- Version 0.9.6 | Release Date: 2010-05-19 | Download
This release focuses on emulation bugfixes and features of interest
to homebrew developers. Most users will find that the compatibility
is increased substantially.
Some save files may be invalidated due to use of broken crc logic.
Back up your DSV files before using this version of the emulator or else
the game might wipe it.
Users of OSX, gtk, cli and gtk-glade frontends please note that now we
have a common directory in ~/.config/desmume for config file,
saves and savestates. The old .desmume.ini will be moved
automatically with the name config but you have to move your saves
UPDATE We have released a new version of the source tarball to fix problems building the glade frontend. If you downloaded your copy before 05/25/2010, please download it again
- Version 0.9.5 | Release Date: 2009-11-27 | Download
This new release is the product of hundreds of new code improvements: We now have an almost 100% reworked 3D core, which is shared amongst all ports for the first time, and have better save states. Compatibility has been improved across the board. The huge number of reworked systems and small fixes is noticeable on some games and homebrew games are running betterâ“or even running at all for the first time. And this work has not stopped, so stay tuned for whatâs coming in the future!
With this release, we have fixed a number of emulation bugs, as well as added the following features which you might be interested in: Mic, rumble, and PSG white noise. Once again we found a number of refinements to make in the GPU, for instance: blending, mosaic, affine modes; so your game might run more accurately than ever. Watch out, thoughâ“your savestates are probably invalidated once again. Sorry!
This version of DeSmuME releases some odds and ends. A few new games are playable, and RTC works for day/night games. Additionally, the windows and linux ports have had a slew of new features added. And finally, the addition of a preliminary software rasterizer (which may be selected instead of opengl) will allow you to work around frustrating display issues.
This new release introduces lots of bug corrections, improvements and new features: among them are new save autodetection, new save file format and full rerecording support.
For those wondering about the missing 0.9.3 version, we somehow lost it ; it got captured by hunters that thought it was a new p*kem*n.
0.9.5 introduces an entirely rewritten main emulation loop
This totally changes the timing, and totally breaks old savestates.
The OSX build is now based on the GTK port which is more up-to-date.
- Version 0.8 | Release Date: 2008-04-22 | Download
- Save State As function now works.
- Recent Items menu now works.
- Opening NDS files from Finder now works.
- Added screenshot feature.
- Added preferences.
- Many more strings are translatable now.
- Default screen color is black (better represents being "off" and easier on eyes at night).
- Added sound.
- Now is a universal binary.
- Leopard resolution icon added.
- Added a Japanese translation.
- Added an optional status bar (resize handle no longer overlaps screen).
- New ROM Info and About DeSmuME windows have been added.
- Fixed several bugs in window resizing.
- Added FAT image support for homebrew games (thanks to TypeError).
- Key config can be changed on the command line. Save/load hotkeys changed (so expose doesn't override).
- Key bindings may work better on non-US keyboards now (needs testing).
- Fixed possible segfault in ROMReader on ia64 and amd64.
- Fixed a crash bug with 2D background corrupting memory
- Flag check optimization
- Applied some endian fixes in GPU (thanks to Phazz)
- Version 0.7.3 | Release Date: 2007-12-29 | Download
- No changes specified