- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2011-04-28 | Download
The print feature has been extended to include images in the header and footer areas. Now you can add your logo or other graphics to your font catalog pages
Font slide show functionality has been integrated into the Font Information Detailed Preview panel. Transparency, frameless mode, "keep on top", timer and loop options make finding the right font for your project easier than ever
Quickly and easily put fonts in an automatically generated "Ad hoc" set as you select them from a slide show, preview or font list with just a simple keyboard shortcut (Cmmd +)
Smart Sets can now be organized into folders
The new Plug-In updater ensures that you have access to the latest plugin updates as they become available
Import fonts and sets from FontAgent Pro, Extensis Suitcase Fusion 2 or Extensis Suitcase Fusion 3 directly into FontExplorer X Pro. Use the import function or simply drag and drop
The new Character Toolbox gives you more information about a font than you ever had. Compare ink and paper usage of selected fonts, scan fonts for available characters and the languages supported by those fonts
Added keyboard shortcuts for kerning, tracking, common and rare ligatures in both the preview and detailed preview
Optionally keep the font structure you created in FontExplorer X Pro when exporting your fonts
FontExplorer X Pro now speaks French
Includes a PlugIn for QuarkXPress 9
Application font cache cleaning includes font caches for QuarkXPress 9
Added new formats to the "Detect Fonts in Documents" feature. Now you can also scan Adobe .idml, Adobe Illustrator CS3, CS4 and CS5 documents
We've improved the "Detect Fonts in Documents" feature and added new reporting options which allow you to select multiple documents when creating a set or generating a report. Reports can be saved as plain text or in XML format and can be printed directly from the dialog
The Fast Preview option allows for immediate display of the preview text when navigating through the font list
View your comments on Sets and Folder by simply holding the mouse pointer on the item
The Backup, Configuration and Quick Install dialogs have been consolidated and improved
New Features for FontExplorer X Server Users and Administrators
Added visual feedback to show server login in progress
Administrators can now export their server font library or server font sets
A new security level has been created for deleting fonts from the server
View the comments on Server Sets and Server Folders by simply holding the mouse pointer on the item
The machine name has been added to the server Statistics panel
When not connected to the network, FontExplorer X Pro would sometimes hang during startup while attempting to connect to the network file server. Connection failed error
Selected Smart sets based on "Fonts imported today" now update correctly when a new day begins
Individual fonts can now be removed from global and plug-in request sets via the context menu
Unicode ranges have been updated and localized
Memory problems when viewing fonts with large kerning tables in the Font Information Dialog
- Plug-ins for Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and QuarkXPress 7, 8 and 9 now recognize font requests from graphics with non-embedded fonts
â Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator â“ Resolved many instances of available fonts not being requested or hanging during activation
â FontExplorer X Pro will no longer auto-start when opening documents from an application where plug-ins are installed and the Mac user account has no software license (multi-user Macs)
â Adobe InDesign â“ Incorrect font requests occurred when working with documents containing composite fonts
â Adobe Illustrator â“ The Illustrator missing fonts dialog no longer appears before FontExplorer X Pro activates fonts
FontExplorer X Server Connection
â Server fonts will now be automatically downloaded if required by a Plug-In
â When the local library was hidden it was not possible to export server preview images
â Server users with read/write permission on a server folder can no longer import non-server fonts to that folder
FontExplorer X Pro will not auto-start for an Adobe or Quark document when the Mac user account is managed with parental controls. Workaround: Start FontExplorer X Pro prior to opening Adobe or Quark documents
Photoshop CS5 crashes when the FontExplorer X Pro plug-in is installed but FontExplorer X Pro or its license is missing. Solution: Remove the FontExplorer X Pro Plug-in
After fast user switching FontExplorer X Pro refreshes the fonts in order to ensure that any System Font changes made by other users are available to all users on that machine. When doing this, the FontExplorer X Pro main window will always come to the foreground
When attempting to overwrite FontExplorer X Pro with a newer version, a "Fatal Error â¦ unauthorized bundle" message may appear when there is a problem with permissions on the file you are attempting to replace. Should this occur, delete the older version of FontExplorer X and re-copy the newer version to your Applications folder
PlugIns: Font activation with Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS4/CS5: Situation: Fonts have been activated by FontExplorer X Pro (automatically or manually) after starting the program Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4 or CS5. Selecting a text layer in Photoshop will cause a message to appear stating that the fonts are missing for the text layer and font substitution will occur. Continue? This message should be responded to with "OK". Activated fonts will be correctly displayed and not substituted.
Mac OS X 10.5.x only (Resolved with Mac OS X 10.6): Removing font suitcases from a System Collection may cause FontExplorer X Pro to crash if some of the fonts in the suitcase are not activated. This may also occur when resolving conflicts and the font suitcase is contained in a System Collection
â Using Mac OS X 10.5.6 â“ Activate or deactivate the entire suitcase and then remove the suitcase from the collection
â Using Mac OS X 10.5.8 â“ Move the fonts you wish to keep to a new System Collection, then delete the System Collection containing the suitcase font
- Version 2.5.1 | Release Date: 2010-07-08 | Download
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2009-06-03 | Download
- An issue where the Plugin Manager would sporadically show the incorrect path to a plugin, usually on multi-partition machines.
- An issue where sets and smartsets were missing after upgrading from Linotype FontExplorerÂ® X 1.2.3 to FontExplorer X Pro. The database will automatically repair itself when FontExplorer X Pro 2.0.2 is started. An issue where activated fonts were not reactivated after restarting the system.
- An issue where under Mac OSÂ® X 10.4 the setup assistant would activate each time FontExplorer X Pro started.
- An issue where auto font activation in AdobeÂ® InDesignÂ® via plugIn would occasionally hang.
- An occasional crash during font import.
- An issue where FontExplorer X Pro would sporadically hang when opening the authentication dialog, e.g. when attempting to clean the font caches.
- An issue where fonts that were automatically activated on import were not active after the user logged out and logged in to the mac although the preference setting under "Advanced" was set to "never deactivate".
- Updating from Mac OS X 10.5.x to Mac OS X 10.5.7 resolves a problem where "Rare Ligatures" did not display. The Mac OS update resolves this problem in all FontExplorer X Pro versions (1.2.3, 2.0 and 2.0.1).
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2009-02-28 | Download
- An issue where the FontExplorer X Pro âCheck for Updateâ did not function.
- An issue where FontExplorer X Pro would sporadically crash when changing the input source.
- An issue where scrolling did not work in the kerning dialog.
- An issue where permanently activated fonts were not reactivated after a system restart.
- Many more enhancements.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2009-01-06 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo