- Version 2.81 | Release Date: 2010-03-10 | Download
Import bitmap images for use as models
- Version 2.8 | Release Date: 2009-12-10 | Download
Improved look and feel in the waveform, enveloppe and pattern editors.
- Version 2.75 | Release Date: 2009-07-03 | Download
- Printing functionality, enabling export to PDF file format
- Overview shows the cursor in all views during playback.
- Set the default pitch of imported sound samples (to correct potential pitch detection algorithm errors).
- Tune the sampled audio files.
- Audio file import in the FLAC format. FLAC is a lossless audio compression format that saves about 2/3rds of the original file size.
- Distribution reduced from 16 to 10Mb.
- Version 2.7 | Release Date: 2009-05-13 | Download
- Import sampled audio files
- A new waveform type lets you import an audio file and use its samples as a waveform. This lets you insert and transform complex sounds intuitively to create even richer soundscapes. This is accessible only to registered users.
- New library of sampled sounds. 35 samples, including classical instruments and drums...
- Shift + Play plays the viewed area only, not the selection. This lets you work on a section of the piece by zooming on it.
- Hidden sounds are not exported nor played anymore. This lets you export or here parts of your piece separately. Use in conjunction with tags.
- Scales are now stored in the library instead of the preferences, making it easier to handle custom scale definitions.
- Export Selection function
- Polish localization
- Version 2.6 | Release Date: 2009-03-04 | Download
- A wide variety of filtered noise generators, to use as is or with modulations. Check the Waveform/noises library
- French language version. If you want to contribute to a version in your language, please check the forum.
- Time Controls toolbar.
- MIDI instruments are now slightly closer to the MIDI standard bank.
- smart cut and paste: objects are pasted relatively to the location of the current selection, avoiding numerous sequences of move/paste/move/paste...
- start time scale at 0.
- default quality preference.
- color mappings for waveforms follow a new, perceptually consistent, scheme.
- View/Show Lead Sound Attribute. lets you see the name of the waveform and envelope associated with a sound.
- bug fixes, notably clicks heard on MacOSX, and bad redraws during playback on MacOSX Leopard and Windows Vista, ability to edit composite waveforms.
- Version 2.5 | Release Date: 2008-12-20 | Download
focused on educational needs:
- maps sound pitch to the hue: a great tool to teach tonality changes in classical compositions.
- specific settings for slow machines
- random waveform: to reproduce LFO "random walk" portamento effects
- improved paint tool provides as much flexibility as a piano roll interface to enter conventional tunes.
- Version 2.41 | Release Date: 2008-10-14 | Download
v 2.4 had a few major bugs in the use of patterns. v 2.41 is a quick fix.
- Version 2.4 | Release Date: 2008-10-09 | Download
- focused on user requests, specially from registered users:
- Piece Overview on multiple lines: see menu Tools - Overview
- The keyboard view shows the current position (in groups:bars:beats:ms)
- Snapping to precise time boundaries is much easier, this allows entering rhythms easily. (see the Alphabet sample in the forum)
- Current window configuration and settings are fully preserved from one session to the next.
- Version 2.3 | Release Date: 2008-08-30 | Download
spectral and waveshape views in the waveform editor
- Version 2.25 | Release Date: 2008-07-02 | Download
- edit patterns and composite waveform after they have been created.
- library of composite waveforms examples has been added.
- rendering of glissandi sounds is made more faithful to what is actually heard.
- edition of waveshape waveforms and envelopes has been improved, allowing very precise tunings.
- Version 2,2 | Release Date: 2008-05-18 | Download
Make As Waveform function: turn a set of sound into a waveform
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2008-04-13 | Download
New library including far more waveforms, envelopes and examples of FM, granular and additive synthesis.
- Version 2.06 | Release Date: 2008-03-20 | Download
versions 2.0 to 2.05 had a major redraw bug on MacOS X 10.5 Leopard that limited usability. Version 2.06 works around this (Apple) bug.
- Version 2.05 | Release Date: 2008-03-15 | Download
Mostly bug fixes
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2008-02-18 | Download
Among many new features, it includes a revolutionary new method to express modulation, unifying the concepts of FM synthesis, ring modulation, low frequency tremolo and vibrato.
v2.0 also extends the notion of patterns, which is a simple way to group sounds and instantiate those groups to create rhythms, accompanying sequences, granular synthesis and much more.
Documentation has been extended and more examples are provided.
Finally, note that while HighC stays free for entertainment and educational purposes, access to its professional features now requires a purchasing a license (29.99 euros).
- Version 1.52 | Release Date: 2007-10-26 | Download
minor update to fulfill usability requests
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2007-10-21 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (29.99E)