Licence: Commercial with demo
- Version 3.0.4 | Release Date: 2012-12-04 | Download
- Fixed Bugs
- Glacier vaults which don't belong to any Arq backups are shown under "Other Backup Sets" and can be deleted.
- Arq will manage the Glacier vault deletion process, including getting the vault inventory (waiting 4 hours for the response), deleting the archives, and deleting the vault. If the vault has been written to within the past day, Amazon will not allow the vault to be deleted and Arq will display an error. Wait 24 hours and try to delete the vault again.
- Fixed an issue where Arq wasn't deleting unreferenced S3 objects during budget enforcement if there are no S3 folders being backed up.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to restore from another computer's Glacier backups caused a "failed to open file" error.
- Fixed an issue where SNS topics and SQS queues were being erroneously deleted from the user's AWS account on startup.
- Fixed an issue where Arq would give a keychain-item-not-found error when attempting to delete a backup set from "Other Backup Sets".
- Fixed an issue where Retina icon versions weren't being shown.
- Fixed an issue where the Relocate and Reveal in Finder buttons were enabled for other computers' backups.
- Updated the preferences to reflect the new S3 pricing.
- If no folders are being backed up, don't display a notification in Notification Center (or Growl).
- Version 1.7 | Release Date: 2010-12-27 | Download
- Added a view showing S3 space usage.
- Added S3 data trimming interval as a preference.
- Added 'Trim S3 Data Now...' menu item to Arq Agent.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arq Agent to crash when pausing and resuming.
- Fixed issues with trimming backups (calculating and enforcing budget).
- Ask for permission to launch Arq Agent (the first time) before launching it.
- Fixed issues with license key editing.
- Fixed an error that occurred when clearing the pause minutes field.
- Fixed an issue where, after backup versions were rewritten, Arq Agent was returning the wrong backup-version ID to Arq, and Arq was erroneously displaying zero backup versions.
- Fixed an issue with daily-backup scheduling that caused backups to run continuously for an hour.
- Reduced memory usage during Arq Agent startup.
- Fixed an issue where S3 "not found" results were being logged as errors.
- Version 1.5.16 | Release Date: 2010-11-05 | Download
- Changed Arq Agent's "check for updates" behavior. Now, by default Arq Agent does not check for app updates. You can enable Arq Agent to check for updates by checking the box in the Advanced tab of the Preferences. This feature is useful for people who don't open Arq.app often but want to know about updates. People who don't want Arq Agent conncting anywhere can disable it.
- Partially fixed the large-cache-folder problem: Arq Agent now deletes that "CommitTrimmer" directory. (More cache-reduction fixes to come).
- Fixed a crash that occurred every time you attempted to purchase a license from within the app.
- If Arq Agent is running and you delete the Arq.app bundle, Arq Agent terminates and growls about it (if Growl is installed on the computer).
- Version 1.5.12 | Release Date: 2010-08-23 | Download
Release Notes for Arq Backup Version 1.5.12
- Select an individual file to add to backups.
- If Arq is in the middle of relaunching after installing an update, don't show an error about Arq Agent not running.
- Arq Agent checks for app updates and displays a message when an update is available.
- Don't show filename as "download name" in S3 objects.
- Added help to the initial setup screen that explains what S3 keys are.
- Version 1.5.7 | Release Date: 2010-07-30 | Download
- When you click "Restore...", a window appears with the restore destination and a Cancel button, as well as a hint that you can drag-and-drop to other destinations.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive memory usage when restoring a large file.
- Fixed an issue where canceling a restore would show an error message.
- Fixed an issue with restore failing instead of retrying when some types of network errors occur.
- Don't create the (unnecessary) folder-name-to-UUID cross-reference files in S3.
- Fixed an issue with inaccurate restore progress when network errors are occurring.
- Fixed an issue with windows getting reordered when the dock icon is clicked.
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2010-07-16 | Download
- Configurable backup schedule: hourly, once/day at a certain time of day, or manually.
- Back Up Now feature.
- Pause backups for an amount of time you choose. Resume early if you wish. ('Pause' is better than 'stop' because you won't have to remember to start it again).
- Progress indicator next to the "Other Computers" heading in the source list (on the left side of the window) so you can tell when Arq is still scanning for other computers' backups in the S3 data.
- More informative status messages such as "Calculating upload size" and "Finishing backup" instead of just "Backing up ..."
- Better communication of error and warning conditions.
- Estimated backup time is now calculated based on start of backup, not start of calculating upload size.
- More accurate progress bar in 2 scenarios -- when saving the "packs" of small files, and when re-doing an initial backup that was aborted.
- More useful logging output when log level is set to Info.
- Much faster loading when browsing backups.
- More efficient caching of the set of objects in S3.
- Fixed an issue where calculating the upload size for a backup was incomplete when a permission error was encountered.
- Fixed issues with high memory usage in both Arq and Arq Agent.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the "Start at Login" preference from persisting.
- Fixed 2 issues where packs weren't being read correctly, leading to "object not found" errors.
- Fixed regression bug in restoring file permissions correctly for root-owned files.
- Fixed an issue where the folder's progress bar was occasionally disappearing.
- Fixed an issue with trying to read extended attributes on files that don't support extended attributes.
- Version 1.4.4 | Release Date: 2010-06-18 | Download
Fixed an issue with high CPU usage when there are backup errors and it's time to verify S3 data.
- Version 1.4.2 | Release Date: 2010-06-04 | Download
- Added a scroll view around the excludes list when it gets too long to fit on the screen.
- Fixed 'Signapore' typo.
- Fixed packaging to use symbolic links and remove header files (resulting in smaller app bundle size).
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2010-05-20 | Download
- Amazon Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) support! RRS is $.10/GB (in most regions) instead of $.15/GB! Select "Use Reduced Redundancy storage class for new objects" option in the Preferences. To convert your existing objects, click "Update Storage Class of Existing Objects" in the Preferences.
- Fixed a memory leak in Arq Agent.
- Version 1.3.15 | Release Date: 2010-05-13 | Download
- Fixed an issue which made the 30-day trial expire immediately.
- Version 1.3.14 | Release Date: 2010-05-13 | Download
- "ap-southeast-1" bucket region support.
- Fixed an issue where changes to folders on remote volumes sometimes weren't detected.
- Fixed the frantic behavior on agent startup when a folder is missing.
- Fixed the frantic behavior on agent startup when the 30-day trial is over and Arq doesn't have a valid license yet.
- Allow 0 for a budget number. If budget is 0, Arq keeps just 1 backup for each folder.
- Show correct pricing numbers in budget preferences, using pricing of selected bucket region.
- Fixed long-term memory usage issues in Arq Agent.
- Log the error code and description when SecKeychainItemCreateFromContent fails (rare).
- Fixed an issue that was causing occasional temporary "not found" errors on restore: When Arq backs up, it stores small files in "packs". When a pack reaches 10MB, Arq saves it to S3. When it's done backing up it saves the last pack in S3 too. The next time it backs up, it starts with that last pack and adds to it until it reaches 10MB, at which point it replaces that last pack with the new full-size pack. The restore process was trying to read from the pack that the backup process deleted (replaced with a different pack). If you restarted Arq and tried restoring again, it found the new pack and worked fine.
- Version 1.3.10 | Release Date: 2010-03-29 | Download
- Fixed an issue with superceded packs not being deleted properly, causing "pack not found" errors.
- Preserve selection when "OTHER COMPUTERS" node is added to the source list.
- Fixed an issue with backup folder names that contain characters other than letters and numbers.
- Remember the position of the main split view's divider.
- Version 1.3.9 | Release Date: 2010-03-19 | Download
- Fixed occasional crash in Arq.app when refreshing the list of other computers' backups.
- Remember window position and size.
- Fixed issue with excludes of type "relative path" and "starts with".
