- Version 1.2.1 | Release Date: 2009-02-12 | Download
- Fixed a major bug with Syncman 1.2. When adding contacts to your Gmail
account, Syncman would not add these contacts to the My Contacts group.
This could cause strange problems, especially if you opted not to synchronize
Now Syncman will add any new contacts in Address Book to the My Contacts group in Gmail. After updating, if Syncman still wants to delete a bunch of contacts from Address Book, the easiest solution is to empty the cache Syncman > Preferences > Advanced > Empty Cache and sync again. The downside to the 'easy' solution is that it leaves a bunch of duplicate contacts in your Suggested Contacts. The alternative solution, which doesn't do this, is to manually move those contacts into My Contacts in Gmail.
I sincerely apologize for this lapse in quality control. If you've been bitten by this bug and need any assistance in getting your contact lists back in order, please don't hesitate to contact us. And many thanks to Ross on the Syncman group for noticing and helping to track down this bug.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2009-02-10 | Download
- Option to either synchronize or ignore Google's âSuggested Contactsâ.
- more sync status information is now available in the menubar if you run Syncman in the menubar.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2008-06-20 | Download
- Added scheduled synchronization with configurable ‘bother level’.
- New preference for running in the menubar instead of in the dock.
- New preference for starting Syncman automatically at login.
- Added proper credits to the ‘About’ box.
- Google Talk addresses in Gmail are now properly mapped to Jabber addresses in Address Book
- Added workaround for Address Book bug where the ‘Last Name’ field could become inaccessible.
- Fixed an issue where Syncman would always want to update certain contacts on Gmail
- Version 1.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-05-23 | Download
- Added a workaround that should eliminate âpostal address must not be emptyâ errors.
- Added some web and email links to the help menu
- Internal changes to facilitate site licensing
- Version 1.0.2 | Release Date: 2008-05-16 | Download
- Another quick bugfix release to take care of some minor issues.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Syncman to always want to update certain contacts on Gmail.
- Automatically handle situations that could lead to errors like âPhone Number must not be emptyâ.
- Syncman now tries harder to respect a contacts name structure (first, last, etc) in Address Book.
Changes for Syncman 1.0.1 (May 15, 2008):
This is a highly recommended bugfix release. A few annoying issues were found after the launch of 1.0 and a few more popped up later (more on that below).
- Fixed a bug that would cause completely unrelated contacts to be merged during the initial sync.
- Give Company contacts a name on Gmail so they display properly in the list view.
- Display more descriptive messages for certain errors.
Google recently changed some things (unannounced) which could cause Syncman to think that it needed to replace all of your Address Book contacts. This seems to have only affected Google Apps accounts, or possibly those who were recently updated to the new Gmail interface.
Regardless, this release should fix the problem, but of course if it doesn't then please let me know.
And one last thing... You can now stay up to date with Syncman news by following the new Wateree Blog.
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2008-05-01 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (9.95 EUR)