- Version 1.1.5 | Release Date: 2008-10-14 | Download
- Version 1.1.5 is a minor bug-fix maintenance release
- Fixed a problem that would cause photos to appear missing if Photon encountered a problem reading the display profile
- Fixed a rare bug that would sometimes cause the zoom tool to sop working
- Fixed a bug that would cause screenshots downloaded from an iPhone/iPod touch to load incorrectly
- Fixed a few minor memory leaks and possible crashing bugs
- Version 1.1.4 | Release Date: 2008-08-13 | Download
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the image viewer to show a different image from the selected thumbnail.
- Top-level alias directories are now resolved correctly when opening a new folder, or dropping a selection of multiple folders onto Photon. Nested aliases are not resolved.
- Eliminated a rendering "flicker" in the main image view when resizing the stack view splitter.
- Fixed a problem that would sometimes cause the mouse cursor to be permanently hidden when zooming in the image viewer.
- Using spacebar to toggle zoom mode now works correctly on Mac OS 10.4.
- Clicking in the spaces between the images in the thumbnail view now correctly de-selects any selection.
- Version 1.1.3 | Release Date: 2008-06-08 | Download
- NEW: Added 'spacebar' as a new keyboard shortcut for toggling between '100%' and 'Fit to Window' zoom levels
- NEW: Photon now remembers the position of the thumbnail size slider and the size of the thumbnail pane when quitting and re-launching the application
- NEW: Newly created stacks are now automatically selected
- NEW: Added Help menu command for showing release notes
- Fixed a crash when trying to download a corrupt file on a memory card
- Fixed a bug that caused Photon to remove the entire stack when cancelling a 'File stack' operation
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2008-05-10 | Download
- Major portions of Photon's caching engine were re-written for improved speed and responsiveness
- Added the ability to save and recall stacks when quitting and re-launching the application
- Added a new "Discards" stack feature that keeps track of unwanted files and provides a way to send them to the Trash
- Added a new "File stack" feature that provides the ability to physically move existing files to a new location on your hard drive
- Added a new preference for controlling memory card auto-downloading
- Improved memory card download performance
- Bug fixes and many more updates
- Version 1.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-02-12 | Download
What's new in this release:
- Added the ability to launch an external editor application for the selected image.
- Added the ability to change the background color of the viewer panel.
- Better cursor handling in image viewer panel.
- Better metadata formatting. Numeric fractional values are now formatted properly.
- Fixed a problem that caused image rotations to be applied incorrectly.
- Improved keyboard navigation. In addition to using the left and right arrow keys for navigating in the thumbnail view, the following keys now function as expected: Up arrow, Down arrow, Page up, Page down, Home, and End.
- Improved performance when rapidly advancing through high resolution images.
- Fixed a problem that caused the wrong directory to be loaded when opening a new stack with File->Open and using list view.
Pricing and future release plans:
For those of you using the trial version of Photon, you may know that Photon's introductory price of $49 is still in effect. This intro price won't last for long! 1.0.3 is likely the last update before the normal price of $69 goes into effect.
Also, I'm happy to announce that Photon version 1.1 is currently in the works and has several new major enhancements planned. Version 1.1 will be a free upgrade for all 1.0.x users.
- Version 1.0.2 | Release Date: 2008-01-03 | Download
Release notes not available.
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-11-24 | Download
- Fixed a bug that was causing unresponsiveness and crashes when trying to scan a folder containing more than a few thousand images when running on Leopard
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2007-11-03 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo