- Version 2.0.0 | Release Date: 2012-10-26 | Download
Anki 2 is a new version of Anki that has been in development for over a year and a half. It's faster, easier to use, and more stable than previous versions.
Please Read This
Your time is precious, and you may not have time to read this whole document - that’s fine. But please read this section, as it points out a few things that are most likely to cause surprises in the new version.
If you used Dropbox with previous versions of Anki, please read the next section before upgrading.
If you ever exported & imported .anki decks in the previous version, please read this section before upgrading.
Reviews are limited to 100/day by default.
When you answer "again", there are now two learning reviews of the card, so the learning (orange) count will increase by two.
Cloze deletion has been much improved, but now requires you to select a special cloze type (the top left button in the Add window).
Selective study is still possible, but is done differently. You can either move cards into different decks (via Change Deck in the card browser), or create a filtered deck that searches for particular tags, card properties and so on.
If you study material in multiple directions / used multiple card templates, please see this section for info on how cards are selected now.
Anki only checks the first field to see if it’s unique now.
If you are missing decks or cards in Anki 2, please see this section.
If you delete a deck and sync, that deck will now be deleted on your other devices as well.
The rest of this page describes all the changes in more detail. For more information, please also see the user manual, which has been completely rewritten for version Pre.
- Version 1.2.6 | Release Date: 2011-02-02 | Download
Significant changes from Version 1.0. See website for detailed listing: http://ankisrs.net/changes.html
- Version 0.9.9.8.5 | Release Date: 2009-08-08 | Download
* Browser improvements:
o Toolbar for quick access to common commands. Right click to enable/disable.
o Suspend and Mark are now toggles
o Marked cards show up in blue
o Inactive cards show up in red (and suspended as yellow)
* Importing improvements:
o SuperMemo XML importer from Petr Michalec
o Fix problems caused by the differences in Mac/Windows/Unix newlines in text files
o Fix custom field separator sometimes being reset
* Improved translations: Contributing translations is much easier now: just go to launchpad. Anki now ships with translations for 24 different languages. Some of the translations are not complete - please contribute if you can!
* Export original media: 'Tools|Advanced|Export Original Media' will copy all your media files into a new directory with their original names (not hashes).
* LaTeX handling more robust when sharing decks. If you've used the cache latex option, you'll need to run it again.
* Fixed the deck failing to lock on some Linux distros with older DB libraries. Before, if you opened Anki twice on the same file, it was possible for the deck to be corrupted.
* Fix the deck being marked as modified on previous upgrade, which could cause the next sync to go in the wrong direction
* Exporting facts and cards now exports in creation order
* 'Generate cards' gives the newly generated cards the fact creation time, so that the generated cards appear soon after the other cards of that fact
* Deck is backed up before sync, not just on open
* Fixed problem where some shared decks were not readable
* Switching between ordered and random new card display is immediate. Selecting twice will reshuffle the cards.
* Shared deck browser has a modified date you can sort by
* Deck and card stats have been tweaked
* When previewing cards, all possible card models are shown
* Previously, Anki had 5 year maximum interval cap. This was an arbitrary limit with no evidence to argue for its use, so it has been removed. You can still customize it in a plugin if you wish.
* Fix for drag & drop of files in a Gnome environment, thanks to Timo.
* 'Select fact' in browser much faster
* Cache/uncache LaTeX now has a progress bar
- Version 0.9.9.7.4 | Release Date: 2009-04-11 | Download
- New audio playing method on OSX, as the previous one could cause Anki to crash. Please test and report any problems.
- Revert to older GUI library on OSX, as the latest has some remaining bugs. OSX 10.3 should be working again now, too.
- Relax sync time check to 5 minutes
- Some optimizations to deck load time
- Option to hide due count only hides it while reviewing now
- Set background colour properly in preview window
- Don't mark deck modified when clicking 'start studying', unless options changed
- Don't require libanki to be installed to configure ankiqt
- More translation work from Sanna
- Remove 'tab to add' functionality; it was unpopular
- More Taiwanese translations from Mark
- Version 0.9.5.7 | Release Date: 2008-04-02 | Download
Fix bug on last remaining card introduced in 0.9.5.6.
- Version 0.9.5.6 | Release Date: 2008-04-01 | Download
* Two more 'earliest card due in future' fixes
* Use temporary working directory when generating latex (fix OSX problems)
* Fix cards being marked as mature too early
* Mature cards are now defined as cards with an interval over 21 days, instead of cards with a previous interval of over 9 days
* Japanese translation updates from IanL and wrightak
- Version 0.4.2/3 | Release Date: 2008-01-27 | Download
- No changes specified