- Version 1.6.0 | Release Date: 2009-10-09 | Download
- Latest release of open source 3D renderer focuses on major performance improvements and adds multi-layer support to OpenEXR display driver along with Houdini plugin.
LONDON, UK - October 9, 2009 - Aqsis Team, the developers of professional open source rendering software, announced today the immediate release of Aqsis Renderer 1.6.0; its leading cross-platform 3D rendering solution adhering to the RenderMan standard.
This is the accumulative effort of many developers and community members around the world, resulting in a leaner and more competitive solution.
General optimisation and performance has been the primary focus for this release, with improvements including:
- Avoiding sample recomputation at overlapping bucket boundaries.
- Refactored sampling and occlusion culling code.
- Enabled "focusfactor" and "motionfactor" approximation by default, for depth-of-field and motion blur effects respectively.
- Improved shadow map rendering speed.
- Faster splitting code for large point clouds.
In addition, key feature enhancements have been made with improvements including:
- Multi-layer support added to OpenEXR display driver.
- Side Effects "Houdini" plugin.
- New RIB parser, supporting inline comments and better error reporting.
- Matte "alpha" support, for directly rendering shadows on otherwise transparent surfaces.
- Refactored advanced framebuffer (Piqsl).
- Texturing improvements.
- Enabled "smooth" shading interpolation by default.
Further information regarding the changes in this release can be found within the release notes distributed with the software.
- Version 1.4.2 | Release Date: 2009-01-22 | Download
This is mainly a bugfix release, resolving the following issues:
* Incorrect fixed-size integer types in ndspy.h on some platforms.
* Missing 8-bit character encoding.
* Uniform user parameters not working for SDS.
* Correct the array length count as passed by the RIB parser into RiColorSamples.
* Fix texture(..., "lerp", 1) which incorrectly used mipmap level 1 when magnifying a texture.
* Intermittent aqsl segfault when typechecking functions, especially external DSOs.
* Fix the installation details for OS X to ensure visibility on the PATH.
... and more.
- Version 1.4.1 | Release Date: 2008-11-12 | Download
- No changes specified