- Version 5.1.3 | Release Date: 2012-10-29 | Download
- Version 5 only runs on Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion (OS X 10.5 or higher).
- Version 5 is Intel only; PowerPC Macs are no longer supported.
- Mobile companion app for iOS suport called Pocketpedia.
- 10 point rating system with half stars (click on a star again to change to half star).
- New dedicated media server for the Pedias, Doghouse, with support for all languages and countries. Doghouse is built from Pedia users uploading and sharing their data with other Pedia users so the more you share, the better it gets!
- Added 4 new fields, specifically for TV: Season, Episode, Creator and Series.
- Added 8 new custom fields: two date fields, two checkboxes, two tag fields (aka multi- value, blue bubble fields) and two regular text fields.
- Custom field names can now be changed in the Preferences > Fields tab, removing clutter from Preferences > General. Just double- click the custom field name in the "Fields" list and enter your new title. Mousing over a custom field title in the list will reveal the original custom field name.
- New details view styles.
- A new generic detail view template tag that is automatically expanded to include all fields selected in the Preferences > Fields, making the creation of detail templates easier: [key:genericField].
- Optimized secondary search options (the 'limit to', 'search for', 'sort by' drop down menus) now show only those available for the selected search site.
- Results for advanced info found via the gear button in the edit window can now be browsed and previewed before adding the correct one.
- Enter a barcode into any active text field simply by scanning it with a Bluetooth or OPN scanner. Outside of a text field, scan a barcode for quickly finding an entry in your database (no need to go into the search field first).
- Plug- ins can now have their own preferences accessed through the little gear button in Preferences > Sites. These are accessed through the little gear button next to a site in Preferences > Sites.
- Default loan period (found in the Preferences > Fields) can now be 0 if no set period is desired.
- New 'Open URL' toolbar button to visit the entry's associated webpage.
- New settings for date format based on international standards.
- New smart collection criteria: "Cover Image is/is not set", to easily group items without covers.
- Some fields including genre, tags and director, are now clickable in the details view to filter the current collection by that attribute. Similar to doing an internal search but a lot quicker.
- Version 4.6.4 | Release Date: 2011-01-24 | Download
- Discshop.se plug-in fixed
- The Mail account used for sending emails is now the default account instead of the first account of the list
- Made the non-US Amazon searches more reliable
- Upgraded the plug-in architecture to be more lightweight and faster
- Updated the "Sell at Amazon" feature
- Editing a smart collection based on a checkbox would default the rule to 'not set'
- Several smaller bug fixes
- Version 4.6.3 | Release Date: 2009-04-12 | Download
- Import iTunes movies from iTunes XML file by dragging the file over the DVDpedia icon
- Import Saphire metadata.plist file by dragging it over the DVDpedia icon
- Import EyeTV files by dragging .eyetv files over DVDpedia icon
- Preference to add plot keywords into the tags from IMDb
- New contextual menu for main cover well, with "Show in Finder" option
- Cursor disappears in fullscreen after 3 seconds of not being moved
- Get advanced info releases memory sooner to allow for better performance when run on large selections
- Downloaded links now named using the title of the entry and incremental number instead of the current date (allows for multiple download of a selection)
- Duplicates can no longer be added in add multiple batch
- More undo actions labeled for clarity
- Due date field now also in the add/edit window and full screen details options
- Holding down shift and pressing add button opens iSight directly
- Internal filter search by dates stricter to avoid picking up dates in regular search string
- Apply default columns command sets a collection to update to the current default columns even if they change in the future
- Creation and modification date of movies passed to single movie uid named exports HTML pages, for faster sync when uploading only changed files
- Update: Amazon diacritic encoding updated to allow searches using diacritics again
- Bug fix: adding a new link with an empty URL was not allowed and would trigger the bug reporter
- Bug fix: imported images with high DPI could appear smaller with the rest of the area drawn in white
- Bug fix: deleting from an excluded collection inside a folder could lead to the delete warning not being displayed
- Version 4.4.1 | Release Date: 2008-12-02 | Download
Version: 4.4.1 (02/12/08)
* Statistics work on selections, if selection is greater than one
* Credits can be limited to a first number of credits during an HTML export with [creditsBegin:15]
* No selection when the selected entry is not in a collection just switched to
* Table view shows the row selected when moving collections
* Bug fix: fixed a crash affecting a few users displaying overdue and sale banners
Version: 4.4 (27/11/08)
* Background colors updated to match Leopard colors
* New larger text preference options for both collection view and table view
* Table view stars appear white when selected
* Count appears white when collection is selected
* New preference "defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia NoAutomaticBackup -bool YES"
* Change on how tags are handled in multiple edit: tags are now added and removed and not replaced; to replace remove all the tags first
* Tags now added to Spotlight index and Quick Look (to reindex with tags, turn spotlight on and off under the Help menu)
* Tabs, new lines and returns escaped in a tab delimited export
* Faster statistics
* New statistics look
* Statistic configuration options, allow to select brand new options as well as turn off the defaults for a lightning fast statistic with what is most important to you
* Clickable names in statistics to filter your collection by that attribute
* Canon MV500i camera support
* Typing in cover view works as it does the in the table view selecting the entry which current sorted attribute begins with those letters
* IMDb: AKA search results included when no popular or exact matches are found, uses original title for searches if available, more specific theatrical release date, stunt and camera and electrical department credit options
* Option to include uncredited credits from IMDb
* Plug-ins fixed: dvdzone2.com and cinefacts.de
* Diacritics ignored when creating HTML export index
* Total info at bottom of window updated when style preferences changed without having to change collection
* Smaller HTML exports with same image quality
* Updated eSellerate registration engine
* Email borrower works on a multiple selection as well as a single entry
* Bug fix: Count on collection would not display sometimes when inside a folder
* Bug fix: marking an entry as returned in the borrowed collection under cover flow would not update the cover flow view
* Bug fix: when editing an entry in a smart collection that causes it to be removed from the smart collection, changes to credits/tracks or links could be lost
* Bug fix: when including a wish list or borrowed collection in the library, existing entries would not be added to the library automatically
* Bug fix: Using the "mark as wish list" command from the menu on a item already marked as wish list would cause a validation bug
* Bug fix: Better handling of commas in the price when sorting and adding up the total count
* Bug fix: with an error exporting .Xpedia file that had a borrowed history
* Bug fix: removing someone from the address book who has an entry borrowed would cause the automatic borrowed email to hang
Version: 4.3.2 (25/09/08)
* Updated IMDb search plug-in
* Amazonpedia updated to handle accents in search
* More matches for EAN searches on Amazon CA and DE
* Included links as an option for text template exports
* A collection stays selected after moved in or out of a folder
* Bug fix: on rare occasions entries would default to Amazon US locale instead of the original locale
* Bug fix: any collection sorted by status would cause the Pocketpedia sync to timeout
* Bug fix: introduced in 4.3.1 some smart collections where not displaying the latest updated collection on the first click
* Bug fix: a title of only a single double-quote when sorted would crash the program
- Version 4.3.1 | Release Date: 2008-09-02 | Download
<li>Saves changes when switching currently edited entries via the table view</li>
<li>Command-R adds a new row in credits and links</li>
<li>Move linked file asks for a new name, if name already exists</li>
<li>Copy of links and paste into the Finder will create a copy of the file</li>
<li>Numbered index created in HTML templates for exports separated by a specific number of entries</li>
<li>Multiple edit panel now has no default initial responder, so that a field must be selected first before typing</li>
<li>More accurate cover art downloading</li>
<li>New warning when marking an entry as borrowed without a borrower name</li>
<li>Unmodified CueCat translation to UPC in internal search field</li>
<li>Contextual menu in cover flow view</li>
<li>Custom10 field included in info view</li>
<li>Leopard bug fix: Collapsing the collection view via the header grab area resulted in the divider line not being able to be dragged</li>
<li>Bug fix: all smart collections updated before a sync with Pocketpedia</li>
<li>Bug fix: 'The' after a quote was not being ignored for sorting</li>
<li>Bug fix: rare bug that would not show the last row in the table view of a smart collection</li>
<li>Bug fix (Pocketpedia): sync sections could be incomplete when the sort title field is in use</li>
<li>Bug fix (Pocketpedia): accented letters would create their own section</li>
<li>Bug fix (Pocketpedia): changing My Rating on the table view, would not mark the entry as updated for syncing</li>
<li>Bug fix: last seen count not updated until after restart when adding or removing last seen history items</li>
- Version 4.2.2 | Release Date: 2008-06-24 | Download
- Version 4.1.1 | Release Date: 2007-12-26 | Download
Plug-in: dvd-palace updated
Tags search added to filter search option
Full screen switch collection menu now has check mark for the currently selected collection
Limit online search to particular fields
DFProHTML version 2 by Dan Friml template available on our extras page
Bug fix: High DPI images look better in full screen
Bug fix: Comments and Summary fields did not allow input of characters with diacritics
Bug fix: My Rating not included in text file import fields
Bug fix: proper German localization of up-to-date message
Bug fix: Smart collection based on empty number fields is possible
Bug fix: Smart collection with 'contains' would be switched to 'is' when edited
Bug fix: Images dragged to add/edit window in some cases resulted in a upside down image
Leopard bug fix: printing list could appear skewed
Leopard bug fix: dragging cover view size slider could lead to moving window instead
- Version 4.0.7 | Release Date: 2007-10-25 | Download
- Leopard ready
- QuickLook plug-in
- Larger icons for card and metadata files for cover flow
- Card files use new xml key formats, will not open with old 3.6 version but 4.0 can handle old format
- Holding down option (alt) key when clicking preview for .Mac or FTP will go directly to the uplaod without showing a preview
- Better comparison of cover modification dates on .Mac to avoid not uploading some recently replaced covers
- Get advanced info from Amazon a bit stricter including director, artist and author if possible to limit results
- Version 5.2.0 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.1.6 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.1.2 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.1.1 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.1.0 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.0.3 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 5.0.0 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.6.8 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.6.7 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.6.6 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.6.5 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.6.4 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.5.4 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.5.3 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.5.2 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.5.1 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.5.0 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.4.3 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 4.4.2 | Release Date: 2007-09-14 | Download
- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2007-07-05 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2007-05-03 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.1.2 | Release Date: 2006-07-11 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (18.00 U.S.)