- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2012-11-15 | Download
Boom gets a Retina-Boost, brings videos to life for
MacBook Pro lovers
App makes retina-display videos pop with an audio boom, localizes global support for users in China and Western Europe
Udupi, India – November 15, 2012 – The MacBook Pro with Retina Display has been lauded as the best laptop on the market, a jump ahead in the Notebook space -- boasting of an unparalleled, stunning display for videos and text images. Mac users would love to have enhanced audio experience as well as see their favorite multimedia apps. Therefore Global Delight, creators of essential Mac and iOS apps that maximize your photo, video and audio experiences, today unveiled Boom 10.8 + Retina for the MacBook Pro. Specifically designed for the MacBook Pro Retina Display laptop, this release of the award-winning sound booster and equalizer app lets MacBook Pro users finally experience Retina Display-quality videos, TV, movies and apps with booming audio, system-wide -- the way Apple intended.
With Boom, users can experience the same quality audio experience by increasing and equalizing the volume of videos, music, games, movies, TV and communications apps like Skype or FaceTime system-wide. And Boom is now available with localized Help file support in five additional languages: Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, German and French.
"With more Mac users watching music videos, TV and movies, video-chatting, and gaming, Boom lets MacBook Pro Retina-Display users take their multimedia experience to the next level," said Guruprasad Kamath of Global Delight. "Boom would improve the audio quality from the Mac's built-in Stereo speakers on the latest MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro with Retina display and the to-be-released new iMac as well." he added.
Boom is a menu bar app volume booster and system-wide equalizer that lets you increase the volume of a Mac laptop and desktop’s video and music files. Boom lets you easily boost sound for great TV and movie watching, gaming and music listening experiences. Boom is also ideal for use with communication programs like Skype and FaceTime, so users don’t have to use external speakers or lean way in to listen to other party communication. Boom enables users to increase the volume of any application or program that is playing sound, such as Netflix, YouTube, QuickTime, iMovie and the CD/DVD player.
The Boom retina-compatible app is available today for download at the Mac App Store or Global Delight's Website for $6.99. You can try it for free with a 7-day trial, or current registered Global Delight users can access this version upgrade for free on our Website.
Boom Retina-Compatible App Features:
Increase the audio quality right on your MacBook Pro with retina display’s built-in speakers
Available in English, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, German and French
Adjust your Boom equalizer to create custom presets for movies, music, online radio or streaming video
Use your trackpad to scroll-adjust the Boom volume slider
A secondary click option on Boom's status bar icon accesses your drop-down list of presets, which can be changed right away
All notifications are synced conveniently through Apple's Notification Center
Boost the audio quality of your music and video files on your Mac and enjoy improved audio on your iPhone and iPad
Boom runs on OS X® Snow Leopard (10.6.6) or later on any Intel-based Mac
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2012-05-25 | Download
· Scroll gestures for adjusting Boom volume slider in Snow Leopard and Lion OS, like the default volume slider
· Frequently markings displayed on the Equalizer bands on mouse hover for accurate setting
· Quit option in the Boom window and status bar drop-down
· Secondary click option on Boom status bar icon
· Delay in the initial audio playing reported by some users
· Sudden volume drop issue reported by users
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2011-11-18 | Download
- Some users reported that when you watch a video of a long duration, the audio goes out of sync. This is now fixed.
- When there is no sound for a continuous 5 second, CPU utilization decreases to nil. So, Boom now does not occupy any extra CPU when not in use.
- Other minor defects fixed.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2011-03-31 | Download
- Option to boost video files and save the newly boosted video
- Option to turn off all audio notifications in the Preferences
- Option to change the Channel Balance for Boom Device in Sound Preferences
- Support provided to Drag and drop entire folders into the drag area in the Boost File tab
- Reduced CPU utilization and memory usage by 50%
- UI improvement with Info button indicating the file formats supported for boosting
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2011-02-01 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($8.99)