- Version 3.8.3 | Release Date: 2012-04-17 | Download
Version 3.8.3 is the first release of the app as freeware.
Other changes include:
• Fixed height of core data sliders and spaces between labels
• Fixed chart labels where sleep control used for exercise
• Changed default chart window size for small screens
• Added window for research messages
• Commas added in CSV export to include fields not recorded each day
• Fixed problem in report PDF with text overlap in some cases.
- Version 3.8.2 | Release Date: 2011-10-24 | Download
Version 3.8.2 includes minor updates to the registration and sync processes.
- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2010-08-05 | Download
Version 3.6 fixes an issue affecting users who customize their fields and synchronize their data online.
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2010-06-09 | Download
- Version 3.5 includes the following changes:
- The ability to customize the core data fields e.g. mood, sleep, etc. All labels in the application can now be changed. This gives the flexibility to record mood more than once per day or other key concerns such as anxiety in the core fields section. Any changes that you make will be reflected in the Charts, Report and Isolate screens.
- The Help guide has been re-written, available as a link within the app or by download from http://www.findingoptimism.com/software/optimism_3.5_mac.pdf.
- Version 3.4 | Release Date: 2010-03-30 | Download
- Version 3.4.0 includes changes for a smoother sync with the web app and iPhone/iPod. After the first sync with the online database, alerts for later syncing are switched on automatically. When a change is made in the web app or iPhone/iPod, the software will provide an alert when it is first opened that it needs to be synced. If a change has been made in the software and not uploaded for the web app of iPhone/iPod then there will an alert on closing. The alerts can be switched off in the preferences if they are no longer needed.
- There is a new toolbar icon for the online sync.
- In a few cases the username has not worked in the sync function, and users have had to enter their registered email address. This has been fixed.
- The trial period is now 14 days (previously 7).
- Version 3.3 | Release Date: 2010-03-06 | Download
1. A new application icon. Our previous hand icon was similar to another software developer's registered trademark. In response to their concerns we felt it was fair to change our icon.
2. The sliders on the Record screen can now be moved by dragging and clicking.
3. The update check function no longer triggers a message in the terminal.
4. There is a new item called "Email Developer" in the Help menu, to make it easy to provide feedback or ask a question.
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2010-01-22 | Download
- Version 3.2 includes the following changes:
- A function for launching Optimism automatically at the same time each day. If your computer is off at the specified time then Optimism will launch when you next switch it on. The function is found in the Preferences window.
- Contextual notes on the Charts display. Clicking the pen icon now reveals a pop-up window displaying your notes for the day.
- The Today button on the Record and Report panels now has a pressed appearance when displaying the current day.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2009-12-24 | Download
- We have made a number of additions to the Optimism sync service:
- A checkbox in the preferences to turn off the sync service and stop checking the online database.
- A "Remember Password" checkbox on the sync login screen for saving an encrypted password.
- Cancel and Go Back buttons in the sync windows.
- Automatic removal of backup files created by the sync function more than 3 months prior.
- A new screen to opt-in for scientific research and provide background information.
- Added buttons to the Core Data and Report screens for more obvious access to the calendar. Fixed a problem in the calendar where the weekday didn't correctly correspond to dates.
- Fixed a problem introduced in 3.0 with the Isolate function, for queries using Stay Well Strategies, Triggers and Symptoms.
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2009-12-02 | Download
Synchronization with the Optimism Online (SaaS) web app, the iPhone app about to be released, other computers and online backups. The Notes component is now on a new screen with a section for short & long term goals. Extra customisable fields have been added plus small improvements for OS X 10.6.
- Version 2.9.7 | Release Date: 2009-07-31 | Download
A new set of icons has replaced the previous set. The 2 and 4 week charts can now be adjusted to start or end on any date, rather than be limited to specific end dates. Minor changes have been made to the Help content, and the serial validation process has been updated. The plan panel for new users no longer contains example data.
- Version 2.9.6 | Release Date: 2009-05-23 | Download
We've added Help sections for the Preferences pane and File menu functions. The serial validation process has been improved for new users. We've improved the interface of the Clear Data Range window and made improvements and a minor bug fix on the Isolate window.
- Version 2.9.4 | Release Date: 2009-05-01 | Download
We've changed the Charts to open in a separate window for all time periods, rather than from the main interface. They can all be accessed from the same menu, be kept open while examining other data, and they are all resizable. The 10-day charts have been removed and 2 weeks is now the default.
- Version 2.9.2 | Release Date: 2009-04-10 | Download
We've added a Help manual accessible through the Help menu, expanding on the contextual Help available in each window. A replacement serial number validation process has been implemented, and we've made numerous small changes to the interface and url links to the website.
- Version 2.9.0 | Release Date: 2009-03-20 | Download
We've added a new screen called "Isolate", which is an interface for quickly filtering data. It helps you to find patterns in your records, allowing for more precise examination of causes and effects.
We've also made changes to improve the installation process, and added an Undo function for text fields.
- Version 2.8.0 | Release Date: 2009-01-31 | Download
Added a range of resizable Charts, catering to longer time periods from 2 weeks up to all records. Changed the printing output of the default Chart to provide the same information as the PDF function. Revised the text on the Plan screen and in multiple Help windows.
- Version 2.7.0 | Release Date: 2008-12-15 | Download
- Days of the week have been added to the Report and Charts. Saturdays and Sundays are in a different color as a visual reminder where recordings are significantly different for these days.
- Trial users are no longer locked out at the end of the evaluation period, but have full access to view existing records.
- The Password window now appears prior to the current record window.
- Headers have been added to the Charts PDF.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
- Version 2.6.0 | Release Date: 2008-11-21 | Download
- Custom headings in Preferences are now displayed on the Report and Charts screens, PDF files and print-outs. On the Charts PDF the field labels are larger and wrap across lines. Only active fields show on the grid. A text note above the Charts indicates any date discontinuities in the records.
- Version 2.1.0 | Release Date: 2008-09-24 | Download
Many changes including customization of fields, application of ratings to fields, drop-down help windows, a new icon set, and a toolbar button for copying new records from previous ones.
- Version 1.2.3 | Release Date: 2008-04-21 | Download
A âSend Feedbackâ button has been added to the Application menu, which takes the user to the Feedaback page on the Optimism website. A bug in the "Today" button on the calendar has been fixed. A problem with the exit toolbar button causing the program to crash has been fixed.
- Version 1.2.0 | Release Date: 2008-04-15 | Download
Daily notes have been incorporated into the report.
A pen icon on the charts panel indicates days in which notes have been recorded.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2008-04-03 | Download
Added a simplified, faster update process. Fixed line returns for text entry in the Comments box and on the Plan screen.
- Version 1.0.5 | Release Date: 2008-03-07 | Download
Fixed database issue affecting display of the report on some computers
- Version 1.0.4 | Release Date: 2008-02-29 | Download
- 1.0.4 Fixed error message on start-up when trial period expired
- Version 1.02 | Release Date: 2008-02-08 | Download
- No changes specified