- Version 2.1.4 | Release Date: 2011-02-27 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2009-02-23 | Download
- If the toolbar is hidden on startup, on platforms that support it, show the login status in the menu bar.
- Eliminate 'phantom' auctions, where it claims it's in the list, but you can't find it
- Some listings which got completely 'lost', are now found
- When debugging is enabled at startup, substantially deeper database debug logging is kept
- Snipes status should now be accurately visible in the UI
- If you change passwords or usernames, snipes can now be successfully cancelled and set during that same session
- Fix the freeze-on-startup with maxxed CPU problem; mainly happened with very large auction databases
- Recognize infinite redirects during 'test login' as most likely being captcha interference
- Add a 'License Details' Help menu entry, so folks know what the license for JBidwatcher is
- Finally fix the icon paths in the 'Colors and Icons' Help page
- Add a 'just to be sure' update at 30 seconds after the end of a sniped auction
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2009-02-14 | Download
- Fixes include (in no particular order): * Bidding on items that are only visible on the non-US eBay sites should be more consistent (the error manifested as getting an error page which appears to be another login page) * Snipes placed or cancelled through the web interface show up in the main UI * Finally resolving a nagging problem with display configurations not being saved between sessions * Multisnipes not firing, or seeing 'unsafe multisnipes' when there aren't * Duplicate entries in the display should finally be eliminated * Auctions that end, or whose bid amount changes, should also consistently reflect the latest state that JBidwatcher knows * The .dmg for Mac users should have a link to the Applications folder, for easy drag-and-drop installation * Large deletes should be possible again (the delete happens in the background) * Better handling of eBay's bad HTML * Multiple currencies are allowed in multisnipes (although it's a bad practice, and you're warned against it!) * Double-click in the open space (where listings aren't) will clear the selection * --usb on the command line should work better now * eBay's habit of sending 404's for perfectly valid auctions has been partially worked around * Only active listings are loaded during start up, everything else (completed listings) gets loaded later, in the background * The Mature Audiences checkbox is now clearer about its use (and should not be used by non-US users; it will break logging into eBay) * The default browser on Linux is now 'firefox' * Under Mac OS X the JBidWatch.cfg file should be stored with the rest of JBidwatcher's files now JBidwatcher 2.x requires at least Java 1.5. This is available for Windows and Linux across the board, but it means that OS X 10.4 or later will be required for the Mac. I feel comfortable with two major versions back (So OS X 10.4 and 10.5, Java 1.5 and 1.6), as it combines the maximum number of people who will be able to use it, and a relatively usable development environment. * Mac OS X users can download an app.tar.gz. Download (it'll automatically decompress) and double-click the .tar file to extract the Application. I'm also trying to provide a Mac OS X .dmg * Windows users can download a Windows installer. The standard 'download and run' executable is still available, of course. * You can also download the Java binary for any other platform, including Linux and Solaris. Launch with: java -Xmx512m -jar JBidwatcher-2.0.jar
- Version 2.0Beta11 | Release Date: 2009-01-16 | Download
JBidwatcher 2.0beta11, a critical bugfix version, is available. There's a bug in multisniping that has the potential to fail to cancel later items when you win an auction, meaning you might win multiple items. Please upgrade immediately.
- Version 2.0 beta 10 | Release Date: 2009-01-11 | Download
This release should handle the Fixed Price problems, as well as other issues relating to eBay's new pages. It should read My eBay Watching pages, as well. It should include a favicon for when you're viewing pages in the internal web server, fix snipe failures when there's an error doing the pre-snipe, the XML file should contain the 'winning' status again, dutch auction recognition is improved, and data storage should be more consistent. It should also resolve the problems some non-US users have been seeing since an eBay change in October.
- Version 2.0 beta 8 | Release Date: 2008-09-07 | Download
Step by step it's getting better. 2.0beta7 had some problems with duplicating auctions, and in certain cases doubling the actual columns. The latest version (2.0beta8) should ease those issues.
This version is not expected to resolve all of the after-auction-updating problems, early move-to-completed oddness, delete and immediately re-add, or problems upgrading from 1.0.2. This version may expose other issues that were hidden behind the fixed bugs, but it should still be a better version than 2.0beta7.
- Version 2.0b3 | Release Date: 2008-07-06 | Download
Visible 2.0 features include:
A tab menu in the menu bar for configuring your tabs
An activity and log viewer (rudimentary right now)
A parameter for both running on a USB drive, and multiple users
A light freshening of the UI through new icons and other small changes
Links to related web tools (forums, for example)
Platform-specific features (Installer on Windows, new UI library on OS X)
There's a 'Test Login' button on the eBay configuration tab!
A clear indicator of current login status in the toolbar
A thumbnail column
Indian Rupee support
Much better parsing, including fixes for most major current problems
A few of the things fixed since the first alpha:
Per-item events should be preserved between runs
Comments and 'valid' status should be preserved between runs
Always focus on the text field when for the 'Add Auction' dialog
A better icon indicating there was a problem loading an item
Recognize 'button' tags as input tags, improving login consistency
Thumbnails are being loaded
'Report Bug' goes to the Lighthouse page now
The eBay server menu is back
better non-English character support
preserving the currency of items correctly between runs
remembering snipes between runs
retrieving and displaying shipping and location information
recognize deleted items versus items that we're having network trouble loading
recognizing the latest 'image not present' thumbnail
fixing the 'Buy' operation
supporting Indian Rupees
preserve last bid and last bid quantity between runs
visibly sort tables correctly on first display so the rows aren't in an inconsistent state
sped up 'shut down' for large auction collections
fix column headers which had been broken by a well-intentioned fix for Vista
Under the hood:
I've added a database where all auction information is stored
There's scripting support, waiting to be used
The source code has been heavily refactored for easier development
If you set 'logging.remote' to 'true' in the advanced config, it'll report exceptions to my server directly.
Things that are still not quite right:
No UI for enabling exception logging to my server (for debugging)
Minimum bids on Dutch/Power Auction listings are off a little
The Custom Columns popup menu sometimes doesn't pop up (especially after an upgrade)
Log viewing doesn't refresh
Sniping repeatedly retries if the bid is below what eBay accepts
Deleting a large number of items at once might raise a higher CPU load than usual
Vista's column headers look terrible
Some of the internal changes from 1.x (the addition of the database and scripting, mainly) add libraries that make the program substantially larger, so the downloads might take a little longer
Scripting and log viewing are both rudimentary right now, but provide a placeholder for future improvement.
There are features that have not yet made it into the 2.0 beta, but I want to get new releases out so folks can test the changes that have been made.
- Version 1.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-08-10 | Download
fixing a slew of eBay breakages over the last 3 weeks.
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-04-28 | Download
Correctly recognize the 'outbid' page when the existing hidden proxy bid is above your bid (the text was changed).
JBidwatcher is smarter about some character set functions, so you don't see as many '?' in browsing eBay items through its internal webserver.
Fix PayPal recognition.
Recognize the 'safe trading tips' interstitial, and some forms of the 'you don't meet a requirement' page, if it's possible to continue.
Both of these will slow down bidding, so if the snipe timing is set too close, JBidwatcher may not have enough time to handle these pages and still bid in time.
Fix the internal webserver's display list to show the snipe when one is set.
Removed older 'Buy It Now' detection code, as it was causing failures to load items.
(It still recognizes BIN items, the old code was from one of eBay's many wording changeovers.)
Improve Currency handling to avoid many of the problems which have caused the UI to lose all columns but 'Ended Date'.
Fixed up error messages somewhat.
Added an entirely optional setting for users to enable an 'Affiliate mode' where the author can make a few nickels at no cost to users when they 'browse to' an item that they later end up winning/buying.
Better recognition of the existence of a captcha (ebay's increased security graphic).
Fix potential negative bid counts.
Fixing US prices in the auction info, and better recognize them so we can estimate the sum of items in multiple currencies.
Some FAQ improvements, including a whole new FAQ on the site, that is distinct from the one in the program.
There are now forums, available at http://forum.jbidwatcher.com!
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2006-09-05 | Download
- No changes specified