- Fixed rare crash in Arq Agent when network byte counter rolls over.
- Retry on S3 timeout error.
- Fixed memory leak in Arq.app when changing S3 regions.
- Version 1.3.8 | Release Date: 2010-03-15 | Download
- Fixed issue with new folder not being backed up immediately.
- Fixed issue with SOCKS proxy environments.
- Fixed potential crash when backup folder is removed.
- Fixed issue with retrying on network error when restoring a large folder.
- Version 1.3.7 | Release Date: 2010-03-12 | Download
- Fixed issue with validating relative paths in excludes
- Fixed issue with validating budget numbers.
- Fixed issue where Arq crashes when communication with Arq Agent is unavailable.
- Version 1.3.6 | Release Date: 2010-03-12 | Download
- Fixed issue with S3 requests when computer is using an unusual time zone.
- Version 1.3.5 | Release Date: 2010-03-11 | Download
EU bucket support
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2010-03-08 | Download
- Much better problem handling and reporting. When an problem occurs on a particular file, Arq continues backing up the other files. It logs the problems and displays an indicator to the user that problems occurred.
- "Start at login" setting in preferences.
- "Show menubar icon" setting in preferences -- menubar icon is now optional.
- Added a step in the setup wizard to make it easy to back up your home folder.
- Added Delete-key binding for removing a folder from backups.
- When the Internet connection goes away during initial backup of a folder, backup just pauses until it becomes available (instead of restarting the entire backup).
- When restoring files, restore to original location if possible; otherwise restore to a "Restored by Arq" folder at the original location.
- Added workaround for Apple bug reading Finder flags on symlinks.
- Fixed issues with SOCKS support.
- Improved behavior when Internet connection is intermittent.
- If Arq Agent stops running (which only happens if Arq Agent crashes, which should be never!), Arq notifies the user and restarts it.
- Version 1.2.0 | Release Date: 2010-02-20 | Download
- View and restore from backups of other computers using the same S3 account. NOTE: This only works for backups that have the same encryption password.
- If trial expires, Arq Agent launches Arq so that the user sees the trial-expired message and understands that backups aren't happening anymore.
- Fixed crash during backup on PowerPC computers.
- Version 1.1.13 | Release Date: 2010-02-16 | Download
- Fixed issue with crash reporter on PowerPC computers.
- Show more informative message during restore when applying ownership and permissions.
- Version 1.1.12 | Release Date: 2010-02-13 | Download
- If a file disappears between getting the directory listing and accessing the file, don't fail the backup.
- Strip leading and trailing whitespace from license name and key before validating it.
- Fixed an issue where S3 object-list query returned an unexpected error and caused the Arq GUI to crash.
- Fixed an issue where bogus file type code or file creator code could cause a crash during restore.
- Version 1.1.11 | Release Date: 2010-02-11 | Download
- Fixed issue where backup wasn't being retried soon enough when an error occurred.
- Fixed issue with agent startup in a no-internet-available environment.
- Fixed issue with agent startup in a public Wifi environment where router login is required.
- Version 1.1.10 | Release Date: 2010-02-10 | Download
- Fixed up the license agreement in the Help docs.
- Version 1.1.9 | Release Date: 2010-02-10 | Download
- Fixed an issue with excessive error logging in trial mode (when there's no license key configured).
- Version 1.1.8 | Release Date: 2010-02-09 | Download
- Fixed a file-descriptor leak when saving packs and pack indexes.
- Version 1.1.7 | Release Date: 2010-02-09 | Download
- Better indicators when errors occur: the status menu icon gets an error overlay, and the main window shows which folder(s) had errors.
- Replaced confusing non-editable text area of excludes with a simple summary.
- Add help docs.
- Arq Agent is less jittery with error conditions; retries every 15 seconds instead of every second.
- Version 1.1.6 | Release Date: 2010-02-06 | Download
- Fixed a race condition where registering too early for notifications in agent startup could occasionally cause a crash.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2010-01-10 | Download
- No changes specified