- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2012-08-14 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0
Welcome to the long awaited and oft-promised GIF Brewery 2.0. Please read these update notes!
First, check out GIF Brewery 2.0 in action at http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/ or http://gifbrewery.tumblr.com/.
Second, if you run into any issues, please e-mail us or contact us via Twitter. A broken GIF Brewery is a sad GIF Brewery. Also feel free to contact us over feature ideas or suggestions!
Third, if you experience "hash mismatch" errors or are unable to run the app after updating, close App Store, delete the old GIFBrewery from your Applications folder, and empty the trash. Then return to App Store and re-install GIFBrewery from your Purchased list. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Anyways, onto the release notes!
* Brand new UI, no more second floating side window.
* Check out the menu bar & toolbar for most actions. There are also a plethora of keyboard shortcuts.
* You may now drag files to the GIF Brewery icon in your dock to open files quickly.
* New icon.
* Now sandboxed.
* GIF Brewery 1.0 save files are not compatible with GIF Brewery 2.0.
* Can now goto a specific time by Movie > Go to time... or double-clicking the current time.
* Can now skip forward/backward five seconds.
* Filters now behave like other image editors.
* Can now remove all filters at once.
* Cropping has been implemented.
* Can now reset canvas, which removes all preview crops & resizes.
* Ability to add an overlay to your GIF has been implemented.
* Added ability to simply set the FPS for GIFs. This option will automatically calculate the frame count & delay for you based on your clip.
* Added ability to set the default FPS for new GIFs. (GIF Brewery > Preferences...)
* You may now export the frames as PNGs instead of GIF. (Create > Export as Frames...)
* Removed "Preview in Safari..." option due to Apple's App Sandbox restrictions. Sorry about that.
- Version 1.4 | Release Date: 2012-01-12 | Download
What's New in Version 1.4
[NEW] Users can now set the GIF loop count. The default is 0, which is the same as infinite looping.
[NOTE] GIF Brewery's loop count is targeted for Safari and Chrome's loop counting. Sadly, this causes the in-app GIF preview to loop an incorrect amount of times. This is the result of differences between Apple's NSImageView and WebKit/Safari.
[NEW] Users may now quickly preview GIFs in Safari. Please use this to verify loop counts and playback speed.
[NEW] The save/discard buttons on the GIF creation panel now have shortcuts. You can press Enter to bring up the Save... dialog or press Delete to discard the created GIF.
[NEWS] This is the end for 1.X updates. I will be beginning on GIF Brewery 2.0 in the coming weeks. If you have suggestions and comments, feel free to contact me via e-mail or twitter.
[REMINDER] ** If you experience "hash mismatch" errors or are unable to run the app after updating, close App Store, delete the old CineGIF from your Applications folder, and empty the trash. Then return to App Store and re-install GIFBrewery from your Purchased list! Sorry for the inconvenience; it is due to the name change and MAS not updating app bundle fully. **
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2011-10-08 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3
ATTENTION! PLEASE READ THIS! --> ** If you experience "hash mismatch" errors or are unable to run the app after updating, close App Store, delete the old CineGIF from your Applications folder, and empty the trash. Then return to App Store and re-install GIFBrewery from your Purchased list! Sorry for the inconvenience; it is due to the name change and MAS not updating app bundle fully. **
[NEW] Name change! Now called GIFBrewery, due to trademark reasons. Hate the name? Feel free to suggest a better one!
[NEW] The end arrows for the clip range in the time slider will now snap to the current time if you move the arrows close enough to the current time marker.
[CHANGE] When you try to set the start time to be greater than the end time, now both times are moved to the new time. The same applies for the opposite situation with end time less than the start time.
[NEW] GIFs are now given a default name based on your current time.
[UPDATE] If you are using Lion, GIFBrewery will display a warning if it detects the 3ivx QuickTime Component. This component has known issues with Lion, which are independent of GIFBrewery. You'll need to uninstall it until 3ivx is update for Lion.
[FIX] If you cancel saving a GIF, GIFBrewery should no longer keep around the temporary GIF. OS X would have deleted it eventually, but just helping speed up the process.
- Version 1.2.2 | Release Date: 2011-09-15 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2.2
[UPDATE] CineGIF will now report an error if you try opening a movie with a file format or video codec that is not supported by QuickTime.
[CHANGE] CineGIF will now pause when you attempt to resize a video while it is playing with the scale slider. This is to avoid potential crashes with certain file formats. I'm looking into the root cause of this, and hopefully this will only be a temporary change.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2011-08-30 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2
[CHANGE] Can now open movie files straight from File > Open... . Thus, the Set Movie... button isn't really necessary, but keeping it for at least a few versions.
[CHANGE] By popular demand, I've brought back the Set Start/End time buttons (the bookmark icons). Note, you can use the hotkeys present under the Project menu also.
- Version 1.1.1 | Release Date: 2011-07-14 | Download
What's New in Version 1.1.1
[FIX] Videos no longer clamped to 720 x 480. (iPhone users rejoice!)
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2011-07-13 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo