- Version 2.2.0 | Release Date: 2013-10-26 | Download
Significantly improved overall compatibility with OS X Mavericks.
Temporary Halloween holiday theme added.
All-new preference files removal method.
Improved Intego products uninstallation.
iPhone 5c/5s, iPad Air/Mini software updates cleanup support.
Improved support for application suites uninstallation.
Cleanup completion sound added.
Minor interface improvements for Mavericks.
All known crashes fixed.
- Version 2.1.0 | Release Date: 2013-10-01 | Download
Added an Ignore List manager into Preferences.
Audio Plugins section added to Extensions Manager.
Quick Look functionality added to iPhoto Cleanup.
Free disk space monitoring feature added.
Support for Kernel Extensions uninstallation.
Integration with Gemini application.
Ability to relaunch apps automatically after cleanup.
Compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Improved social integration.
Improved drag and drop within Large & Old Files module.
Trash Monitor feature improved.
Improved Universal Binaries scanning performance.
Improved Large & Old Files filtering performance.
Large & Old Files and Uninstaller stability and usability improvements.
Further improved compatibility with Microsoft products.
Parallels and VMware products ignored in application slimming modules.
Improved uninstallation of OmniFocus.
Resolved compatibility issues with Steam games.
Optional possibility to disable heavy interface animations added.
Overall performance improvements.
- Version 2.0.5 | Release Date: 2013-07-09 | Download
- Improved folder names localizations for all paths
- Significantly decreased Universal Binaries scanning time
- Fixed all known issues related to application icons displaying in scan results
- Fixed a crash related to 'Reveal in Finder' functionality
- Several minor fixes and improvements
- Version 2.0.4 | Release Date: 2013-06-20 | Download
• User selection memory for Automatic Cleanup scans.
• Improved Login Items handling for OS X 10.8 environment.
• Grouping of multiple binary files of the same app in Uninstaller.
• CleanMyMac can uninstall itself even after trial expiration.
• Cleanup log identifies and describes the types of removal errors.
• Overall keyboard navigation improvements.
• Updated feedback and problem reporting facility.
• Internal Knowledge Base updating facility added.
• Size counters calculation issues fixed.
• Eraser module behavior improved when working with numerous items.
• Fixed post-cleanup media playback issues for all related apps.
• Current Screen Saver cannot be affected within Extensions Manager.
• Fixed RAW images post-cleanup issues in iPhoto.
• Adobe and Microsoft products compatibility issues fixed.
• 'Reveal in Finder' functionality issues fixed.
• Numerous bug fixes and improvements of Extensions Manager.
• Overall interface response improvements.
• All known crashes and exceptions fixed.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2013-04-22 | Download
- Added support for iPhoto 9.4.3
- Fixed bug with activation via the link
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2013-04-02 | Download
CleanMyMac lets you safely and intelligently scan and clean your entire system, delete large, unused files, reduce the size of your iPhoto library, uninstall unneeded apps and repair others, enable, disable and uninstall plugins, remove needless preference panes and widgets, and much more - all from one newly designed and beautifully simple interface.
CleanMyMac features eight cleaning modules, all to let you safely and intelligently scan and clean your Mac from unneeded files:
Automatic Cleanup - An intelligent algorithm that suggests to remove files which are 100% safe for deletion.
System Cleanup - Remove caches, logs, and archives, and free up system resources for a better performing Mac.
Large & Old Files - Review and remove large files and folders that haven’t been opened for a while.
iPhoto Cleanup - Significantly reduce the size of iPhoto Library by eliminating unneeded original copies of previously edited images.
Trash Cleanup - Empty Trash folders of Mac’s internal and external volumes including iPhoto Trash.
Uninstaller - Completely uninstall the apps that are no longer needed.
Extensions Manager - Review and manage all app extensions from one dashboard.
Eraser - Erase files from your system and leave no trace behind.
And one unified button for all user commands, as well as numerous hints, tips and tutorials make the communication between the app and you absolutely crystal-clear.
1) Added Chinese localization.
2) Updated Knowledge Base.
3) Improved Languages cleanup.
1) Fixed Activation problem that occurred when you cleaned 2) CleanMyMac binary with other utilities.
3) Improved Uninstaller drag-and-drop support.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later
- Version 1.10.10 | Release Date: 2013-02-14 | Download
- Version 1.10.8 | Release Date: 2012-08-16 | Download
- Whats new in CleanMyMac 1.10.8:
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization
- Sandboxed applications are now uninstalled accurately
- Fixed uninstallation of Apps Crash Reports on Mountain Lion
- Version 1.10.7 | Release Date: 2012-07-26 | Download
- Version 1.10.6 | Release Date: 2012-07-06 | Download
- What's new in CleanMyMac 1.10.6:
- Added support for iPhoto 9.3
- Updated Japanese Localization
- Updated Ignore lists
- Fixed an issue that forced VLC player to rebuild its font cache
- Version 1.10.5 | Release Date: 2012-05-22 | Download
- Version 1.10.4 | Release Date: 2012-03-23 | Download
- CleanMyMac is now localized to Japanese.
- Improved accessibility for blind people.
- Improved authorization.
- Updated Knowledge base.
- Updated About.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
- Version 1.10.3 | Release Date: 2011-12-29 | Download
- Version 1.10.3:
- Minor Uninstall Applications tweaks.
- Added ForkLift support to automatically uninstall removed applications.
- Updated Knowledge base.
- Fixed system-wide activation on Lion.
- Fixed some issues with cleaning iPod Photo Cache.
- Fixed some issues with Canon printers.
- Version 1.10.2 | Release Date: 2011-11-18 | Download
- Added support for the latest iPhoto 9.2.1
- Fixed issue with incorrect files quantity counter in iPhoto Library cleanup.
- Fixed issue with Striiv Fitness gadget.
- Fixed issue of CleanMyMac's inability to clean iPhoto Trashes in some cases.
- Fixed all known crashes.
- Updated CleanMyMac knowledge base.
- Version 1.10.1 | Release Date: 2011-10-27 | Download
- Version 1.10.1:
- Added an ability to import new CleanMyMac Themes. Check out our blog for new ones: http://macpaw.com/blog
- Improved Mac App Store Growl Support(1.3 and later).
- 'Uninstall' and 'Manage Extensions' features are now available in Demo version too.
- You can now click on 'Scan Results' to see Total Scan or Last Scan results.
- Some minor Bugs fixed.
- Version 1.10.0 | Release Date: 2011-09-21 | Download
- Version 1.10.0:
- Facebook results sharing added and improved twitter sharing behavior.
- Added search inside scan results to quickly find and remove only needed items.
- Simplified and redesigned Welcome window.
- New Help window and improved MacPaw Support Center.
- Reorganized Preferences window.
- Added Polish localization.
- Improved German, Italian and French localizations.
- Improved behavior and usability of Quick Erase and some other modules.
- Added iPhoto 9 Trashes Support.
- Improved Knowledge base, CleanMyMac will now show more accurate results in Application Uninstaller and Leftovers.
- Fixed lots of small bugs and issues.
- Version 1.9.6 | Release Date: 2011-07-21 | Download
- Version 1.9.6:
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Version 1.9.5 | Release Date: 2011-04-06 | Download
- Version 1.9.5:
- Improved code-signed applications slimming behavior.
- Fixed issue when CleanMyMac could block Disk Utility unmount operation.
- Improved Application Uninstaller module. â¨
- Updated knowledge base.
- Fixed some crashes and minor bugs.
- Version 1.9.4 | Release Date: 2011-01-25 | Download
- Version 1.9.4:
- AppStore Compatibility. Added missing uninstaller to correctly uninstall AppStore Applications.
- iOS firmwares cleanup added to Trashes & Leftovers.
- Updated Ignore list.â¨
- Fixed binaries cleanup issue when running under Rosetta.â¨
- Fixed missing iPhoto caches cleanup.
- "Sytem Junk" module reliability improved and fixed issues with python applications.
- Some minor Bugs fixed.
- Version 1.9.3 | Release Date: 2010-09-16 | Download
- Version 1.9.3:
- Added CleanMyMac Knowledge Base to eliminate all issues with Adobe, Microsoft and some other software products.
- Upgraded update manager to be able to seamlessly update all ignore lists, knowledge base and software.Â
- Added Caches Gray List and selection memory to help users make less mistakes and improve application behavior. CleanMyMac will now intellectually select only the caches that need to be removed, but keep the ability to remove some huge ones if necessary.â¨
- New Registration window and an innovative 'One Click' activation system.Â â¨
- Added Beta updating possibility for wider testing of new releases in the future.
- Improved Drag and Drop functionality. Now you can drop items on some other CleanMyMac modules.Â
- Added a Languages ignore list.Â
- Improved searching and displaying in the Caches module.
- Improved Widgets uninstaller.
- Fixed a cleanup issue that could result in breaking TimeMachine backups.
- Extensive localization improvements. German and French were completely retranslated to improve localization quality.Â
- Eliminated the possibility to remove some localization dialects when there is no main language present in the language settings list.Â
- Fixed Google Chrome cache issues.Â
- Version 1.9.2 | Release Date: 2010-07-09 | Download
- Version 1.9.2:
- Seriously improved the 'Trashes & Leftovers' module. Application Leftovers search is now able to find all the resources left after an improper application uninstallation.
- Overall performance improvements.
- 'About' window added. Just open it to find out who creates CleanMyMac :)â¨
- 'Safari Extensions' cleaner added to the Plugins section of the 'Manage Extensions' module.â¨
- 'Add to Ignore List' contextual menu item added to the 'Universal Binaries' and 'System Junk' modules.
- Drag&Drop support added to move items from 'System Junk' to Ignore List.\
- Improved user interface: when the scan is finished, the progress bar stays filled. You can see what's going on more clearly.
- Added a 'Skip' option to the 'Quit Application' dialog of the Application Uninstaller.
- Improved Application Uninstaller. It now finds even more related resources.
- Made a more usable Trash Status Monitor feature by tuning it's parameters.
- Caches Ignore List added.
- 'Reveal in Finder' functionality fixed. The option came up disabled sometimes.
- User Interface and Localization drawbacks fixed.
- All known crash events eliminated.
- Version 1.9.1 | Release Date: 2010-06-03 | Download
- Version 1.9.1:
- Introduced CleanMyMac Skins. You can choose from two default themes - "Titanium" and "Marble". It is also possible to create custom skins.
- Rare Authorization issue fixed.
- Fixed some memory leaks and known bugs.
- Initial Language configuration dialog added.
- Fixed some typos in several localizations.
- A more detailed and clear description of found items added.
- Version 1.9.0 | Release Date: 2010-05-20 | Download
- Version 1.9.0:
- "Spring" graphics updated.
- Leftovers search improved. CleanMyMac will now search for broken launch items.
- Completely redesigned graphics and improved usability.â¨
- Added some new useful cleaning features like iPhoto trash cleaning, Broken Preferences detection and removal, etc. Â â¨
- Slightly improved Leftovers search.â¨
- Added automatic Trash Status Monitor and cleanup. â¨
- iPhoto Trashes Quick View added (works on Tiger as well).â¨
- Check for code-signed applications added to prevent future cleanup-related issues. â¨
- Improved Volumes Cleaning. Volumes drag and drop support added. â¨
- Adobe Flash CS5 issue fixed.â¨
- Separated Scanners and Utilities for better usability. â¨
- Fixed all known bugs and crashes. â¨
- Fixed some issues with virtual machine images.â¨
- Locked files removal feature added. â¨
- CleanMyMac can now remove Dock icons on application uninstallation. â¨
- Lots of minor misspellings fixed in all localizations.â¨
- Slightly Improved Ignore List for more flexibility.â¨
- Improved System Junk module, added 'Apple Double' file types and other annoying bits on removable devices.
- Version 1.8.1 | Release Date: 2010-03-10 | Download
- Version 1.8.1:
- "Spring" graphics updated.
- Leftovers search improved. CleanMyMac will now search for broken launch items.
- Improved System Junk module to find even more files.
- System libraries and extensions filter added for application uninstaller.
- Displaying wrong file sizes bug fixed.
- Now CleanMyMac won't install helper tools when running from .dmg image.
- Updated Ignore List.
- Version 1.8.0 | Release Date: 2010-02-25 | Download
- Version 1.8.0:
- Volumes cleanup feature added. CleanMyMac is now able to automatically clean temporary service files created by Mac OS or Windows on your removable devices.
- 'System Junk' module added. CleanMyMac will scan for files like .DS_Store, .Spotlight-V100, Thumbs.db, $RECYCLE.BIN.
- Startup Items editor added into the Plugins extension.
- Feature Request item added to the Help menu. Users can now post their feature requests on our web-site and we will implement the 'most wanted' features.
- Fixed translation errors in most localizations.
- Added some informational warnings and alerts to improve usability.
- Updated the internal Ignore List.
- Ignore List will now allow to add applications even if they are already in the internal list.
- Lots of other bug-fixes, enhancements and optimizations.
- Version 1.7.4 | Release Date: 2010-01-15 | Download
- Added new caches folders. Now CleanMyMac will search for Leopard and Snow Leopard specific caches.
- CleanMyMac will remember what items you have unchecked on the next launch.
- Fixed issue when CleanMyMac launched to clean apps after updating this applications with AppFresh or MacUpdate.
- New checks added to warn users if they are trying to remove some of their native languages.
- Fixed some localization errors.
- Updated Sparkle preferences.
- Updated launch daemon.
- Optimized some code for faster scanning of Applications.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Version 1.7.3 | Release Date: 2009-12-24 | Download
- Package Deinstaller Added. Now you can just drag&drop installer packages into CleanMyMac to completely remove all the files that were installed by a package.
- Fixed Chinese languages cleaning issue and issues with empty and deprecated language code cleaning.
- CleanMyMac will now show a more detailed and localized languages list.
- Reorganized Preferences to make them more readable and easier to use.
- Fixed errors and crashes caused by the SIMBL plugin.
- Added a 'tweet results' button on the Welcome screen.
- Self-remove feature added.
- Fixed some Tiger issues like huge language flags and other minor errors.
- Fixed progress bars drawing issues.
- Lots of bug-fixes and interface improvements.
- Version 1.7.2 | Release Date: 2009-12-03 | Download
- Version 1.7.1 | Release Date: 2009-11-19 | Download
What has changed:
- Fixed most of the reportedÂ bugs and errors.
- Enhanced general application stability.
- Fixed several bugs in different localizations.
- Improved performance by reorganizing some code.
- Fixed bug with truncated texts.
- Added alert sheet when stop scan clicked.
- Fixed some issues with Parallels and VMWare.
- Version 1.7.0 | Release Date: 2009-11-12 | Download
- CleanMyMac will now automatically scan for application leftovers when an application is moved to Trash.
- Added Ignore List autoupdate feature so that you always have the latest ignore list of applications that should not be scanned.
- Added iPhone/iPod photo sync cache cleanup. It is recommended to cleanup these caches as iTunes piles them up on every synchronization.
- Added new uninstallers for Growl, Launch Agents, Daemons and Startup Items.
- Will show correct Finder-like file sizes.
- The Authorization module has been rewritten to fix the bug on Snow Leopard. However, it is recommended to upgrade your system to 10.6.2.
- Improved Application search. Will now find and scan much more applications.
- Minor interface improvements. Added more information about the found items.
- Fixed the crash issue on Tiger.
- Fixed activation issues for some users.
- Fixed misspellings in some localizations.
- Fixed known bugs and crash events.
- Version 1.6.1 | Release Date: 2009-10-02 | Download
What has changed:
- Added advanced bug reporter to detect and fix possible errors in the future. Just select "Report Problem..." Â from Help menu if you experience any difficulties.
- Significantly decreased memory usage.
- Added services plugins cleanup.
- Fixed some known exceptions.
- Some minor interface improvements and bug fixes.
- Version 1.6.0 | Release Date: 2009-09-25 | Download
What has changed:
- New "Development Junk" controller added, that finds and removes all files that should be removed during apps' deploying process.
- Added cleanup of Mail, Dictionary and Screensaver extensions.
- Fixed all known Exceptions and Crashes.
- Some small usability tweaks added.
- FIxed errors in localizations.
- Fixed Spanish localization issue in Snow Leopard.
- Fixed registration issues for users with non ASCII characters.
- Fixed Tiger drawing issues.
- Updated applications in the Ignore List.
- Improved General Stability.
- Version 1.5.5 | Release Date: 2009-09-07 | Download
- Version 1.5.4 | Release Date: 2009-08-28 | Download
- Version 1.5.3 | Release Date: 2009-08-21 | Download
- Enhanced general application stability
- Improved progress bars work
- Optimized CleanMyMac files and code to reduce its size
- Improved tables and outlines redrawing performance
- Fixed most of the reported Exceptions and errors
- Fixed crash in Spanish version when choosing "Extension" tab
- Fixed crash when user tries to run uninstalling from "About" screen
- Updated Sparkle to fix crash caused by the application updater
- Fixed crash when removing some Login Items
- Improved application quit feature (in application uninstaller)
- Version 1.5.2 | Release Date: 2009-07-05 | Download
- Memory usage dramatically reduced during scan. CleanMyMac will now use 80% less memory.
- Improved Application Uninstallation module. Now it will find much more trash files.
- Added Growl support. CleanMyMac will inform about scan and clean results.
- Numerous UI and usability tweaks.
- Fixed crash when needed system utilities were missing.
- Updated Applications ignore list.
- Snow Leopard compatibility added.
- Version 1.5.0 | Release Date: 2009-06-13 | Download
- Impressive UI changes.
- Significantly improved performance.
- New cleaner features added:
- Applications' plugins cleaner
- Preference panes cleaner
- Small usability tweaks.
- Memory consumption improved.
- Fixed crashes during clean in languages and universal binaries.
- Fixed Tiger "White background" bug.
- Version 1.5.0 | Release Date: 2009-06-12 | Download
- Version 1.4.0 | Release Date: 2009-05-08 | Download
- Version 1.3.0 | Release Date: 2009-04-18 | Download
- Version 1.2.0 | Release Date: 2009-04-09 | Download
- Version 1.1.0 | Release Date: 2009-02-20 | Download
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2009-02-11 | Download
1) Tiger Backward compatability fixed.
2) Activation system detailed error desckription added.
3) Some minor internal fixes.
- Version 1.0.0 | Release Date: 2009-01-16 | Download
1) Space bar was not working.
2) Table views display problems.
3) Corrected some texts and descriptions.
4) Fixed some bindings problems
5) Crash Reporter Fixed, Sparkle Framework issue.
1) Dock icon will bounce when the scan or remove finished.
2) Registration Info.
3) Updates is now digitally signed.
1) Final Version Released!
- Version 0.8.1 | Release Date: 2008-12-02 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (14.95)