- Version 2013.433 | Release Date: 2013-06-25 | Download
What's New in Version 2013.433
‣ The application no longer incorrectly reports that there is insufficient disk space when copying files on 32-bit machines running OS X v10.6.8 Snow Leopard.
- Version 2012.374 | Release Date: 2012-02-29 | Download
What's New in Version 2012.374
‣ The help relating to deleting items from iTunes and iPhoto libraries no longer appears in spurious circumstances.
‣ A message no longer appears in the OS X system console when selecting all items (Cmd+A) in the item preview pane.
- Version 2012.370 | Release Date: 2012-02-09 | Download
What's New in Version 2012.370
‣ The user interface has been significantly refined to make FDF easier and more enjoyable to use.
‣ OS X Lion fullscreen mode is supported.
‣ Quick Look is supported from within FDF.
‣ The resume feature of OS X Lion is supported. For this to work, the OS X ‘General’ > ‘Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps’ setting must be enabled in the System Preferences.
‣ The scan results table is much more flexible. It can show ‘All scanned items’, ‘All occurrences of items with duplicates’, ‘The first occurrence of each duplicated item’, ‘The other occurrences of each duplicated item’, or ‘Items without duplicates’. For more information, please see the ‘Using Araxis Find Duplicate Files’ help topic.
‣ Separate ‘Delete Selected’ and ‘Move Selected To…’ buttons have replaced the previously configurable file deletion method preference.
‣ A last resort ‘put back’ capability is provided for files that have been moved (but not deleted). For more information, please see the ‘Using Araxis Find Duplicate Files’ help topic.
‣ It is possible to save the list of items displayed in the scan results table to a text file.
‣ The ability to process items with an external application works directly on the items selected in the scan results table. (‘File’ > ‘Process Items Selected in the Scan Results Table…’)
‣ The Size column of the scan results table now shows item sizes in human-friendly units.
‣ When trying to delete or move files and user intervention is required, there is now an option to apply the Yes, No or Cancel choice to all other files with the same problem.
‣ Appropriate guidance and caution is offered when FDF notices that the user is trying to delete or move files from an iPhoto or iTunes library.
‣ Confirmation is now required when an attempt is made to delete all copies of a particular item. Deleting all the copies of a particular item is usually inadvertent, since it is usual to wish to keep at least one copy of each item.
‣ A warning will be given if you attempt to delete certain important system files from within FDF.
‣ When moving files (rather than deleting them), a warning will be given in potentially problematic scenarios, such as insufficient disk space being available on the destination volume.
‣ Confirmation is requested when the user asks to open a great many items in one go.
‣ The file type annotations in the preview panel are shown in a fractionally larger font than before, making them easier to read.
‣ The first selected item is made visible after changing the sort order of the scan results table.
‣ The horizontal background stripes have been removed from the list of folders to be scanned.
‣ When the table of folders to be scanned has focus, the Backspace key will now remove selected folders.
‣ When sorting the scan results table by file or location, ordering is now case insensitive, in line with the behaviour of Finder.
‣ The right-click context menus for the scan results table and the preview panel now show shortcut keys.
‣ For consistency with Finder, the shortcut for deleting selected items has been changed to Cmd+Backspace.
‣ Images in the preview panel now fill a greater proportion of their selection rectangles.
‣ Various corrections and improvements have been made to the online help.
‣ Find Duplicate Files has a robust new scanning engine. Though as fast and efficient as before, multiple instances of the same file will never now appear in the scan results, even in unusual circumstances such as a file being the target of multiple hard links.
‣ An appropriate error message is shown when attempting to delete files for which the user does not have delete permission.
‣ The All files (*) file kinds pattern is now set by default for fresh FDF installations.
‣ Various other fixes.
- Version 2011.200 | Release Date: 2011-08-13 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version r2011 | Release Date: 2011-08-12 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo