- Version 2.0.7 | Release Date: 2014-03-15 | Download
- Restores kana sounds
Upgrading from iKana 2.0.5
Due to app sandboxing, if upgrading from iKana 2.0.5 you will need to download the update directly from our website, as the automatic installation won't work. We've removed sandboxing from 2.0.6 to avoid this issue in future. If you're running 2.0.6 upgrades will work normally.
- Version 2.0.6 | Release Date: 2014-03-02 | Download
iKana 2.0.6 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
Due to app sandboxing, iKana 2.0.5 user's will need to download the update directly from our website, as the automatic installation won't work. We've removed sandboxing from 2.0.6 to avoid this issue in future.
- Replaces some obsolete kana from the Katakana Additional set with their modern counterparts (DI/TI)
- Smoother stroke animations
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2011-07-24 | Download
- Fixes compatibly issues with Lion
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2010-08-19 | Download
Fixes in 2.0.1
- Fixes a problem that caused automatic version upgrades to fail with an error.
- Fixes a problem with missing text in the license installation/purchase screen.
Important information for iKana 2.0 users:
Due to a misconfiguration in Sparkle in iKana 2.0 you will need to manually download the 2.0.1 update as the automatic upgrade will fail to complete. This is important as it will effect all future updates as well.
Click here to download iKana 2.0.1 (for iKana 2.0 users only)
If you are running an older version of iKana then update as normal.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2010-08-18 | Download
- Totally redesigned interface
- Stroke animations
- Kana pronunciation audio clips
- Vocabulary training with spaced repetition
- Better memory notes
- Lots of other enhancements
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2008-02-27 | Download
- New Features
- Full screen mode for kana flash cards.
- Word of the day feature in the welcome screen.
- Updated design for Leopard.
- Improved speed recognition test user interface.
- Various other small improvements.
- Apple remote can now be used with iKana under Leopard.
- Vocabulary sets are deleted now when removed inside iKana.
- Minor error in the dictionary corrected. Restore the built-in dictionary to get the fix.
- Version 1.5.0 | Release Date: 2007-09-20 | Download
- New Vocabulary Practice module for learning Japanese words.
- Tab-delimited word list importing in both Dictionary and Vocabulary Practice.
- Study assistant lets you know which characters you need to focus on learning based on your test results.
- Improved flash card editing interface.
- Application-wide undo support.
- The built-in dictionary now contains 360 common words.
- New icon and improved graphics throughout the application.
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-07-02 | Download
- Option to hide Romaji in flash cards.
- Option to hide English in Romanizer test.
- Speed recognition bug with duplicate answers fixed.
- Added Traditional Chinese and Spanish localizations.
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2007-02-12 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (â¬12)