- Version 1.7.1 | Release Date: 2008-03-11 | Download
- The bug that caused 7zX to produce bus errors on certain machines should be now fixed.
- Software Update should work correctly once again.
- Version 1.7 | Release Date: 2008-03-04 | Download
- New 512×512 icons courtesy of æ¨å(sp4navy), www.macfans.com.cn. The old set, which had been created by Iiro JÃ¤ppinen, may be made available as an alternative download in the near future.
- Compression and decompression are now up to 30% faster, especially on 64-bit PowerPC and Intel Core computers.
- Compression core updated to version 4.57 beta; any other components used by 7zX have been also updated to the latest release available.
- Several sections, such as the decompression routines, have been rewritten from scratch and should now have better performance.
- Handling of non-7z archives has been improved.
- Added preliminary support for localizations.
- Self-Extracting archives also include any improvements studied for the 7zX application.
- The Automator workflow included in the disk image should be now compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.
- Version 1.6.7 | Release Date: 2007-11-20 | Download
We fixed a bug which would cause 7zX to fail creating an archive when asked to discard resource forks.
- Version 1.6.6 | Release Date: 2007-11-15 | Download
â¢ 7zX now behaves like Appleâs BOMArchiveHelper when expanding archives; existing files shouldnât be overwritten anymore.
â¢ The creation of archives has been improved; we fixed a bug which would prevent 7zX from creating any kind of segmented archives.
â¢ Self-Extracting archives also include the improvements we studied for the main 7zX application.
â¢ 7zX is now uses standard .plist files to store its preferences.
â¢ Compression options are now preserved across sessions.
â¢ Software update routines have been improved; 7zX now checks for updates at most once/day.
â¢ Some components have been removed or updated in order to improve performance and compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
â¢ Growl notification messages have been improved; 7zX now warns the user when a password is required to decrypt an archive.
â¢ Code optimizations.
- Version 1.6.5 | Release Date: 2007-10-10 | Download
7zX now creates temporary files in the same folder as the files it is processing rather than on the main hard disk. Also, huge portions of the code that constitutes 7zX have been rewritten, in order to increase software performance.
- Version 1.6.4 | Release Date: 2007-07-27 | Download
- Compression core updated to version 4.51 beta.
- speed optimizations for AES encryption.
- some bugs were fixed.
- Version 1.6.3 | Release Date: 2007-07-24 | Download
Version 1.6.3 includes an updated version of the 7-Zip compression core.
- Version 1.6.2 | Release Date: 2007-06-17 | Download
More reliable Software Update, various code cleanups and optimisations, and a new version of the 7-Zip compression core.
- Version 1.6.1 | Release Date: 2007-04-26 | Download
Non-common glyphs, such as german umlauts, are now properly saved and restored. Also, version 1.6.1 supports new types of segmented archives, and features some decent speed improvements.
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2007-02-03 | Download
- Macintosh resource forks and Spotlight metadata are now stored in regular 7z archives using the AppleDouble standard rather than the proprietary Safe 7z format. An AppleDouble-compatible tool is still required in order to properly decompress these archives on a Mac.
- The reminders for donations which were present in the past releases of 7zX have been removed.
- Important portions of 7zX's source code have been rewritten, cleaned up and optimized.
- All components used by 7zX have been updated to the latest release.
- Version 1.4.2 | Release Date: 2006-07-13 | Download
- No changes specified