- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-23 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Support for the new Mountain Lion sharing system.
- The detail view features a reload action now which allows to reload all the comments in the comment list.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new 'Sync Now' button, which triggers sync right away.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new progress indicator that lists how long it takes until all pictures are synced.
- Picture sync enhancements: Instagram now also syncs the picture published date. So the file creation date on the harddisk is equal to the date when the image was taken / posted to Instagram.
- The 'Follow' list now displays a small yellow icon in the bottom left that indicates if the user in question is following you back.
- Under Mountain Lion, clicking a news notification will also remove it from the News section.
- InstaDesk now notifies the user when the Instagram feed needs to be reset with the iPhone (until Instagram fixes this issue).
- Change the slideshow icons to be retina compatible
- The login sheet now sports a 'cancel' button so that InstaDesk can be quit if the network doesn't work.
- If the user is scrolling in the feed, i.e. if the user is not in the most recent area of feed items, the auto reload will not trigger in order to prevent the scenario where the feed would reload again when the user was just half way through it, requiring her to scroll all the way down again.
- The menu icon has been adopted again to display more detail in retina mode.
- Added a 'Why no uploads' help entry in the menu to make it easier for people to understand that the lack of file uploads is not InstaDesk's fault.
- Added support for the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys to scroll the feed and icon views.
- Made the like and comment icons in the icon hover view more beautiful.
- Enhanced the detail view comment loading process so that it should happen far less that InstaDesk doesn't load all comments (i.e. only 5 even though there're 120). Please note that everything beyond 199 is cut by Instagram. If an image has more than 199 comments, InstaDesk can't display all comments since Instagram doesn't serve this data.
- Fixed a bug in Picture Sync that caused it to not work in sandboxed environments (Lion, Mountain Lion).
- The start at login setting now also works in sandboxed environments (i.e. Lion, Mountain Lion). Due to sandboxed limitations, the app doesn't start right away but around 20 seconds after startup.
- Many Favourite Friends fixes: Newly added Favourite Friends now appear in the list right away.
- Fixed several race conditions where the Favourite Friends sync would crash InstaDesk.
- Fixed an issue where the Favourite Friend sync would cause the InstaDesk window to not update anymore.
- Favourite Friends requires less Instagram requests now especially when the Favourite Friend has many pictures.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes selecting multiple images (for liking, or adding to an album) didn't work correctly.
- Fixed several bugs that could crash InstaDesk when the user scrolled through comments.
- Fixed an issue where when posting a new comment it would not be displayed afterwards until opening the image again.
- Fixed a bug where when InstaDesk was hidden, it would suddenly appear again.
- Disabled the Like & Follow buttons in the follower table view for the current user (since it is impossible anyway to follow yourself).
- Fixed a bug in the News system where it wouldn't work correctly under Mountain Lion in certain corner cases.
- Fixed an issue, where the detail view would sometimes display the current user's name and 'You' as likers of an image.
- Fixed several Core Animation related issues that could cause freezes or crashes in certain environments.
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2012-07-19 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Better Retina Support
- Better Mountain Lion Support
- Support for Mountain Lion User Notifications
- The Auto reload feature in the slideshow now reloads every one minute.
- Added an internal notification mechanism to notify users when external factors keep InstaDesk from working. One example is when Instagram goes down.
- Added 'Share to browser' to the Share Menu
- Added a menu entry to open images in detail view
- Added arrow down and arrow up key support to the feed view for moving up and down along the feed
- Added a feedback menu entry to the help section.
- Fixed a bug where the app would sometimes crash during startup
- Fixed a bug where the app would sometimes crash when opening a image in detail view
- Fixed the bug that lead to the 'Wrong Format' error message.
- Fixed a bug that caused the news from working correctly on some systems.
- Fixed several 'Favourite Friends' bugs that caused the Favourite Friends view to not display all new data when switching between favourite friends
- Fixed an error where opening a popover comment view would cause the app to sometimes not work correctly anymore afterwards
- Fixed a bug where the app could crash during syncing the Favourite Users
- Version 2.0.0 | Release Date: 2012-06-27 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Completely redesigned. InstaDesk 2.0 has a complete new layout that fits much better into Lion and Mountain Lion. Almost all parts of the interface have been changed to accomodate for the new layout and fit better with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. The icon has been changed, too, to celebrate version 2.0. I hope you like it.
The new redesign uses more smooth animations and fancy shadow effects. On older machines, some of this can be turned off in the preferences.
- Multiple user support. InstaDesk now lets you easily switch to a different user. By clicking on the account icon in the top left.
- The detail view now supports a 'mini gallery' that shows you all other images in the current selection. You can navigate it either with mouse or touchpad gesturs, or with your mouse wheel, or by clicking and moving like you would click and move the scrollbar paddle.
- Images can now be downloaded simply by dragging and dropping them on your desktop or any folder on your Mac. This also works with multiple selections.
- Introducing a new Follow / Follower view that shows you all persons in a list. This is faster to navigate than the old view, displays more information, and even allows you to select multiple persons and follow / unfollow them at once. Also, you can sort by specified fields simply by clicking the headers of the table.
- For selected views, there is now a 'Load More' menu entry, that allows you to load all, or a huge amount of items at once.
- Selecting images has been changed from Single-Click to Double-Click. This makes it easier to select a set of images and act upon it (Liking, Slideshow, etc). You can get the old behaviour back by changing it to Single-Click open in the Preferences. You can select multiple images by drawing selections with your mouse, or shift-clicking individual items.
- Version 1.4.3 | Release Date: 2012-04-23 | Download
What's New in Version 1.4.3
- Greatly enhanced the detail view image loading speed.
- InstaDesk now always saves the last download folder
- Fixed a bug where sometimes images weren't downloaded at all.
- Version 1.4.2 | Release Date: 2012-03-02 | Download
What's New in Version 1.4.2
Fixed an important issue where InstaDesk was generating too many requests and thus overloading a web service as well as the slowing down the loading speed of the app.
- Version 1.4.1 | Release Date: 2012-02-21 | Download
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Added a preference setting to disable the small 'heart' icon in order to make it more difficult to accidentally like images. Uncheck the 'Like Hover' checkbox on the 'Advanced' panel of the InstaDesk Preferences
- Added support for automatic updates in the slideshow: When a slideshow is active, the slideshow settings window has a new flag 'Auto Reload Images'. When you activate it, the slideshow will continously load new images for the selected view (Tag View, popular view, feed view) and iterate over them. Set the slideshow to a certain tag (say #manhattan) and you'll see new images from manhattan all the time without having to restart the slideshow
- Added the ability to save images in different file formats: JPEG, PNG, JPEG2000, TIFF, and BMP
- Added better support for displaying the location of images in the detail view
- Added support in the preferences for choosing different mapping providers to use when clicking the location of an image: Google Maps, Virtual Earth, Nokia Maps
- Sped up the loading of images even more, especially on Snow Leopard systems
- The image list view doesn't accept accidental clicks or hover anymore when the main InstaDesk window is inactive. So that it is more difficult to accidentally like an image.
- Updated InstaDesk to use Growl 1.3
- Changed the name of downloaded images to stay below 31 characters so that they can also be saved on non-hfs volumes
- Changed the default and minimum news reload time so that the max requests barrier is reached less easy
- When one has a huge amount of news, Growl will only display the most recent ones and not clutter the screen with hundreds of notification windows
- The Slideshow settings panel now supports clicking the label of a setting to change the setting which is in compliance with the HIG
- Added support for 32bit systems again
- Fixed the bug that caused the 'CRSF Login Error' for some users. This bug was introduced with a Mac OS X security updated due to a previous faulty behaviour of InstaDesk. In order to fix it, the 'Global Cookie Storage' feature had to be removed. It will be rewritten and come back in one of the next versions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash on startup for some people
- Fixed a bug where InstaDesk would not work correctly anymore if the file sync was active but set to a nonexisting folder
- Fixed a bug where the "About InstaDesk" window couldn't be closed anymore
- Fixed a bug where Kotoeri input was not working correctly
- Several small fixes where textfields in dialogs weren't focussed
- Fixed a bug where changing the icon of an album wasn't displayed until after restarting the app
- Fixed a bug where deleting images from albums was impossible
- Fixed a bug where sorting images in albums didn't work correctly
- Fixed an error where trying to download a private image would cause InstaDesk to switch randomly to a different image.
- Fixed a bug where the detail window would suddenly popup in the preferences window when clicking a Growl notification
- Fixed a bug where album downloads always saved as .jpg even though they were png files
- Version 1.4.0 | Release Date: 2011-12-31 | Download
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Main New Features:
- Thumbnail Details: Display detailed information about an image right in the thumbnail. Amount of comments, likes, date published and username can be set to be displayed. In addition, the info can be visible all the time or only on hover.
- Tags: The tag view has been improved a lot. InstaDesk now calculates a list of related tags for the current tag. The tag view also supports the standard user breadcrumb now. This means that when you click on a user, you can always go back to your previous tag search.
- File Sync: There's a new setting in the preferences now, that allows you to define a folder for InstaDesk to sync your images in. Whenever you upload a new image to Instagram, InstaDesk will automatically place a copy of that image into said folder.
