- Version 4.4.10 | Release Date: 2012-06-01 | Download
Added support for Gatekeeper in Mountain Lion
- Version 4.4.6 | Release Date: 2012-02-01 | Download
• Improved handling of tweet gaps in the timeline
• Now supports all twitterrific:// URL schemes (for bookmarklets)
• No longer triggers discrete GPU on MacBook Pro with Lion (saves power)
• Fixed a bug that would cause OAuth authorization dialog to appear sporadically
- Version 4.4.3 | Release Date: 2011-11-30 | Download
• Advanced preference to reset tweet caches & clear all timelines
• Search results now show the real name of the author and not just their username
• Adjustments to the ‘Load More’ button for better handling of gaps
• Auto-refresh when posting a tweet so you don’t have to back-track to catch up
• More reliable color coding of tweets especially in lists, search results, etc.
• Copying a t.co link in a tweet resolves into the complete URL when pasted or emailed
• Conversation information now displayed on RT’s when available
• Images in the photo viewer popover are now cached for faster browsing
• Tapping the broken image icon in the photo viewer will re-load the picture
• Deleting an account now removes the tweet database associated with that account
• RT’d tweets now display the time stamp of when they were originally posted
• Better handling of non-image Camera+ URL’s (for blog posts & videos)
• Added the ‘Load More’ button to the tweet list of user profiles
• More reliable handling of video URL’s (open in browser)
• Feedback spinner displayed when loading tweets from user profiles
• Fixed an old bug preventing stock quotes ($APPL, etc.) from linking
• Sometimes the “(number) new tweets” status bar reported an incorrect number
• Fixed a problem causing incorrect character counts when composing tweets with bare URL’s
• Fixed a bug that prevented fav’ed tweets from displaying within lists
• Fixed a bug that scrolled timeline to the bottom when deleting a tweet at the top
• Fixed a parsing problem that prevented URL’s containing <,> from working
• Fixed a problem where links to lists were linking to user profiles instead
• Fixed several problems that prevented some user’s avatars from loading
• Remembers if the app was in full screen mode between launches on Lion
- Version 4.3 | Release Date: 2011-08-09 | Download
• Twitterrific now syncs timeline positions across all versions via Tweet Marker
– Turn on Tweet Marker feature via Settings
– Adjust to view synced position or auto-scroll to position on refresh
• Support for notifications of normal tweets with Growl (via settings)
• Refinements to full-screen mode in Lion
– Cmd+Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut to toggle full-screen mode
• Refinements to scrolling in Lion
• Improved t.co and Twitter picture handling
• Support for displaying campl.us images inline
• Improved handling of errors associated with incorrect time & time zones
• Graphical refinements to popovers, timeline and buttons
• Links to Instagram blog entries open correctly in the browser
- Version 4.0 | Release Date: 2011-02-10 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.2.2 | Release Date: 2010-02-18 | Download
Removed warning about using special characters in password since itâs no longer needed
Updated to read new retweet data in timeline
Fix a problem with % and # in URLs not being opened correctly in browser
Tweets that arrive out of order will now be displayed correctly
Updated code to load Deck ads
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2009-01-29 | Download
* Old tweets are marked as read when you launch the application
* Added rate limit check at startup
* Changed HTTP authentication to make access more reliable through a proxy
* All communications with Twitter are now encrypted using HTTPS
* Up to 200 tweets will be read into your timeline
* Added reply ids to posted messages for more accurate conversations
* A menu is now available on the Dock icon when enabled via settings
* Fixed many problems with accessibility: VoiceOver now reads correctly
* Fixed problems with old tweets causing false notifications
* A crash when starting up on Tiger was fixed
* Errors on Twitter no longer cause the menubar to highlight
* Reduced API usage when opening configuration panel
* Changed the warning indicator so it doesnât block out character count
* Fixed problems with adding favorites (Cmd-1)
* Improved link detection so more types of URLs can be clicked
* Several updates to adjust application to Twitter infrastructure changes
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2008-02-28 | Download
- The cursor is now hidden after selecting a tweet; it reappears when you move the mouse. This makes it easier to read the tweets when you are using the keyboard.
- Changed Growl notifications so that they are displayed from oldest to newest. Also added a summary if there are more than five new tweets (this threshold can be adjusted using the Power User preference "growlMaximumShown"â”see the Read Me for more details.)
â¢Â Added a new preference to control the scrolling of the tweets in the window: you can automatically scroll to the newest tweets, to the tweet you last selected, or to keep the same view as before.
- Added some keyboard shortcuts that mimic similar operations in NetNewsWire: the spacebar moves to the next tweet that is unread, the 'k' key will mark all tweets as read, and the 'u' key will mark a tweet as unread. Holding down the shift key while hitting the spacebar moves in the opposite direction.
- The keyboard shortcut â2 is no longer allowed on a direct messageâ”muscle memory made it too easy to turn a private conversation into a public one.
- Added a Power User preference to display the @screenname instead of the user's full name. And yes, we do have plans to make this more elegant.
- The delay to automatically hide the window will be extended if you are scrolling through the tweet list with the scroll wheel. On Leopard, this allows you to mouse over the inactive window and read through multiple tweets without the window disappearing.
- Added an action menu for the currently selected tweet: it shows keyboard shortcuts and other functions available in Twitterrific. Changed the favorites button into a reply button since that's a much more common activity.
- Avatar images are loaded asynchronously resulting in a faster and smoother display (particularly on Leopard.)
- Fixed several problems which caused duplicate notifications to be issued for tweets that happened in the past.
- Changing logins (with âL) on Leopard will no longer hang or end up with extraneous tweets.
- Status message updates will now work with Adium version 1.2 and later. Because of AppleScript changes in Adium that are not backward compatible, status updates will no longer work in older versions.
- Plugged a memory leak in each tweet received. Over a long period of time, this caused Twitterrific to swap memory and run more slowly.
- The icons to the right of the tweet are no longer displayed for error messages.
- Fixed a bug where posted messages would be truncated when the < and > characters were used. Thanks to Drew Thaler for a very insightful tweet that helped me solve this vexing problem.
- Fixed a problem where the highlighted menubar or Dock icon would be reset because of an ad.
- The count on the Dock icon is now cleared when you quit.
- A trailing period will no longer be included with links in the tweet.
- Added a check so that â2 and âD won't overflow the text counter.
- Avatar images whose URL contains UTF-8 characters are now loaded and displayed correctly.
- Fixed the spelling of advertisement.
- The status indicator in the menubar or Dock is no longer reset when the selected tweet changes.
- Session cookies are now cleared at startup to prevent tweets from the previous login from appearing.
- Fixed some redraw issues caused by the notification window losing focus.
- Added teh snappy to get rid of The Marble of Doom.
- Version 3.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-11-09 | Download
- Added a power user preference to set the protocol
- Changed refresh to minimize âbad requestâ errors
- Fixed a problem with links in @screen_name_with_underscores
- Updated application icon to use 512Ã—512 resources
- Lowered connection timeout from 55 seconds to 25 seconds
- Fixed a display issue with the connection status indicator
- Notifications are no longer generated when errors occur
- Fixed a problem with HTTP 304 errors being reported
- Fixed a crash on Leopard when using HTTP authentication and proxies
- Notification sounds are back to birds instead of cameras
- Plugged memory leaks
- Changing logins (âL) on Leopard can hang, see Whatâs New for workaround
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-11-01 | Download
- Twitterrific now handles multiple sources of tweets in the list. Normal timeline updates are gray while replies to you (@yourusername) are colored orange. Your direct messages are displayed in blue with a letter icon.
- An AppleScript scripting dictionary was added thanks to a contribution from Grayson Hansard at From Concentrate Software. Please refer to the TwitterrificScriptDemo.scpt file for more information on how to access Twitterrific from your AppleScript.
