the path to the local folder on the Options tab of the Connect... panel.
- URL copy: this feature has been requested by many users, and now, here it is. The feature allows you to copy the full URL pointing to a file stored on a remote server to the clipboard. This will allow to easily share the files stored on your FTP server or S3 account with your friends. Settings are located on the Options tab of the Connect... panel, the feature is accessed from the right click context menu in the file list.
- QuickLook: will now work on all remote connections including Amazon S3, iDisk, FTP, SFTP, even on your Bluetooth mobile phone.
- Autoparsing URL: you can now paste URLs into the server field of the Connect... panel, and the corresponding fields will be auto-filled.
- fixed some issues with SMB and other shared resource connections.
- fixed the problem where the file list failed to refresh after deleting from shared resources and FAT volumes.
- keyboard navigation should work more reliable in the activity window
- minor fixes and updates on the WebDAV module
- Version 1.5.1 | Release Date: 2008-03-25 | Download
ForkLift 1.5.1 Update
A recommended release to all users of ForkLift on Leopard, which fixes a couple of issues discussed last week in our blog. These being:
â¢ Font Selection
As a result of some internal debate regarding this issue, motivated by heated requests from some of our users, Mudi has prevailed upon himself to deliver a Fully Finder-like Font Size Selection Feature for ForkLift.
Font type is therefore fixed, with a choice of font sizes from 10pt to 16pt that can be set in View Options (View > Show View Options). The setting applies to the text in two panels only.
We fixed a bug that could cause hangs or crashes during SFTP transfers.
â¢ WebDAV favorite handling
Fixed some issues with Favorites handling of WebDAV connections
â¢ CPU usage
Fixed a bug that caused the copy engine to use excessive CPU power. The copy engine now shows a stable 3%-4% of CPU usage.
We've fixed an issue with update notifications that caused some Tiger users to accidentally install the 1.5 update. Tiger and Leopard users will get separate notifications from now on.
Did not work on local network shared volumes where Trash was not available (e.g. AFP shares). Delete will now prompt the user to OK the permanent removal of the items (as in Finder).
- Version 3817 | Release Date: 2008-03-25 | Download
- Version 3779 | Release Date: 2008-03-19 | Download
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2008-03-16 | Download
Changes in ForkLift 1.5
- obviously, the beautiful new UI, with Finder-style Sidebar and Preview.
- obviously, the new Sidebar. The Sidebar now lists shared volumes of the local network in a separate group item, and will recognize all AFP, SMB, NFS... shares on the network just, like Finder does (with the funny little PC icons et al).
- the Sidebar will also allow you to create Favorite Groups, and to edit Favorites directly from the context menu (does not support local favorites, only remote).
- there is now a single Connect panel (Go > Connect or cmd-K), which groups FTP/SFTP/WebDav/S3/Bluetooth connection functions (iDisk is accessed as WebDAV). the panel now has an option to add a new connection directly to the Favorites.
- we've rewritten some part of the copy engine - it should now be about 10 times (!) faster, as FL can now use multiple channels for moving data. The improvement will affect all copy operations, over FTP, SFTP, S3, WebDAV, etc. It means ForkLift is now one of the fastest ftp clients on earth. A Word Press upgrade that took us 60 seconds with 1.2 on Tiger now takes a mere 6 secs!
- the new live preview panel is just great. It can be resized to any size, it is capable to display pdfs, and it now reads Spotlight comments as well. This, of course, will work across remote folders and inside archives.
- the new ForkLift also has Quick Look. just hit [space] to toggle QuickLook.
- it is now possible to create new buckets on european S3 accounts.
- the new copy engine also fixed a problem that was reported by many users. Namely, that copying a folder to a remote filesystem where a folder with the same name already existed wiped the original folder, instead of merging the contents of the two folders. Now, this was not a bug, but since we releived so many requests, ForkLift will now ask you if you want to replace or merge the directories. The function will only work with remote volumes.
- tasks running in the background are now grouped in a single activity viewer window
- on top of each panel, you will now see a Path Navigator bar to help browsing.
- weâve reviewed and corrected the menu items and panel texts. should be nice an clean now
- if youâre attentive enough, you will have noted the new application icon. A progress bar and badge are now also displayed on the dock icon, to monitor transfers while ForkLift is in the background
- there are also a couple of new toolbar icons.
- user permissions on the Info.plist file. Now all users of a computer will be able to start the ForkLift installed under another user account
- font selection is now available in the main panels
- Help pages were added
- Droplets created with 1.2 may no longer work once 1.5 is installed.
- this version will only run on Leopard.
- Version 1.5b4 | Release Date: 2008-02-28 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 1.5b3 | Release Date: 2008-02-23 | Download
- FIXED: bug causing error in creating Amazon S3 directories
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to create new buckets on european S3 accounts.
- FIX: Selectâ¦ panel bugs
- FIX: occasional crashes when main application window was closed (related to QuickLook)
- FIX: the icons in the Connection Panel were upside down. I swear, none of us noticed a thing
- FIX: login controls on SHARED computers (now connects to most Samba servers)
- FIX: keychain support
- FIX: possible ftp crash on disconnect
- CHANGE: user permissions on the Info.plist file. Now all users of a computer will be able to start the ForkLift installed under another user account
- FIX: several WebDAV bugs
- NEW FEATURE: font selection is now available in the main panels
- NEW FEATURE: progress bar and badge is displayed on ForkLiftâs dock icon
- FIX: text âRegistered Userâ in Connect Asâ¦ screen
- CHANGE: âboldâ font setting for folders removed
- FIX: AFP shares could not be added to the FAVORITES
- FIX: bug in opening aliased folders in the sidebar FAVORITES
- FIX: the activity viewer will not disappear if ForkLift looses focus
- FIX: the activity viewer will now appear in ExposÃ©.
- CHANGE: keyboard control on the activity viewer and its dialogues
- FIX: false error messages during local copy of symlinks pointing to non-existent files
- FIX: creating aliases with drag-and-drop caused FL to crash
- FIX: FL crashed if more than one item was dragged to the sidebar FAVORITES
- and a number of smaller fixes and code optimizations
- Version 1.5b2 | Release Date: 2008-02-04 | Download
List of fixes in ForkLift 1.5b2
- hacked the FTP engine to now allow multiple parallel actions on the same FTP server, so it is now possible to browse, copy/move files while another copy operation is ongoing
- condensing the many crash reports that youâve sent, we've managed to track and fix some core stability issues, ForkLift should be now free of these random crashes
- the integrated QuickLook will now let you browse between selected files using the cursors
- read/write fixed on European S3 buckets
- fixed the bug that caused a crash during remote edit
- fixed the memory leak
- fixed bug in the handling of ssh public keys with passphrase
- fixed refresh on panel views
- fixed crash hazard found in remote file copy actions
- copied/moved symlinks are now displayed properly with the symlink name instead of the original file name
- setting the S3 Bucket ACL now works
- fixed crash error on S3 object names beginning with /
- fixed SFTP connection bug where login fails with passwords containing the characters % or $
- we've improved shared computer handling, but there is still some work to be done here
- SFTP OWNER / GROUP data is displayed correctly
- changing permissions in the GET Info panel now works
- size column in the panel is now aligned to the right
- the show/hide sidebar menu command didnât do anything useful, so we removed it
- the default toolbar icon set was extended
- SHOW/HIDE info view menu item now displays correct status
- fixed unresponsive stop button on replace activity windows
- the edit menu command will now work on local folders (e.g. pages documents)
- fixed kind string error on remote folders
- increased contrast for the Back/Forward navigation buttons
- fixed bug where PDF files were stuck in the Trash after previewing them in ForkLift
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2007-10-22 | Download
ForkLift now connects to WebDAV servers and iDisk. Copy, move, rename, preview, remote view, remote edit. Connect to WebDAV servier or iDisk from the Go menu.
