- Version 1.6.1 | Release Date: 2011-02-01 | Download
- Fixed links to key help topics from the Start Up panel.
- Corrected link to obtain remote help book updates.
- Charts panel allows chart type to be changed with a single click.
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2011-01-06 | Download
- From version 1.6 onwards, friedEgg Touch is available exclusively from the Mac App Store.
- Analysis files can be saved as package, containing a copy of the original file with the data table. The package is shown as a single file in the Finder, and can be moved and emailed to other users, as if it were a single file.
- Selected data can be exported for all data columns, rather than just the four columns assigned to chart dimensions. This will be of benefit to users who use friedEgg Touch for data filtering and selection, as part of a workflow.
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2010-01-22 | Download
Improvements in this latest release focused on three key areas of usability:
(1) Formatting and filtering the charts - The tool palettes have been re-engineered to simplify the handling of formatting tools and filters. Either double click a tool in the palette or drag to the chart. Alternately, use the keyboard to add or remove a tool or filter.
(2) Improved visual cues - The user can define the contrast between selected or unselected chart objects (bars in a chart or pie segments), making it easier to see the items selected. In addition, formatting tools and filters are highlighted, both on the charts and the palettes, when selected. The cursor changes to reflect the actions applied to the chart.
(3) Data selection - Improvements in the way that the filters are combined to select ranges of the users data. Using both the upper and lower filters within a dimension allows specific ranges to be selected or excluded. These can then be further adjusted by clicking individual chart items.
Further improvements addressed the reliability of saving and opening analysis files. This included minor changes to the formatting of the saved analysis files. Older files are automatically reformatted when first used.
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2009-09-08 | Download
- Introduced support for Quick Look previews and Spotlight searching, plus compatibility with Snow Leopard.
- Further performance improvements on the loading of data tables plus several bug fixes and usability refinements.
- These include checks that the table has enough data to produce a chart, and improvements in the selection of fonts and colors.
- Version 1.3.6 | Release Date: 2009-05-04 | Download
- Improved performance when loading data tables from CSV files.
- Expanded help documentation.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Version 1.3.5 | Release Date: 2009-04-14 | Download
- Chart dimensions are now defined by simply dragging data columns to the chart templates. Dimensions can be changed by just dragging the dimension to another column.
- Improvements to the validation and display of the charts, plus the saving and loading of analysis data.
- Comprehensive upgrade of the user help, plus many performance improvements and bug fixes.
Licence: Commercial with demo