- Version 2.1.16 | Release Date: 2013-12-03 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.16
- Big improvements to group chat messaging reliability.
- New feature: Save custom server configurations to quickly access later.
- Key generation speed improved by up to 40%!
- Encrypted file sharing is temporarily disabled in order to investigate a potential issue.
- Buddy context menus now have an improved look.
- Add new Kannada translation.
- Fix inconsistencies in some translations.
- Many other bug fixes, improvements, optimizations and tweaks.
- Version 2.1.15 | Release Date: 2013-10-23 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.15
- Improve connection stability.
- Fixed a bug where messages with URLs would only appear as URL and without accompanying message text.
- Modify app sandboxing to allow for Tor connectivity.
- Small bug fixes and tweaks.
- Version 2.1.14 | Release Date: 2013-09-21 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.14
- Major new feature: Cryptocat now automatically reconnects to conversations when disconnected, without troubling the user. Cryptocat will automatically detect accidental disconnections and wait for the Internet connection to be re-established before reconnecting.
- Major new feature: Cryptocat now includes built-in Tor support. When enabled, Cryptocat will automatically route all connections through the Tor anonymity network. You do not need to have Tor installed.
- Authentication via questions has been greatly improved.
- Fixed a confusing user interface bug that would allow you to ask yourself an authentication question.
- New audio notifications have been added for key generation and user connection.
- The audio notifications for user join and leave have been replaced with new ones.
- Browser window title now displays conversation names, for increased usability when running multiple Cryptocat tabs.
- Many small user interface fixes and improvements.
- Version 2.1.13 | Release Date: 2013-09-05 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.13
- Group chat in this version of Cryptocat is not compatible with previous versions. In order to be able to use group chat, all participants must update to Cryptocat 2.1.13 or higher. Due to this, this release will be delayed until it can be rolled out simultaneously across all platforms. Updating is highly recommended.
- Important change: the "Block" feature has been changed to an "Ignore" feature. You may ignore messages from users, but you can no longer prevent them from receiving your messages. Ignored users will have a strikethrough through their nickname, displayed in the buddy list.
- New feature: SMP authentication. You can now authenticate a buddy's identity by asking them a secret question.
- New feature: Message previews! Private messages for conversations not in focus are now previewed via small speech bubbles that appear next to the buddy list.
- Fixed an issue where users may be able to send group chat messages to certain participants, but not to others.
- Fixed a bug where Cryptocat would not allow the file transfer of certain types of ZIP files.
- Fixed an issue where Cryptocat would display private messages if they were received without encryption. Now, all unencrypted messages are dropped.
- Cryptocat's user interface has been improved in numerous areas.
- Add warnings for decryption failures and for situations where Cryptocat thinks a user in the conversation is sending cryptographically suspicious messages.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent buddy submenus from working if more than one was open at the same time.
- Some work was done to resolve some potential openings for cryptographic timing attacks.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent disconnection and logout messages from displaying properly to the user disconnecting or logging out.
- User join and part notifications and messages now include timestamps.
- Fixed a bug that would add an unnecessary scroll bar to the application window.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent more than two cat facts from being displayed in one session.
- Cryptocat now bounces the dock when new messages are received.
- Many translation mistakes and typos have been fixed.
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes.
- Version 2.1.12 | Release Date: 2013-08-22 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.12
- Fixed some non-critical security issues reported by Steve Thomas that slightly reduce the bits of entropy in OTR authentication. Updating is recommended.
- Fixed a pseudo-random number generator bug that causes some bias and wastes entropy. Updating is recommended.
- Fixed a user interface bug that would make nicknames hard to read under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a user interface bug that would sometimes show jagged-looking login text.
- Version 2.1.5 | Release Date: 2013-06-25 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1.5
- New feature: Block users! Prevents annoying users from sending you messages/from seeing your messages.
- New feature: Typing notification. See when a user is composing a message (both users need to be using Cryptocat 2.1.3 or higher.)
- Fixed a bug that would prevent conversations from scrolling down when tabs are switched.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nickname tab completion from working.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent some ZIP files from being transferred.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent audio and desktop notification settings from being saved.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent a user from logging back in after logging out.
- Fixed a bug that would show a vertical scroll bar on logout for no reason.
- Additional small bug fixes.
- Uighur translation has returned.
- Version 2.0.41 | Release Date: 2013-04-06 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 2.0.41" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 2.0.41
<p>- Fixed a bug that prevented text copy/paste from working.</p>