- The dialogs for connection errors have been replaced with a message in the tweet list that explains the last error (only one error is displayed.) To turn this feature off, uncheck "Show errors in tweet list" in the System panel of the configuration window.
- If you are using the Dock instead of the menubar, the Dock icon now contains an unread message count. The count will be displayed in orange if any new tweets have arrived since the window was last opened. The menubar icon will also be removed if you are using the Dock to control Twitterrific.
- The volume of the bird sounds used to alert you to new tweets is now adjustable using the Sound > Sound Effects panel in System Preferences.
- Improved configuration interface for updating status with chat clients. There was some confusion about how this feature worked in the last release, so we tuned up the user interface. Also, some users were getting "Where is application?" errors, so you must now choose the chat application you want to use.
- You can now select any tweet in the list and use âC to copy its URL to the clipboard.
- If you post something by accident, you can now delete the tweet: just select it in the list and press ââ«. You cannot delete someone else's tweet.
- The arrow keys can now be used to open URLs from the tweet list: the right arrow opens all links in the tweet and the left arrow opens the user's "with others" page.
- Added a warning dialog when there are no tweets to download from Twitter. This will help new users who are just getting started.
- Two new power user preferences were added: tweetScreenNameFilter and tweetTextFilter. These preferences allow you to filter out tweets based on either a tweet's screen name or the text in the message. See the Read Me file for more information on how to configure and use them.
- Screen names in tweets (@name) are now linked to the user's page at Twitter.
- A power user preference for Sonic Twoosh Technologyâ¢ was added to let you know when your tweet is "extra special."
- Development of Twitterrific is now being funded in part by advertisements from The DECK. You can still use Twitterrific free of charge, but for every hour you run you'll be shown a single ad. Registering the software for $14.95 eliminates all advertising and helps support future development and improvements.
- Fixed some rendering issues when displaying the tweet list in Leopard.
- If the tweet window is displayed, but not active, the hotkey will now make the window active instead of closing it.
- Fixed a bug with < and > appearing as > and < in the user name.
- Some characters in passwords can be a problem when Twitterrific tries to communicate with Twitter. A warning dialog will be displayed if you use non-alphanumeric characters in your password.
- Changing logins (with âL) sometimes hangs on Leopard due to a bug with sheets in the new OS. The workaround is to turn off automatic login in the System tab of the configuration window, quit Twitterrific, and then restart to login with a different account.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2007-06-06 | Download
- Keychain is used for multiple Twitter logins
- Added Growl support
- Tweets can be processed with AppleScript
- Added support for NetNewsWire
- Tweet URLs can be dragged into other applications
- Reorganized configuration panel to reduce clutter
- Added window customization with transparency, shadows and font size
- New hidden preferences for power users
- Added frickinâ laser beams to the Easter egg
- A warning was added when tweets exceed 140 characters
- Multiple URLs in a tweet will be linked correctly
- Added alerts to warn of problems with Twitter API
- Preference saving is more robust
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2007-04-04 | Download
- Tweets can be displayed inline. Use the "Expand all tweets in list" option in the configuration panel to set this display mode.
- The text entry area can be resized. Just grab the knob between the text field and the tweet list and drag it.
- Added a scrollbar to the list of tweets.
- Tweets now maintain true read/unread states.
- The main window snaps to the edge of the screen.
- Tweets can be marked as a favorite by clicking on the tweet's heart icon.
- Twitterrific can now be configured to behave as a standard Dock application. After placing a checkmark for "Show an icon", restart and you'll have a Dock icon.
- Updated to use a quicker Twitter API when refreshing the tweets. This new API places less load on the Twitter servers when there are no new tweets from your friends.
- Spelling misteaks are highlighted as tweets are entered.
- Added Cmd-2 to send a response to the author of the selected tweet.
- Added Cmd-D to send a direct message to the author of the selected tweet.
