- Version 2.4 | Release Date: 2011-07-29 | Download
- Afloat is now fully compatible with Lion, including full app compatibility.
- Fixed several bugs that involved Afloat only dragging away, floating or making transparent only a part of the window.
- Afloat can now be disabled on a per-app basis using the Terminal.
For more information on this release, see the release notes at infinite-labs.net/afloat.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2009-10-30 | Download
Finally, Snow Leopard support.
Please note: Mac OS X 10.5 users are still supported through an older download.
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2009-01-01 | Download
Afloat 2.1.1 contains the following new features:
- AppleScript support.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Contains PlugSuit 1.5.7, a recommended update.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2008-11-29 | Download
Pin to Desktop: Choose Window > Adjust Effects and select Pin to Desktop to pin any window to the desktop. It will remain "glued" to the desktop's wallpaper, just below desktop icons, and is accessible when using ExposÃ© to reveal the desktop.
Resize Anywhere: Hold down the Command key and Control key and drag a window with the right mouse button (or with two fingers on the trackpad) to resize it.
- Version 2.1b1 | Release Date: 2008-11-15 | Download
Afloat 2.1 beta 1 brings the following improvements:
- Pin any window to the desktop from the Adjust Effects pane.
- Resize Anywhere: hold down command and control and drag with the right mouse button (or with two fingers on the trackpad) to resize a window without having to reach for the bottom corner.
- More Cocoa applications are now compatible with Afloat (including Xcode).
The download package contains PlugSuit 1.5.6 beta 1.
- Version 2.0r5 | Release Date: 2008-04-23 | Download
Version 2.0r4 includes the previous version of Afloat 2.0, but installs PlugSuit 1.5.4, which has important fixes. Updating is recommended to all users of Afloat.
- Version 2.0r3 | Release Date: 2008-04-08 | Download
Version 2.0r3 solves a rare issue related to Code Signing. You don't have to update, but this update can make Afloat work on machines where it would previously not work at all without apparent errors. See the release notes for more details.
- Version 2.0r2 | Release Date: 2008-03-31 | Download
Afloat 2.0r2 contains an updated installer that fixes installation bugs. Afloat itself hasnÃ¢ÂÂt changed. If you installed Afloat 2.0 successfully, there is no need to redownload and reinstall. See http://infinite-labs.net/afloat/new-in/2.0r2/ for details.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2008-03-29 | Download
No longer a beta version. Better installer and a guide included in the download.
- Version 2.0b5 | Release Date: 2008-03-20 | Download
This beta release includes many fixes and tweaks to Afloat and PlugSuit, including compatibility with Adium and a "keep afloat" gesture for multitouch trackpads.
- Version 2.0b4 | Release Date: 2008-03-18 | Download
Version 2.0b4 is the first public beta release of Afloat 2, which includes the following features:
- Works correctly in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Improved, rewritten core engine. (Again.)
- New, HUD-style user interface.
- "Keep this window on all Spaces"
- "Show this Window's File in Finder"
This is an experimental version. Please read the "Read Me" file included in the download before using it.
- Version 1.0b4 (v40) | Release Date: 2006-12-16 | Download
No functional changes from 1.0b4, but the following bugs have been fixed:
- Rosetta applications no longer crash while Afloat is enabled. (important!)
- Animations have been disabled on Intel Macs due to "flickering" bug.
- Various crashing bugs and memory leaks are now gone.
- Version 1.0b4 | Release Date: 2006-12-11 | Download
This version is a rewritten-from-scratch experimental version that adds a nice "Overlays" feature that's used to make click-through windows, a new experimental core, and it's open source to boot!
- Version 1.0b3 | Release Date: 2006-08-05 | Download
- Afloat is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9
- Afloat now allows for window moving by dragging them from anywhere in the window (not just the menu bar)
- Window transparency can be set by scrolling the mouse wheel.
- Floating windows fade in when the mouse is over them and fade out when the mouse leaves them.
- Afloat is localized in Traditional Chinese (thanks to lOUDsCREAMER at http://www.xanga.com/loudscreamer) and Polish (thanks to promethe at http://promethe.info).
For more information, see the included Read Me file.
- Version 1.0b2 | Release Date: 2006-07-24 | Download
- Afloat is now compatible with more Cocoa applications (for example, GarageBand).
- Afloat is now a preference pane for System Preferences and does not need Installer packages to be installed. Installing Afloat, removing it and upgrading to future versions of it will not require an administratorâs name and password. (Upgrading to this version from the first pre-release requires authentication only once.)
- Afloat can now be disabled without removing it.
- Afloat is now more reliable and refrains from loading in some system applications (especially those required to remove or disable it in case something goes wrong, like the Dock or System Preferences).
- The command known in the previous version as âKeep Floatingâ was renamed to âAlways on Topâ. The âKeep Floatingâ command in this version quickly makes a window transparent and always on top (and toggles between these two states).
- Keyboard shortcuts were added to quickly set a windowâs transparency level.
- Version 1.0- (pre-release) | Release Date: 2006-07-15 | Download
- No changes specified