- Version 2.1.3 | Release Date: 2013-10-04 | Download
• Fixed a bug which sometimes caused previews for windows that have been closed to still be shown
• Fixed a memory leak
• Fixed issues with multiple monitors
- Version 2.1.2 | Release Date: 2013-07-11 | Download
PLEASE READ! This is a PAID ($3.99) upgrade for all DockView version 1 users.
• If you want to keep using DockView 1 and get rid of the App Store update notifications, you can download DockView 1 from http://kapeli.com/DockView.zip
• A lot of things have changes in version 2 and many settings have been removed as they were considered unnecessary. If you would like any feature/settings to be added back, please contact me and let me know
Changes in this version:
• Added back the option to disable dock badges for apps that have only one window.
• Fixed a bug which caused the full-size window previews to re-appear while switching between spaces/desktops
• Fixed a lot of bugs related to how the dock badges move/resize while the dock is animating. If you notice any case in which the badges behave differently than the dock, please let me know!
• Fixed a bug which caused dock badges to appear blurry on Retina displays
• Fixed a bug which sometimes caused previews for Finder windows to not be shown
• Fixed a memory leak
• Fixed a bug which sometimes caused previews to be shown for windows that have been closed and no longer existed
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2013-06-17 | Download
• Fixed a bug which caused DockView to hang when CMD+Tab was used
• Fixed a crash
- Version 2.1.0 | Release Date: 2013-06-14 | Download
This is a PAID ($3.99) upgrade for all DockView users.
DockView has been completely remade and should now be easier to use, with fewer bugs and less resource-intensive. It's a fresh new start for DockView.
DockView 2 features a new user interface which better integrates with the OS X Dock and feels as if it's part of the Dock.
Great care has been taken towards tracking Dock events so that the preview popover is only shown when you want it to, as well as adjust to different Dock settings like magnification or auto-hiding.
All known compatibility issues should now be fixed (e.g. TotalFinder and the Adobe apps). Application compatibility is a top priority and users should contact me if they encounter any issues with previews not being shown.
A lot of settings have been removed and DockView is now easier to set up and it "just works".
I hope you like the new DockView. You can update and test it before paying the upgrade price of $3.99. If you decide you like the old DockView better, you can still download it at http://kapeli.com/DockView.zip.
- Version 1.57 | Release Date: 2012-07-27 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to not show upcoming Calendar events in Mountain Lion
- Version 1.56 | Release Date: 2012-07-26 | Download
Fixed a bug which sometimes caused DockView to stop working.
- Version 1.55 | Release Date: 2010-12-19 | Download
Minor changes to the licensing system.
- Version 1.54 | Release Date: 2010-11-27 | Download
Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the transparent box to remain visible even if there were no previews shown.
- Version 1.53 | Release Date: 2010-10-22 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to show "654" as the space number for applications which are set to show on all spaces.
- Version 1.52 | Release Date: 2010-10-19 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to disregard Low/Medium filters for Adium.
You can now change the color and size of the Dock badges.
Minor usability tweaks related to delays.
- Version 1.51 | Release Date: 2010-10-18 | Download
Added support for BusyCal.
You can now change (i.e. delay) the time it takes for DockView to hide its preview windows.
- Version 1.50 | Release Date: 2010-10-16 | Download
Minor optimization tweaks. The control buttons of all applications should now feel more responsive.
Fixed some compatibility issues with TotalFinder.
- Version 1.49 | Release Date: 2010-10-14 | Download
Changed the style of the application badges.
Application badges will now scale with the size of the dock icon.
You can now choose which calendars to display events for.
You can now choose not to display application badges for applications with only 1 window.
- Version 1.48 | Release Date: 2010-10-13 | Download
New feature: DockView can now badge each application's icon in the Dock with the number of windows that that application has open.
New feature: DockView can now show the previews enclosed inside a rounded transparent box.
New feature: DockView can now show upcoming iCal events whenever you hover your mouse over iCal's icon in the Dock.
Added drag & drop support.
Fixed a bug which caused the preview windows to flicker while changing from one application to another.
All preview windows will now hide when any application goes into fullscreen mode.
Lots of minor bug fixes.
- Version 1.47 | Release Date: 2010-10-12 | Download
Fixed a few compatibility issues with some applications (e.g. PathFinder, Photoshop).
- Version 1.46 | Release Date: 2010-10-11 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to not work very well with Adobe Illustrator when tabs were used.
Note: if DockView isn't working with any application, please email me.
- Version 1.45 | Release Date: 2010-10-10 | Download
DockView should now show relevant previews for Adobe Illustrator CS5, using the High filter.
- Version 1.44 | Release Date: 2010-10-08 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to sometimes show previews even if there was no Dock icon highlighted.
- Version 1.43 | Release Date: 2010-10-06 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to not respond to keyboard shortcuts while Caps lock was on.
- Version 1.42 | Release Date: 2010-10-06 | Download
DockView will now show album artwork in iTunes previews.
DockView will now try to determine whether you want to see fullsize window previews or not. This should prevent any fullsize previews from flickering.
Lots of performance tweaks.
- Version 1.41 | Release Date: 2010-10-04 | Download
Added a new style for Space number badges.
- Version 1.40 | Release Date: 2010-10-03 | Download
Fixed a bug with previews for iTunes windows not showing up when minimized or hidden.
- Version 1.39 | Release Date: 2010-10-02 | Download
Optimized the filters that DockView uses to determine which windows to display.
- Version 1.38 | Release Date: 2010-09-28 | Download
Full size screenshots should now work with multiple screens.
DockView will now hide all preview windows when an application is activated, if you have the "Hide all preview windows after clicking on one" option enabled.
DockView is now a little smarter and will try to activate only when you want it to.
- Version 1.37 | Release Date: 2010-09-27 | Download
The show previews delay now works with CMD+Tab as well.
You no longer have to click on a preview in CMD+Tab, simply hover your mouse over it and release the CMD key.
- Version 1.36 | Release Date: 2010-09-24 | Download
DockView can now show full size screenshots while hovering over a preview.
The close window button will now show up as disabled for windows that can't be closed (e.g. for alert dialogs).
Fixed an usability issue that sometimes caused preview windows to disappear while the mouse was moving towards them.
Changed the way DockView handles keyboard and mouse events, to reduce CPU usage and fix a compatibility issue.
Minor performance tweaks.
- Version 1.35 | Release Date: 2010-09-22 | Download
Reduced the transparency of the Black preview style.
Added three new preview styles: Red, Green and Blue.
Fixed a bug which sometimes caused preview windows to not position correctly on systems with multiple screens.
- Version 1.34 | Release Date: 2010-09-21 | Download
Fixed a bug which sometimes prevented preview windows from closing.
Changed the link in the About window.
- Version 1.33 | Release Date: 2010-09-20 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to sometimes not activate or close windows on different Spaces.
- Version 1.32 | Release Date: 2010-09-19 | Download
Changed the way DockView handles keyboard shortcuts to reduce CPU usage and fix a compatibility issue.
DockView can now enable "Access for assistive devices". If "Access for assistive devices" is disabled, DockView will warn you at start up and will offer to enable it.
- Version 1.31 | Release Date: 2010-09-19 | Download
Changed the way DockView handles keyboard and mouse events. This should fix any compatibility issues experienced by some users.
- Version 1.29 | Release Date: 2010-09-17 | Download
Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the preview windows to flicker while caching was enabled.
Fixed a bug which prevented preview styles from being changed.
- Version 1.28 | Release Date: 2010-09-17 | Download
Fixed a bug in the license engine.
- Version 1.27 | Release Date: 2010-09-16 | Download
Added a new option to enable caching. Enabling this will increase DockView's memory usage, but DockView will be a lot faster. It's recommended that you enable it, you can find the option on the Advanced pane.
- Version 1.26 | Release Date: 2010-09-15 | Download
Added a new keyboard shortcut that hides all window previews.
Changed the preferences window, keyboard shortcuts now have their own pane.
- Version 1.25 | Release Date: 2010-09-15 | Download
Added a new preview style.
Changed the monochrome menu icon.
You can now use the previews shown in CMD+Tab just like the previews in the Dock (i.e. you can switch to a certain window and close windows).
Added a customizable keyboard shortcut and a menu option to disable/enable DockView.
Added a customizable keyboard shortcut that closes all windows which have previews shown.
Added a new option ("Set keyboard shortcuts for each preview") on the Advanced pane. Enabling it will assign keyboard shortcuts for each preview (CMD+1 to CMD+9).
- Version 1.24 | Release Date: 2010-09-13 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to sometimes crash.
- Version 1.23 | Release Date: 2010-09-11 | Download
Minor performance tweaks.
- Version 1.22 | Release Date: 2010-09-10 | Download
DockView can now hide the previews while a key is pressed.
- Version 1.21 | Release Date: 2010-09-09 | Download
You can now disable the live previews.
- Version 1.20 | Release Date: 2010-09-09 | Download
The menu icon can now be monochrome.
- Version 1.19 | Release Date: 2010-09-08 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to crash after closing a window.
Fixed a bug which prevented minimized windows from being closed.
DockView will now show previews for windows that are minimized into the Dock.
- Version 1.18 | Release Date: 2010-09-08 | Download
DockView can now run as a regular application that appears in the Dock.
Added an option to disregard filters when you have a key pressed.
Added an option to show preview windows only if you have a key pressed.
- Version 1.17 | Release Date: 2010-09-07 | Download
Changed the animation speed.
Fixed a compatibility issue with Parallels. Parallels should now work with the Medium filter.
- Version 1.16 | Release Date: 2010-09-06 | Download
Fixed a memory leak.
Fixed a compatibility issue with PathFinder.
Added a Finder-specific filter called TotalFinder. If you are using TotalFinder, you should add this filter.
DockView can now ignore applications with only one window open.
- Version 1.15 | Release Date: 2010-09-05 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to not position the preview windows correctly if Dock hiding is enabled.
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to sometimes crash when CMD+Option clicking on preview windows.
- Version 1.14 | Release Date: 2010-09-05 | Download
Optimized DockView to reduce its CPU impact when there are a lot of windows open.
Clicking on a preview window while holding CMD+ALT will hide all other applications (just like CMD+ALT clicking on a Dock icon).
- Version 1.12 | Release Date: 2010-09-04 | Download
Filters. You can now change how thorough DockView is when filtering windows, on a per-application basis.
DockView is now able to dismiss all preview windows when you click on one.
You can now choose to not display the application control buttons, if you wish.
Reduced the time it takes for the previews to dismiss after you move your mouse away from them.
- Version 1.11 | Release Date: 2010-09-03 | Download
You can now change the size of the Space number badges.
Changed the about window.
Minor performance tweaks.
- Version 1.09 | Release Date: 2010-09-02 | Download
Changed the preferences window to reduce clutter.
Minor performance tweaks.
- Version 1.08 | Release Date: 2010-09-01 | Download
Added a new style for the previews.
Fixed a bug which caused previews for Microsoft Office to not appear when the windows were hidden.
- Version 1.07 | Release Date: 2010-08-31 | Download
Extended the support for Spaces, DockView is now able to display the Space number to which a window belongs.
Changed the way DockView chooses which windows to display, floating panels and other unrelated windows should no longer appear.
The control buttons for iTunes, VLC, QuickTime and Mail will now change their size if the preview window is very small.
Changed the animation for when a new window is created.
- Version 1.06 | Release Date: 2010-08-31 | Download
When there are a lot of windows, DockView will resize the previews so that they all fit on screen.
Added control buttons for VLC and QuickTime window previews.
DockView can now ignore minimized and/or hidden windows.
DockView can now keep preview windows open even after you move your mouse away from them.
- Version 1.05 | Release Date: 2010-08-30 | Download
Fixed a bug which caused DockView to not position the previews correctly.
Made the annoying alerts a little less annoying.
Licence: Shareware ($7.99)