- Select Panel
Select items using a filter string or select files with matching/different filenames in the two panels. The select checks only the filename and extension, not the size nor the date of the file. Access the panel from the Edit/Select... menu.
- SFTP text encoding - setting different encoding now works
- Leopard fixes - ForkLift 1.2 is ready to run on Leopard
- A couple of small bug fixes
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2007-08-23 | Download
CHANGELOG FOR RELEASE 1.1
A small, independently running piece of code that puts up an icon anywhere in the filesystem as a connection port to most used FTP and S3 folders. The droplet created can be placed anywhere in the filesystem. Any files you drag on it will be uploaded in the background to the FTP or S3 folder represented by the droplet.
FXP copy allows the direct transfer of files and folders between two FTP servers, without the need to first download them to the local machine.
3. BATCH rename
A full-feature batch renamer. Look for it in the TOOLS menu.
Until now, you had to select the application in Forklift to delete it. Now you can just select a folder where applications are, and Appdeleter will search for applications in the folder and subfolders. Then you can select which apps you want to remove.
A traditional split/combine operation for slicing up large files to removable media. The format is compatible with Total Commander's split/combine feature.
6. TOOLS MENU SORTING
Tools are now listed in alphabetical order, along with their icons and shortcuts.
7. CREATING NEW FILE
A new entry in the FILE menu. It creates an empty file on the remote server directly which you can remote edit afterwards.
8. AMAZON S3 0 BYTE FILE
Now you can create 0 byte size files in your S3 account.
9. ESCAPE FOR STOP
Pressing down the escape key will now stop the running process in ForkLift.
10. SPARKLE FRAMEWORK
ForkLift now uses the Sparkle Framework for software updates.
11. SFTP: public-key authentication
We've implemented support for SFTP's public key authentication.
12. Correct numerical sorting of file names
We've implemented a new sorting for filenames beginning with numbers. Now you'll have a file starting with 10xxx.xxx sorted after the file starting with 9xxx.xxx, not after 1xxx.xxx as it would be sorted in the normal alphabetical order.
13. SEARCH SHORTCUT
We've included a shortcut for Spotlight search. The shortcut ALT+COMMAND+F
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-06-25 | Download
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Changed truncating mode in file view
- Amazon S3 now supports recursive permission setting mode
- Fixed possible crash if Amazon S3 connection failed
- Fixed problems when deleting folders on Microsoft IIS Ftp server
- Fixed crash when executing move command with no selection
- Fixed the issues with SFTP permission setting
- Lower CPU usage when idle
- Fixed LundFTPd compatibly problems
- Improved FTPS/TLS handling
- Improved Growl support
- Changed some menu titles for better consistency
- Fixed some other minor issues
- Fixed a remote edit issue with some applications
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2007-05-31 | Download
The following new features have been added:
- Bonjour support
- URL helper support
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Rar archive handling
- minor fixes
- Version 1.0b3 | Release Date: 2007-05-16 | Download
The following new features have been added:
- Amazon S3 support
- Spring loaded folders
- International Domain name support (IDNA)
- Extended FTP Connection panel
Bug fixes and improvements:
- FTP program termination
- Show/hide invisible items from menu
- Rename and new folder is followed by selection
- File deletion crash
- Speed improvements
- Appdelete algorithm improved
- Minor fixes
- Version 1.0b2 | Release Date: 2007-04-20 | Download
The following new features have been added:
- Application deleter plugin
- Growl support
- program help
- full localization support
- color label support
- SFTP automatic reconnect
- (remote) edit
- file view now displays the size of a selection
- more filter classes
- favorites shortcuts
- open last location on relaunch
- the info view updates during folder size calculation
- pane switching by pressing TAB
- appearance preferences
- scroll-bar size setup
- confirmation dialog on exit
- type-ahead selection
The following bugs have been fixed:
- '~' works as home directory in path completion
- multiple screen support
- directory enumerator bug
- enclosing folder selection
- crash when playing audio files
- move file issue
- dragging into a folder with packages only
- FTP connection panel crash when hostname or username contained special characters
Licence: Commercial with demo