- Version 2.3.2 | Release Date: 2014-01-23 | Download
What's New in Version 2.3.2
- Fixed an issue which caused the map mode to not work anymore after installing an app from the App Store
- Fixed a bug where selections were not being kept during loading more
- Fixed an issue in the German localization
- Version 2.3.1 | Release Date: 2014-01-15 | Download
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- Completely revamped the "Likes" Popover view. Now, you can see a preview of the person who liked, and you can dive into a fast user preview right away. This makes it easy to "like back" a person.
- Also added the fast user preview to the "Comments" Popover view, for similar purposes.
- Added more functionality to the menu bar icon.
- Greatly improved the feedback dialog
- Expanded the arrow navigation for the icon view that was included in version 2.3.0. Now, when you forward through the icons with the arrow keys, the view will automatically scroll and load new images if necessary. I've also added support for quick preview (see below).
- Added the ability to remove previous tags or locations. If you searched for a tag and you want it to be removed from the 'recent searches' list, just right click it and select 'Remove'. This only works if the tag is currently not selected.
- Added support for QuickLook previews. Whenever you're in an icon view and want to preview the image in big size, without opening it in detail view, simply click the 'Q' key. This only works if the icon is selected.
- 14 Bugfixes
- Version 2.3.0 | Release Date: 2013-12-18 | Download
What's New in Version 2.3.0
New Features that are Mac OS X 10.9 Only:
- Added support for maps for each view. There's now a new view mode that shows you the images aligned on a map.
- The image detail view now has a mini map that allows you to see where the image in question was shot
- New Category - Places: Here, you can search for locations to see which pictures were being shot there. You can also store favorite places in the sidebar.
- Added a new filter mode. It allows you to filter the current visible images based on type (image / video), whether they contain geo information, amount of likes, and amount of comments.
- Added a new preferences that allows you to set the size of the font that is being used for the image icon views
- Added more keyboard navigation options to the icon views:
- Left Arrow now takes the selection to the next element on the left
- Right Arrow now takes the selection to the next element on the right
That way, you can navigate through images and like them accordingly without touching the mouse.
Important, the mouse hover has priority over the visible selection. So if you have one item selected, and you hover over another item, the hovered item will be liked / unliked if you press ‘L’. So when you want to use the keyboard to hover through your images and like / open them, make sure that you’re not accidentally hovering over an image.
- Enabled the ‘K’ button for the detail view, too
Many, many bug fixes and speed improvements
- Version 2.2.5 | Release Date: 2013-10-19 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2.5
- Added the 'k' key to the shortcuts. This will only like the current image, but not unlike it if it is already liked.
- When downloading multiple items, and there're videos in there, PhotoDesk will now download the videos instead of the images for these items
- Added an error message that appears if an item cannot be liked anymore because the user hit the like limit on Instagram.
- Added an error message that appears if the Instagram token / session is turned invalid on the Instagram side. In that case, it is required to reset the token by going to the Instagram website and revoking access for PhotoDesk.
- Added higher delays for the multi-like and multi-comment functionality. The reasoning behind this is, that Instagram has a ghost follower / bot detector now, and when you like too many items too fast in a row, your account will be flagged. PhotoDesk tries to insert delays beween multiple likes so that you like less over a certain period of time and thus can't flag your account.
- Fixed a bug that could in rare circumstances cause PhotoDesk to consume 100% cpu in the tag view
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes lead to 100% cpu in any view
- Fixed two bugs that would cause the downloading of image
- Fixed two bugs which lead PhotoDesk to crash in some rare circumstances
- Fixed the issue that on 10.8.5 or later, the view would sometimes look weird when going into fullscreen mode. Some users also had this problem in general, not just in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a bug where the feed would sometimes display the wrong descriptions for images
- Version 2.2.4 | Release Date: 2013-09-24 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Due to a change in the Instagram brand guidelines, InstaDesk had to be renamed to PhotoDesk
Favorite Tags are now being saved locally for each user
In the detail view, the download button will now download the video. Downloading of the image can be done under the action button
Changed the color of the 'favorite user' star to be more visible (yellow)
Fixed a download issue
Fixed an error in the German localization
Fixed a bug where the whole screen would sometimes turn white and stay white.
Fixed an issue where too many comments or likes using the multi-like and multi-comment functionality would lock up a user account.
- Version 2.2.3 | Release Date: 2013-07-02 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2.3
- Added Instagram Video support. Videos can be played in the detail view or in the icon view by hovering and clicking the play button. This does not work on 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Added the ability to download Instagram videos from within the detail view
- Added basic support for the next OSX release, more to come, stay tuned
- Added easier access to the 'Block User' button in the 'Followers' view, to make it easier to block unwanted ghost followers
- Added the ability to select several users in the 'Followers' view and block them all at once
- Improved the scrolling speed for the icon view on Mountain Lion and beyond
- Added Italian translation
- Fixed the bug where editing text in the template window did not work anymore
- Fixed a bug where going fullscreen on Mountain Lion would lead to weird results drawing errors on some systems.
- Fixed an issue where comments that were smaller than 1 char would not display and could cause the app to act in a weird way
- Fixed a bug where the yellow 'Follows-you-back' icon would sometimes display the wrong username
- Fixed a bug where some users would see the app in the German language instead of their local language or english (if the local language is not supported yet)
- Fixed a bug where the 'Open in Detail View' command in the menu did not work for some users
- Enhanced the German localisation
- Version 2.2.2 | Release Date: 2013-06-24 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2.2
- Added a simple feature where right clicking in any view (especially tag view) will allow you to load one more set of images. This is especially useful in tag view on huge screen like 27". Because usually, InstaDesk automatically loads new images as you scroll, but if the initially loaded images are too few to trigger scrolling, no new images will be loaded.
- In the News view, one can now move to the other news items right from detail view
- Changed the bottom bar logo a bit to better fit the new layout
- Added additional reporting for cases when the Instagram servers respond really slow
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the wrong description would be displayed in the feed view mode.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the feed view didn't work for some users
- Fixed a bug that would crash InstaDesk unexpectedly for some users
- Fixed a crash that would happen when Instagram would return weird data
- Fixed the bug where the big like button did not work in feed view mode
- Fixed a bug where sometimes when leaving detail view, InstaDesk would end up in a state where the whole UI was just white, and only a restart could fix it.
- Fixed a bug where the News view would have strange redraw errors when scrolling
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the mini gallery would only display one image even though there should be more
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-23 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Support for the new Mountain Lion sharing system.
- The detail view features a reload action now which allows to reload all the comments in the comment list.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new 'Sync Now' button, which triggers sync right away.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new progress indicator that lists how long it takes until all pictures are synced.
- Picture sync enhancements: Instagram now also syncs the picture published date. So the file creation date on the harddisk is equal to the date when the image was taken / posted to Instagram.
- The 'Follow' list now displays a small yellow icon in the bottom left that indicates if the user in question is following you back.
- Under Mountain Lion, clicking a news notification will also remove it from the News section.
- InstaDesk now notifies the user when the Instagram feed needs to be reset with the iPhone (until Instagram fixes this issue).
- Change the slideshow icons to be retina compatible
- The login sheet now sports a 'cancel' button so that InstaDesk can be quit if the network doesn't work.
- If the user is scrolling in the feed, i.e. if the user is not in the most recent area of feed items, the auto reload will not trigger in order to prevent the scenario where the feed would reload again when the user was just half way through it, requiring her to scroll all the way down again.
- The menu icon has been adopted again to display more detail in retina mode.
- Added a 'Why no uploads' help entry in the menu to make it easier for people to understand that the lack of file uploads is not InstaDesk's fault.
- Added support for the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys to scroll the feed and icon views.
- Made the like and comment icons in the icon hover view more beautiful.
- Enhanced the detail view comment loading process so that it should happen far less that InstaDesk doesn't load all comments (i.e. only 5 even though there're 120). Please note that everything beyond 199 is cut by Instagram. If an image has more than 199 comments, InstaDesk can't display all comments since Instagram doesn't serve this data.
- Fixed a bug in Picture Sync that caused it to not work in sandboxed environments (Lion, Mountain Lion).
- The start at login setting now also works in sandboxed environments (i.e. Lion, Mountain Lion). Due to sandboxed limitations, the app doesn't start right away but around 20 seconds after startup.
- Many Favourite Friends fixes: Newly added Favourite Friends now appear in the list right away.
- Fixed several race conditions where the Favourite Friends sync would crash InstaDesk.
- Fixed an issue where the Favourite Friend sync would cause the InstaDesk window to not update anymore.
- Favourite Friends requires less Instagram requests now especially when the Favourite Friend has many pictures.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes selecting multiple images (for liking, or adding to an album) didn't work correctly.
- Fixed several bugs that could crash InstaDesk when the user scrolled through comments.
- Fixed an issue where when posting a new comment it would not be displayed afterwards until opening the image again.
- Fixed a bug where when InstaDesk was hidden, it would suddenly appear again.
- Disabled the Like & Follow buttons in the follower table view for the current user (since it is impossible anyway to follow yourself).
- Fixed a bug in the News system where it wouldn't work correctly under Mountain Lion in certain corner cases.
- Fixed an issue, where the detail view would sometimes display the current user's name and 'You' as likers of an image.
- Fixed several Core Animation related issues that could cause freezes or crashes in certain environments.
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2012-07-24 | Download
<div class="product-review" metrics-loc="Titledbox_What's New in Version 2.0.1" more-text="More">
What's New in Version 2.0.1
<p>Changes:<br />- Better Retina Support<br />- Better Mountain Lion Support<br />- Support for Mountain Lion User Notifications<br />- The Auto reload feature in the slideshow now reloads every one minute.<br />- Added an internal notification mechanism to notify users when external factors keep InstaDesk from working. One example is when Instagram goes down.<br />- Added 'Share to browser' to the Share Menu<br />- Added a menu entry to open images in detail view<br />- Added arrow down and arrow up key support to the feed view for moving up and down along the feed<br />- Added a feedback menu entry to the help section.<br /><br />Fixes:<br />- Fixed a bug where the app would sometimes crash during startup<br />- Fixed a bug where the app would sometimes crash when opening a image in detail view<br />- Fixed the bug that lead to the 'Wrong Format' error message.<br />- Fixed a bug that caused the news from working correctly on some systems.<br />- Fixed several 'Favourite Friends' bugs that caused the Favourite Friends view to not display all new data when switching between favourite friends<br />- Fixed an error where opening a popover comment view would cause the app to sometimes not work correctly anymore afterwards<br />- Fixed a bug where the app could crash during syncing the Favourite Users<br /></p>
Licence: Commercial with demo