- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2010-12-20 | Download
ImageFramer 3.1 brings some exiting new features, modifications and bugs fixes. Please read the release notes carefully to get yourself familiar with all the changes.
Support for vector frames. Vector frames (in PDF format) can be used as regular images in Frame Editor but give this sharp and professional look when scaled to any size. Information on using PDF frames in the Frame Editor is available in the manual.
Several sample vector frames were added in the Library for registered customers. You should update your library after you update ImageFramer to version 3.1. More vector frames will be added. Currently, the available vector frames are all in Artistic collection:
- Various set:
- Film strip
- Film strip (tinted) - adds a beige semi transparent tint over the photograph
- Grunge flowers
- Grunge flowers border
- Travel green
- Oval set:
- Simple oval
- Gradient oval
- Monochrome set:
- Simple Rounded
- Mask set has masks from all the above frames except Film strips and Travel green.
- Various set:
Define export size in real-world units, such as inches, cm and mm. The export panel now adds the units drop-down list to let you specify sizes in inches, for example. You’ll also always see the exported image size in pixel below. Of course it takes DPI setting into account as well. This is great for those who use ImageFramer to prepare images for print and was requested by many people.
Selecting colors with transparency. It’s now possible to select Opacity level for colors in the color palette. This allows two things:
- Selecting separate transparency for the mat’s bevel. Semi transparent gray bevels create the appearance as if though the image itself is beveled.
- When using Colorize function, reducing opacity of the colorization color will reduce the amount of colorization applied. So now you can only a touch of a tint to the frame, giving you more creativity options.
You can drag layers up or down, out of the “film strip” layers panel, to remove them from design, in addition to pressing delete or backspace keys or through the context menus. Some increased productivity.
Added shortcuts and menu items to access different parts of the window:
- Cmd-1 to open frame Library. If already open, Cmd-1 will toggle between “All” and “Favorites” view.
- Cmd-2 to open Templates.
- Cmd-3 to open Variations
- Cmd-4 to open Design Settings
- Cmd-5 to open Layer Settings
- Cmd-6 to open Watermarks. If already open, toggle between text and image watermarks.
- Cmd-0 to focus keyboard on the layers strip, allowing to change layers with left and right key. All the shortcuts are available as menu commands in Window menu.
Document window position and size is now saved between launches
Color picker (eyedropper) tool now uses another interface. When clicking on it, it will change the cursor to the eyedropper and let you pick a color from the document itself only. If you want the old magnifier glass tool, you’ll have to click on the color well itself to open OS X colors panel and click on the magnifier glass icon to the left of the color on the top, like in all other applications.
Fixed multiple crashes - occasional crashes in layers handling UI, crash when dropping an image onto ImageFramer while a previous image is being saved. This is now not allowed.
Vastly improved template icon generation. Previously generated icons did not show all the template and could miss outer edges. They also could show some artifacts on molding frames.
Performance improvements related to database, especially when working in Frame Editor.
Other UI improvements and bug fixes, related to layers strip and corner frame drawing quality.
- Version 3.0.4 | Release Date: 2010-10-24 | Download
Fixed a crash which occurred when closing ImageFramer's window while editing watermark text. Possibly fixed other reported crashes. Some other minor bug fixes.
Fixed issue that caused error (Bad URL) when updating library. Was caused by badly entered licenses. ImageFramer now fixes the entry of licenses and saves them corrected.
Also added menu item in Help menu to visit Apparent Software website.
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2010-10-18 | Download
ImageFramer 3 is a total redesign of ImageFramer 2, featuring elegant and intuitive interface, powerful features like combining multiple frames and mats, saving design templates and even an embedded frame editor that allows users to create their own frames from their graphics.
ImageFramer 3 contains over 400 various frames, and more frames are being added constantly. These newly added frame are downloaded automatically for registered users. In addition, users of Pro version have access to additional hundreds of high-resolution frames from frame manufacturers with catalog numbers – simplifying the process of ordering real frames for their artwork.
New features in more detail
- Beautiful user interface will make your work in ImageFramer a pleasure.
- Multiple frame types – molding (like in version 2), moldings with corner and full-sized image frames, including masking frames for photos.
- You can add multiple frames to one image, creating endless design opportunities.
- Mat’s width for all 4 sides can now be controlled individually. Ready mat library of dozens of pre-defined mat colors in every shade you like. Mat’s bevel color can be defined.
- Image and text watermarks can be added with easy but powerful controls.
- Design variations are now visual. Selecting the best variation has become easier.
- You can save your frame designs as templates and use them to use on different images later. There is also a library of preset templates supplied with the application.
- Huge frame collection combined with automatic download of new frames in the background.
- Embedded frame editor allows you to create your own frames (Pro edition only).
- Version 2.4.10 | Release Date: 2010-08-15 | Download
- New Frames: Added 5 new frames to "Wooden" set in "Real" collection. They appear at the top of the list.
- Version 2.4.9 | Release Date: 2010-07-20 | Download
- New Frames: Added 5 new frames to "Bronze" set in "Real" collection. They appear at the top of the list.
- Reduced download size by about 7MB from 2.4.8 by reducing graphics overhead without affecting quality.
- Version 2.4.8 | Release Date: 2010-06-14 | Download
- New Frames: Added 7 new frames to "Wooden" set in "Real" collection
- Version 2.4.7 | Release Date: 2010-05-17 | Download
- New Feature: You can now choose to not create external shadow, limiting shadows and lighting only to the inside of the frame. Designs that use this will have export image size to be same as without shadows but all the shadows and bevel lighting inside the frame will be intact, giving your more flexibility.
- New Frames: Added 10 new frames
- Version 2.4.6 | Release Date: 2010-04-07 | Download
Added 12 new frames: 5 in a new "For Kids" set in Artistic collection. Two in Golden set in Real collection and Five more in Wooden set in Real collection. All the new frames are at the top of the sets.
- Version 2.4.5 | Release Date: 2010-03-08 | Download
- New Frames: Added 11 new frames to Larson Juhl's set in Manufacturer's collection. All the frames correspond to real frames with their catalog numbers and are of high quality.
- Version 2.4.4 | Release Date: 2010-02-02 | Download
- FIX: Now when loading a design on application launch, the frames selection pane will open.
- FIX: More robust license key check to prevent erroneous rejects of licenses, in some cases.
- NEW: ImageFramer version is now displayed in Finder's Get Info panel.
- Version 2.4.3 | Release Date: 2010-01-04 | Download
- NEW: Now supports dragging from iPhoto.
- NEW: Added a warning on export if file exists when dragging and when saving on batches.
- FIX: Saving a JPEG no longer produces black border. Now uses background color.
- FIX: No more frame artifacts on Snow Leopard on high size exports.
- FIX: When automatic startup settings file doesn't exist, ignore the setting. This prevents a bug where users report that they can't add mats.
- CHANGE: Now doesn't lock Finder while saving large images.
- CHANGE: Reduced shadow blur radius for faster operation.
- Version 2.4.2 | Release Date: 2009-06-01 | Download
20 new frame designs added.
- Version 2.2.1 | Release Date: 2009-02-23 | Download
- Made âControlsâ button only open/close controls window and not Colors panel as well.
- Fixes crash when selecting a frame, then closing window with red button.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2008-12-07 | Download
- Over 30 new frames. Most frames were contributed by existing users.
- A new “Manufacturers” collection, which includes real frames from several manufacturers.
- Resizing frames and mats can now be performed right on the preview screen. For example to resize the frame:
- Click somewhere on the frame. The cursor will change to a resize cursor.
- Hold mouse pressed and move the mouse towards the center to increase width or outwards to make the frame thinner.
- The same applies to mats. Click and drag on any mat directly on screen.
- ImageFramer now automatically rotates images on load, based on their EXIF orientation tag.
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2008-09-28 | Download
Fixed the loading of designs by double clicking a .framing file in Finder to start ImageFramer.
Added option to save a design, if it was changed, before quitting ImageFramer. A panel will pop-up asking what to do when quitting an unsaved design.
Color panel now doesn't pop up just by selecting another tab in control panel, which nagged some users.
Frame, image and mat setting can now be selected correctly by clicking in the main window at the relevant area.
Frame by clicking on frame, image/background by clicking on image or background, A specific mat can be selected by clicking directly on the mat.
Disabled opening an Open Image dialog by double clicking on the image in main window.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2008-09-06 | Download
- Added bevel setting for mats for 3D look.
- Bevel's width (depth) can be controlled.
- Added optional (enabled by default) shadows under frames and beveled mats. Amazing photorealistic improvement.
*Light direction can be controlled for the shadows and the bevels to adapt for frame's lighting.
*Added 4 liner linens in a new set under "Real" collection.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-08-01 | Download
The Hue and Saturation sliders are now disabled when frame colorize effect is applied, since they don'ÂÂt affect the frameÃ¢'s appearance and may only confuse the user.
Removed the bottom light gray bar from the main window, as it only served for resizing and looked bad. Resizing is of course still possible by dragging the bottom right corner.
Four screencasts and two sample galleries are now available on the website
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2008-07-01 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($29.95)