- Sorting: InstaDesk now adds a sort button that allows to sort the contents of a view by likes, comments, date, or name
- Slideshow: The slideshow has been completely revamped. It doesn't go fullscreen immediately now (though that's just one button click away), one can select different background images, we added a simple Ken Burns effect, the scaling has been fixed so that it still looks good on huge screens, it is in general a lot faster, looks a lot better, and displays the published date of the current image and the username. Even more, the slideshow settings are automatically saved now.
- Completely revamped the code for the favorite friends feature. New images are highlighted, and the amount of unread items will decrease when you scroll past an image in the feed or any other view. Favorite friends can also be sorted by name, amount of unread images, or date now.
- We spend a lot of time testing and optimizing the whole codebase to improve the speed of InstaDesk. In addition to that, we reorganized a fair amount of code to allow for further optimizations in the future.
- The sorting of the albums can be defined in the preferences now
- There's a setting in the preferences now to define the default thumbnail view (small, medium, feed)
- InstaDesk should support Kotoeri (Japanese Input) now. Please send me a mail if it doesn't, so I can figure out how to fix it.
- InstaDesk now displays if an account is private
- One can now set the background image for the standard thumbnail view
- There're added preferences now, especially there're more options for change the background images in various views.
- The networking speed is faster now. InstaDesk 1.4 is better at downloading multiple images at the same time.
- Changed the looks of the app in various places, most notably the breadcrumb bar
- Added a feature so that when a comment doesn't get through to instagram (i.e. network error), the comment isn't gone, but you're free to try again.
- The white border in the detail view is optional now (see preferences)
- The button to mark a user as favorite is visible in the detail view as well now
And many bugfixes
- Version 1.3.6 | Release Date: 2011-09-22 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3.6
- Important: Fixed the bug where InstaDesk caused MacOS X to freeze, on some systems.
- Fixed the bug, where random pictures opened, when one closed a detail picture too fast
- Fixed the bug where one couldn't download or share his own pictures, when one had a private account.
- Changed the like animation, so that it doesn't block the UI anymore when performed in detail mode
- Fixed the menu, so that the 'New Folder' button works.
- Version 1.3.5 | Release Date: 2011-09-12 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3.5
- Added the ability to jump back to older backups of the album store. You can set the amount of backups in the preferences. Default is 5. Go back to previous backups by clicking "File -> Restore from Backup".
- InstaDesk now features a help section! With shortcuts, description, and more. It is under Help -> InstaDesk Help.
- The feed list view now allows you to see the comments for a picture and add comments to a picture without having to enter detail mode. Simply click the "Comments" button.
- Added the ability to print a picture. In detail mode, just click "File -> Print". The functionality is still very simple and will be expanded upon.
- Users can also be shared with friends now. If you're in the user view, simply click the "Share" button in the toolbar.
- Registered Instagram / Instadesk URL's. If you are in a Webbrowser, and there is instagram://photo/97s98f or instadesk://photo/98797 url, and you click it, it will automatically start InstaDesk and open the picture for you. The following links are supported: instadesk://tag/? instadesk://user/? instadesk://photo/? and the very same for instagram://
- From the feed view, one can now click on the name or icon of a user to open her in the user view.
- Added the cmd + w shortcut to close / hide the window.
- One can now delete all comments on one's own images.
- Added the cmd+enter shortcut to submit a comment from within the comment text box.
- The images of the followers and follows of a user are now displayed in the profile view lists.
- Added more entries to the menu for the various InstaDesk tasks.
- Added many new keyboard shortcuts, have a look in the help to find them.
- The searchfield now remembers your 10 last searches
- Huge memory and speed improvements
- Fixed the bug where the "Mark All As Read" button in the news didn't work for some users.
- Autocomplete in the comment form (when you enter an @) now correctly lists all people you follow.
- Fixed the error where the app would lock down after a certain amount of usage due to too many Instagram requests.
- Fixed a lot of problems with the comment listing. Now, the images show correctly and jiggle less.
- Since Emoji can't be rendered under Snow Leopard, they're now invisible there (no more weird characters in comments / descriptions)
- Fixed the problem that when one had many favourite users or many albums, the sidebar would always jump back to the top after selecting one.
- Changed the looks of the app and the app icon so to not violate any rights that Polaroid(TM) has on their characteristic images.
- The width of the sidebar is now being saved in between restarts.
- Changed the albums feature so that whenever you add an album, it is automatically saved. Previously, it was only saved when you quit the app. This behaviour caused data loss if the app crashed.
- Version 1.3.0 | Release Date: 2011-08-05 | Download
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Main New Features:
- Added the ability to choose between three different list views: Small Icons, Medium Icons, and Feed View. The current selection is saved per view or user.
- Added new sharing feature, where one can share albums with friends..
- Added complete emoji support under Mac OS X 10.7, Lion
- Reworked the app to make everything Lion compatible and keep it working on Snow Leopard as well.
- Added the ability to see the biographie, full name, and website of a user in his / her profile.
- Added a badge indicator for the favourite users that tells you whether the favourite user has uploaded new images since your last visit to his profile.
- Added the ability to define any kind of color as the background color in the Photo Detail view.
- Added more background images to choose from for the Photo Detail view (see preferences)
- Added the ability to remove favourite friends from the list by clicking the minus button below in case the user in question was removed from Instagram.
- Your complete albums are currently backed up in the InstaDesk folder whenever you quit the app so that they can be restored in case of data loss.
- You can click CTRL+Enter in the comment field of the Photo Detail view now in order to submit your comment
- Pressing space in any view and any listview mode will scroll the contents one image or one block of images.
- You can click ESC in the Photo Detail view now to leave it again
- Cleaned up and realigned the preferences.
- Added a feature where medium sized images are also temporarily cached on your system to allow for faster lookups.
- Included a new, and faster version of the json library in order to speed up the app.
- Fixed a problem where InstaDesk would get blacklisted from the Instagram server for a certain amount of time due to too many relationship requests.
- Fixed a problem where one had to reenter his username / password after each reboot. Now, when you activate "use global cookie storage" you shouldn't have to enter your username / password anymore.
- Fixed that favourite friends were visible when one was actually offline
- Fixed the problem where the images of your followers / people you follow were mostly black.
- Fixed a bug where the picture in the Photo Detail mode was always a bit blurry. Now it is as crisp as it should be.
- Fixed the favourite user mode so that it would switch to a new user faster.
- Fixed an error in the FollowerView where it would crash from time to time
- Fixed an error in the welcome screen where it wouldn't work right.
- Version 1.2.6 | Release Date: 2011-07-07 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2.6
Fixed the bug where the toolbar icons would sometimes be greyed out.
- Version 1.2.5 | Release Date: 2011-07-05 | Download
What's New in Version 1.2.5
- Added a new screen that shows you all items that you liked
- Added the option to export all the images in your albums (right click an album).
- Performed a major code clean up to speed up the application and to prepare for future feature additions and enhancements.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the news system, made it more reliable.
- Fixed the problem that sometimes InstaDesk would only load the first 25 pictures from a user.
- Fixed an error where the slideshow wouldn't work in a 2 screen setup.
- Fixed a bug where shortcuts would sometimes not work.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2011-06-02 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 1.2" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 1.2
<p>Version 1.2 brings great new features and several bugfixes:<br />- New Favorite Friends Function: If you follow many people, you will certainly enjoy having your close friends always visible.<br />- Growl support: Now you can always see what's up in your feed, even if you're working in another app.<br />- Enhanced keyboard shortcuts: The new shortcuts make it even faster to browse or like pictures.<br />- Multiselect: Now you can select more than one image if you want to add it to an album.<br /><br />Full Changelog:<br />New Features:<br />- Added the ability to create favorite friend lists. If you follow many people, you will certainly enjoy having your close friends always visible.<br />- Added support for Growl notifications. Activate them in the preferences<br />- Added two additional skins in the preferences to change the looks of the detail view<br />- Support for private users. InstaDesk will ask you to send them a follow-request.<br />- Added shortcuts for opening the detail view, and liking.<br />- Added support to use the left / right arrows for browsing.<br />- Added support to use the space bar in the feed to advance one entry<br />- Added apple-r as the shortcut for reloading<br />- You can now drag more than one image into an album! Multiselect only works if you start your selection on the right side where no pictures are.<br />- Added the option to edit existing albums<br />- Added more icons for the albums<br />- Added a screen to display new version features and also acts as simple help<br /><br />Bugfixes:<br />- Fixed the bug where the next / previous buttons would stop working from time to time.<br />- The state of the toolbar, if changed, is now being saved in between restarts.<br />- Fixed a bug where the feed would reload multiple times<br />- Fixed several small UI bugs<br />- Fixed a bug where clicking on @username didn't open the user but a webbrowser<br />- Changed and enhanced the comment fields<br />- Fixed the 'cliend_id or access_token URL parameter missing' error that would pop up from time to time<br />- Fixed a probably where news wouldn't work from time to time<br />- Fixed a bug where the previous / next image buttons wouldnât work anymore<br />- Fixed a bug where it was not always obvious how to open the main window again if it had been closed.<br /></p>
Licence: Commercial with demo