- Version 1.0.5 | Release Date: 2008-09-20 | Download
1) Fixed subfolder downloading: when a folder is downloaded with subfolders, the folder hierarchy is now preserved to the least common path (thanks Kratos)
2) Much better Linux support - added support for the Java 6 system tray - no more need for native libraries to run Alliance on Linux (thanks Kratos)
3) Alliance is now allowed to start if system tray is not supported (thanks Kratos)
4) Generally better management of the system tray on various operating systems
5) Alliance firewall: IP Rules (Access Control Lists) You are now able to setup ip address ranges to specifically allow or deny alliance to connect to, or accept connections from (thanks Kratos)
6) Added support for Plugins - will be useful for people that want to create bots for an Alliance network
7) Friends that have not been online for 100 days are automatically removed from friend list
8) fixed wordarounds for top three most reported bugs (using the "send error" function)
9) fixed bug: when writing to a file into a alliance shared directory alliance continually tries to hash the file (thanks Kratos)
- Version 1.0.4 | Release Date: 2008-06-05 | Download
1) Support for using Alliance over a LAN - Look for "LAN support" under options. This disables the port check and uses your internal IP number.
2) If the settings file is corrupt the backup version of the settings are automatically loaded.
3) A user friendly message is shown when a user tries to run Alliance on a Mac from a mounted image.
4) Added a command in chat windows: "/clear". Clears the entire chat.
5) Fixed bug: chat test field no longer loses focus when sending message.
6) Fixed: Automatic upgrade dialog is shown maaaany times.
7) Fixed Several crashes.
- Version 1.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-05-17 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 0.9.8 | Release Date: 2007-05-29 | Download
+ Speed column shown in search result - approximates the download speed you will get when you choose to download the file
+ Added ETA on every search result - approximates the time it would take you to download the file - if you choose to do so
+ Added popup menus in friend tab and download tab
+ Alliance now works on Java 6.0
+ Alliance no longer selects listening ports higher than 40000
+ Files that you already have are shown grayed-out in search results
+ Download grid in download tab has a smarter selection of what download to display
+ You can see yourself in the friend list
+ People that have been online for a very long time are not visible in the userlist of your friends
+ Fixed bug: When number of sources no longer shown as "1.0" when there's actually 10 sources
+ Fixed bug: Two similar folder names can now be shared