- Added new notification sounds and the ability to select them randomly.
- Holding down the Option key while clicking on the "t" icon loads the "with friends" page at Twitter. You can also get this page by double-clicking on the tweet.
- New menubar icon.
- Added a new progress indicator. The new indicator is easier to see and will display a yellow triangle when there have been connection problems.
- Twitterrific can now update your iChat/Adium/Skype status using your last tweet. Select the "Update chat status" preference in the configuration panel and the status in all running chat applications will be updated.
- Added tooltip for tweet text that shows when it was posted.
- Added Quit and Configure buttons during startup.
- The text of the tweet is no longer truncated. The size of the tweet view adapts to the length of the tweet.
- The text insertion point and text field selection color are more readable.
- URL connections will no longer overlap causing refresh and posting problems.
- Improved checks and importing of XML data that is returned by Twitter.
- Fixed a memory allocation bug that could cause random crashes while sending or receiving tweets.
- Fixed a network connection bug that would cause refresh or posting to stop working.
- Version 2.0b6 | Release Date: 2007-03-31 | Download
â¢ Fixed a network connection bug that would cause refresh or posting to stop working. If Twitter went offline for maintenance, Twitterrific would shutdown the network connection in a way that prevented further connections from being established.
â¢ Turned on logging for network connections. The Console will now show messages from Twitterrific as it connects to Twitter. This should help us track down any remaining problems with connectivity.
â¢ Added a tooltip for tweet text that shows when it was posted. This is a quick fix. We'll investigate a more elegant solution in a future release.
â¢ Added Quit and Configure buttons during startup. There's nothing we can do about the length of time that the startup screen is displayedâ”it's a function of how fast Twitter responds to our request.
â¢ Added logging for missing images. There have been cases where changes to the Twitter API have caused avatar images to not show up. This change will tell us where the problem is so we can notify Twitter.
â¢ Still no Growl support, but we've started reading the SDK documentation :-)
- Version 2.0 beta | Release Date: 2007-03-25 | Download
Version 2.0 - March 29th, 2007
â¢ Tweets can be displayed inline. Use the "Expand all tweets in list" option in the configuration panel to set this display mode.
â¢ The text entry area can be resized. Just grab the knob between the text field and the tweet list and drag it.
â¢ Added a scrollbar to the list of tweets.
â¢ Tweets now maintain true read/unread states.
â¢ The main window snaps to the edge of the screen.
â¢ Tweets can be marked as a favorite by clicking on the tweet's heart icon.
â¢ Twitterrific can now be configured to behave as a standard Dock application. After placing a checkmark for "Show an icon", restart and you'll have a Dock icon.
â¢ Updated to use a quicker Twitter API when refreshing the tweets. This new API places less load on the Twitter servers when there are no new tweets from your friends.
â¢ Spelling misteaks are highlighted as tweets are entered.
â¢ Added Cmd-2 to send a response to the author of the selected tweet.
â¢ Added Cmd-D to send a direct message to the author of the selected tweet.
â¢ Added new notification sounds and the ability to select them randomly.
â¢ Holding down the Option key while clicking on the "t" icon loads the "with friends" page at Twitter. You can also get this page by double-clicking on the tweet.
â¢ New menubar icon.
â¢ Added a new progress indicator. The new indicator is easier to see and will display a yellow triangle when there have been connection problems.
â¢ Twitterrific can now update your iChat/Adium/Skype status using your last tweet. Select the "Update chat status" preference in the configuration panel and the status in all running chat applications will be updated.
â¢ The text of the tweet is no longer truncated. The size of the tweet view adapts to the length of the tweet.
â¢ The text insertion point and text field selection color are more readable.
â¢ URL connections will no longer overlap causing refresh and posting problems.
â¢ Improved checks and importing of XML data that is returned by Twitter.
â¢ Fixed a memory allocation bug that could cause random crashes while sending or receiving tweets.
- Version 1.1.1 | Release Date: 2007-02-16 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo