- Version 0.74 | Release Date: 2010-05-12 | Download
- Several small game specific fixes/hacks/support. (Offensive, Roadhog, GTA installer, Kingdom O' Magic soundcard detection, Pirate booter, Armored Fist installer)
- Add the S3-specific 640x480 256 color mode. (fixes regression in "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" and "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream")
- Fix a stack overflow that could crash DOSBox.
- Add fake microphone input. (fixes Talking Parrot)
- Modify adlib turn off code, so that it doesn't turn off in cases where the same sound is repeated over and over again.
- Several small fixes to the CDROM audio code.(HOMM2, Redneck Rampage and others)
- Several improvements to the CDROM emulation code. (fixes Alpha Storm and GT Racing 97)
- Some small CPU fixes that might fix something.
- Handle opcode 0xff subcode 7 as invalid instruction. (fixes dif-2 & others)
- Some hercules fixes. (Testdrive)
- Improve support for blanked parts that wrap around to the start of the screen. (fixes Magic Circle demo and Sid&Al)
- Remove old OPL cores as the new ones seem to work very nicely.
- Modify movie recording code so that the movies aren't corrupt when you exit dosbox without stopping the movie.
- Change RGB3x scaler to look more pretty.
- Improve initial register values compatility of the GUS.
- Added autodetection for Gameblaster. (games can find it now)
- Change render preferences a bit to be more compatible with Windows 7.
- Add DOS fixes to terminate program. (fixes Fortune Teller)
- Add FFREEP. (fixes Trucks)
- Improve FPU ST80 in C mode when writing zero. (fixes Antigok)
- Add special int10 scanline function. (fixes mz700 and probably lots of games that mess with them)
- Fix scrolling in rarely used video modes. (fixes Orphee)
- Modify game specific hacks a bit so that Kick off 3 works again.
- Lots of fixes to the INT10 video parameter table. (Seven spirits of ra and others)
- Add VGA blanking in machine=vgaonly. (used by Alien Carnage)
- CGA, PCJr, Tandy: Add video blanking, change display start latch timing, sync pulse width correction.
- PCJr, Tandy: implement vertical retrace interrupt.
- PCJr, CGA: line-by-line video emulation.
- PCJr: support on-screen change of color modes 4medium to 16low. (used by Ghostbusters booter)
- Hercules: Add green and amber monochrome support.
- All machines: only update the video timing when needed. (Jungle Hunt, others that synchronize to the video screen might profit)
- Several small DOS fixes.
- Some UMB related fixes. (The Legacy without UMB)
- Fix version number of DSP for SB 1.5. (fixes a few games)
- Several VGA emulation improvements. (Allertone football manager)
- Some Tandy fixes. (Mech Warrior)
- Small improvements and fixes to the OPL emulation.
- Add low level Tandy DAC emulation.
- Some EMS fixes. (fixes Mortal Kombat and others)
- Change SoundBlaster DSP reset mechanism, add sb irq acknowledge logic. (fixes stmik-based applications)
- Some interrupt pointer location modifications. (fixes Tinker Tales)
- Some fixes to the BOOT code. (fixes Last Mission)
- Respect write-only file information. (fixes Champions of Zulala)
- Some RTC fix. (fixes Tully Bodine and others)
- Improve mouse emulation to work better with Water World.
- Hopefully fix the translation of the configuration file.
- Speed up and fixes for the recompiler core. (pitfall2 pcjr)
- Change memory start location. (fixes 7th Guest installer)
- Several fixes to the batch file handling. (Shift and use the typed first %0 instead of the parsed %0)
- Improve file redirection and redirected line ends. (fixes Phantasmagoria 2 DOS installer)
- Fix compilation with new MAC os X version.
- Add 16C550A FIFO support to the serial port emulation.
- Improve modem emulation to get higher speeds.
- Change default samplerates to 44100, blocksize to 1024 and prebuffer to 20, so that hopefully certain soundcards produce more fluent sound playback.
- Add some rarely used, but for some games critical flags to the internal commands.
- Add -userconf flag, so that the userspecific configuration can easily be used together with -conf configfile.
- Improve internal timing with repeating timers (especially with the dynamic core).
As always read the updated documentation.
- Version 0.73 | Release Date: 2009-05-27 | Download
- Add two new opl2+opl3 emulators. (better speed, different implementation
- Improved DRO recording/better file structure.
- Add EGA emulation.
- Add special vga machine mode. Supports more of the exotic tricks like
changing the palette during screen updates, 9×16 fonts etc.
- Added special machine modes for the following svga cards:
- Fix problems with the vga split line feature.
- Improve vesa emulation.
- Add optional selection of old vesa mode for games that don't work
with certain vesa features.
- Improve video BIOS emulation to behave more like a real bios.
- Fixes for emulated 4bpp graphics modes.
- Fixes to paging system.
- Various fixes and improvements for the recompiling core.
- Add arm backend for the recompiling core.
- Add some mscdex quirks when dealing with files that are exactly 8.3 long.
- Small fixes to batch file handling.
- Small fixes to the XMS memory handling.
- Various fixes for aligned memory on hosts that want it.
- Various improvements to the mouse.
- Fixes and small speed ups to the debugger.
- Fix and improve lot's of compilation problems. (curses detection,
GCC 3.4 and GCC 4.X fixes)
- Added some basic auto keyboard layout handling. (windows only currently)
- Add basic support for evdev keyboard driver.
- Various fixes to the timer. (improve mode 2 timer changes,
implement mode 1, improve gate2 handling)
- Add audio extraction and mci audio support. Should enable CDROM audio
for Vista and adds volume control.
- Improve the directory cache speed a lot, especially with mounting slow
media like network paths.
- Various fixes to the create temporary file call.
- Don't keep batchfiles open during execution. Allows rewriting of the
active batchfile. (menu programs use this trick sometimes)
- Fix problems with filenames with 2 extensions.
- Add some more lowlevel dos tables.
- Fixes to hercules emulation.
- Fix flag handling for special case of ROR.
- Make the batchfile handling in regard to IF more flexible.
- Fixes to scrolling/panning feature.
- Add prefetch queue emulation.
- Make the emulated cpu type selectable. This is mainly the
identification commands and the way paging works.
- Some special EMS functionality added. (OS handles, zero-page handling)
- Improve support for EMS when booting a different OS.
- Improve cdrom speed detection by games.
- Improve stability of cycle guessing code, when there is background
- Fix various mscdex and cdrom detection schemes.
- Added Coremidi support on Mac OS X.
- Improve support for DOS devices when used to detect the existance
of directories in various ways.
- Add IRQ 2 emulation on VRET. (ega only)
- Added video parameter table and video state functionality.
- Increase default freespace to 250 MB.
- Some fixes to the fat filesystem handling for disk images.
- Some soundblaster fixes and command additions.
- Fix mixer 16bit direct transfers on bigendian hosts.
- Version 0.72 | Release Date: 2007-08-25 | Download
This release fixes a few bugs that slipped through when releasing 0.71.
Here a list of the changes:
* Fixed unitialized variable in joystick. (Fixes crashes on Vista and Mac OS X)
* Some bugfixes and speedups to the 64 bit recompiling core.
* Fixed sign flag on soundblaster dma transfers (Space Quest 6 intro)
* Fixed a bug in keyboard layout processing code and fixed certain layouts.
* Fixed Dreamweb.
* Improved speed unlocking when running cycles=max.
* Fixed a crash related to the tab completion in the shell.
* Improved aspect correction code. Should now be like how a real monitor handles it.
* Fixed a bug in the xms status report code. (Blake Stone 1.0 shareware)
* Added a lot more keyboard layouts.
* Fixed crash related to changing the scaler before a screen was created.
* Hopefully fixed compilation on *bsd.
* Enabled auto cpu core selection for recompiling core as well.
* Made the used joystick selectable when 4axis is specified.
* Added some hints for inexperienced DOS users to the shell.
Compatibility should be same as 0.71 and 0.70 aside from the game specific fixes.
- Version 0.71 | Release Date: 2007-07-29 | Download
A bugfix release this time, but we couldn't resist adding a few new exciting features:
* Added a new recompiling cpu core which is easier to port!
* Added a x86_64 and a mipsel_32 recompiling core.
* Fixed hangups on certain platforms after long gameplay of several games.
* Fixed several joystick bugs.
* Improved cdrom support. (fixes for audio, iso and detection.)
* Improved SVGA and VESA. (detection and display)
* Fixed a few textmodes and improved ansi emulation a bit.
* Fixed pcspeaker and certain types of soundeffects.
* Added undocumented mousebackdoor.
* Made mount and imgmount a bit easier to use. (ioctl by default, support
for ~ and ~username, auto size guessing for images)
* Fix a few compilation problems on various hosts and a general code
* Several small fixes that improve compatibility.
The compatibility should be the same as 0.70 aside from the games we fixed. (see the Changelog for details)
- Version 0.70 | Release Date: 2007-03-01 | Download
Another year and another dosbox version, again more speedups and compatibility fixes.
* Speed up the dynamic cpu core (certain games get much faster).
* Added a dynamic fpu on x86 hosts.
* Improved the cycle guessing code (and make it default).
* Better and more configurable joystick support.
* Improved the image and fat drives.
* Added nullmodem emulation.
* Various win 3.x enhanchments (video/audio/ems/win32s).
* Improved CDROM detection and support.
* Speed up the screen drawing code.
* Added support for different keyboard layouts.
* Various fixes to the (C/E/V)GA emulation.
* Extended and improved all types of emulated memory. (umb/ems/xms)
* Dynamic core should work on Intel Macs.
* Various timer related fixes.
* Added a few more graphic scalers.
Some default settings have been changed in this one so be sure to update your configfiles and read the readme
- Version 0.6.5 | Release Date: 2006-07-12 | Download
- No changes specified